Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That is not what happened here since Rangers had been cutting costs for about 4 years previously and there was a deal with the bank to pay off the debt owed there and that debt was coming down. What I want to know is why despite this plan did the bank suddenly start pressuring David Murray to sell?. I don't think it had anything to do with the banking crisis, maybe Murray's other dealings with the bank were going tits up regarding loans for other parts of his business empire (only a guess).

It wasn't sudden. Manus Fullerton was in place at Ibrox for a couple of years (approx) to get the house in order in preparation for a sale. This involved cutting costs. Murray had no real say during that period.

Unfortunately what Fullerton found was an unsellable business, but to have called in the administrators at that stage would have created negative reaction on Lloyds. So it had to be Murray who made it happen. (shadow directors and all those dangers).

The Rangers liability to Lloyds was just one part of what was owed by the Murray empire. That had to sorted out by sale of businesses and cost cutting, but in an increasingly tougher market action was needed on many fronts. One being Rangers.

:lol: AWRA is still in a bad mood after his hardmen sevco mates got the shite knocked out of them by The Hibs Kids in Edinburgh :lol::lol:

You talk absolute nonsense. You do know Celtic have the shittest/ most cowardly casuals in the whole of Scotland? They get done over by everyone. :lol::thumsup2

You really are an absolute cretin :lol: I could not care less if "Celtic casuals" get "done over" by everyone, infact I would be quite pleased if they did, morons. :lol:

Christ, was he serious when slagging off the performance of a team's casuals?

What an absolutely boneheaded underling he really must be. He actually deserves only our genuine pity.

:lol: AWRA is still in a bad mood after his hardmen sevco mates got the shite knocked out of them by The Hibs Kids in Edinburgh :lol::lol:

You do realise that Hibs have had the best "casuals" for the last 25 years? Its like mocking Andy Murray because he got beat by Novak Djokovic.

Edited by Fotbawmad

You really are an absolute cretin :lol: I could not care less if "Celtic casuals" get "done over" by everyone, infact I would be quite pleased if they did, morons. :lol:

I'm sure the Goon Brigade and their fawning apologists wont be happy to hear this.

It wasn't sudden. Manus Fullerton was in place at Ibrox for a couple of years (approx) to get the house in order in preparation for a sale. This involved cutting costs. Murray had no real say during that period.

Unfortunately what Fullerton found was an unsellable business, but to have called in the administrators at that stage would have created negative reaction on Lloyds. So it had to be Murray who made it happen. (shadow directors and all those dangers).

The Rangers liability to Lloyds was just one part of what was owed by the Murray empire. That had to sorted out by sale of businesses and cost cutting, but in an increasingly tougher market action was needed on many fronts. One being Rangers.

This looks close to the answer I was looking for and my thinking now was the first move to get away from that plan with the bank came from Rangers or rather David Murray. Craig Whyte had convinced everyone he had the money to pay off this debt and despite being the only creditable serious bidder Murray sold and bolted.

I loved that nonsense back then about suggestions that Rangers fans boycott Lloyds bank. Didn't they believe that Lloyds were trying to ruin their club, 'how dare they ask for their own money back'.

Oh the memories.. :lol:

I'm sure the Goon Brigade and their fawning apologists wont be happy to hear this.

Don't care :) had a couple of kickings at ibrox circa 85, but worst ie best would be in order,.....

Hibs

Aberdeen

Motherwell.

Sorry, your mob were classless thugs, not casuals

A GROUND-BREAKING partnership between Rangers Football Club and Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, is set to bring fans into a whole new era of in-depth, WiFi-based engagement with the club.

huawei_logo.jpgIn a seven-figure investment, the club is working with Huawei to provide one of football's first fully converged stadium-wide WiFi deployments.

The market-leading project will ultimately give every fan seated at Ibrox – as well as those in the approaches, concourse, restaurants and corporate areas – full, instant access to content-rich media and allow them to participate in real-time interactions with the club.

Starting in August on a stand-by-stand basis, the phased development will allow Rangers to engage with fans and create the best possible matchday experience.

The new set-up will remove connectivity problems in high-density areas and ultimately give 50,000+ supporters access to club competitions, merchandising, media, forthcoming events and enhanced fan/club engagement.

Stadium WiFi has been under discussion at Rangers for a number of years following fan demand, with supporters wanting to access the full panoply of internet sport while at the ground, but being frustrated by 3G mobile network download speeds.

Now, thanks to this partnership with Huawei, the club will create a more meaningful relationship with fans as well as enhancing the matchday experience at Ibrox.

seven figure investment eh, thought we pure skint an aww, what's going on?

If you read that article correctly it doesn't actually say that Rangers are making the 7 figure investment themselves and is a partnership so it would be more likely that Rangers are contributing something towards the installation but not the actual full amount.

Huawei are probably using Ibrox for promotional purposes in attracting more business by showing that their product works and there is a stadium fitted out with their product.

Can't wait for the meltdown at Ibrokes if the WIFI is pish during matchday :lol: .

Soccer Casuals are so 1980`s, some people on this thread are really starting to show their age.

They still exist, but only in tens and not hundreds like they used to be. With the internet and over the top policing. It is largely a bygone era. Even the Rovers KSC still exists, but its largely neds fighting Dunfermline or St Johnstone casuals down in Link's Street.