Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/8857429/charles-green-tells-jim-mccoll-to-put-cash-on-table-if-he-is-keen-to-invest

Charles Green claims he has returned to Rangers to save the financially-troubled club.

The former Ibrox chief executive has been installed in an advisory position at the club he left just four months ago.

The Yorkshireman stood down from his position over alleged links to former owner Craig Whyte but insisted the time was right to return.

Speaking exclusively to Sky Sports News, Green said: "This club is in an absolute mess.

"The recent events, particularly Malcolm Murray calling this EGM, wanting to sack the two executives and a non-exec, were the straws that broke the camel's back.

"And I think that is one of the reasons why Walter Smith decided to step down yesterday.

"I left the club in April to allow it to move forward, to get on, for me not to be involved because of the Craig Whyte issues.

"What I wanted to do was see Rangers prosper and I think if you read Walter's statement yesterday you'll agree that the board is completely dysfunctional and couldn't agree on anything. That never happened during my time at the club.

"I ran the company and I made the decisions and there are no decisions being made in that board because of the arguments between it. All of these things are a tragedy for the club."

Asked why Smith had to stand down as chairman, Green added: "Walter had issues three or four times.

"He actually came to see me in April and said 'look Charles, I am going to step down. I don't enjoy being on the board because of the way Charles Green does things... like a bull at a gate.

"We laughed about it at the time because I was having difficulties, as all the fans and the press know, with Alistair (manager McCoist) and of course Walter is very loyal to him and that's quite right.

"But from Walter's point of view, and he said himself two weeks ago that he is not a businessman, he doesn't understand plc and made the point he would be stepping down, I think the recent events have accelerated that decision.

"It's sad for the club that Walter has stepped down but the club has to look forward and not backwards."

Spit it out then - I can't guess what's on your agenda.

I don't think we really need do this again - we're not Hellbhoy and Tedi for Christ's sake.

My agenda such as it is, would be short. It's merely to highlight that your attachment to Rangers is hugely wrapped up with their size, stature and the consequent likelihood that they'll win a lot at football.

I don't think we really need do this again - we're not Hellbhoy and Tedi for Christ's sake.

My agenda such as it is, would be short. It's merely to highlight that your attachment to Rangers is hugely wrapped up with their size, stature and the consequent likelihood that they'll win a lot at football.

Haw you ! I resent that remark seeing as I've stopped being dragged down to Tedi's level ffs

Not like you to put words in someones mouth and twist things.

As I've said all along - we'll be back at the very top of what's left of Scottish fitba in the blink of an eye. We all know it.

:)

If you were to take an infinite number of The Ringers clubs and play them in an infinite number of leagues, they MIGHT win one of them. Eventually.

Theoretically.

Jobby McCall stating on Clyde 1 that it's too early to judge McCoist as Ra Peepul's manager...

I agree with McCall. McCoist should be given a 10 year 8 figure contract to ensure that he has adequate time to be judged. The fans of the old Rangers FC deserve nothing less than that.

Thats one of you lot at the wind up :rolleyes:

Not a The Rangers fan so obviously one of them mentality again Benny :rolleyes: could be some other fan of some other club and even an English one too seeing as The Clone Rangers are playing one tonight and may be on here to take the pish oot ye n aw rat.

And you know this how ?,go on show us your insight into this sorry saga by contributing something that doesn't smell of shite.

Why would I or any other genuine supporter of TRIFC be interested in the big tax case which is related to the old club? It is not relevant to us. The dishonest followers of the old RFC who have decided to support the new club may look upon it as related but not I or any genuine supporter of TRIFC.