Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Can they get more money from selling to King (that is if King even wants to buy) or more money from selling assets...

My guess is that they'll go for the latter option,

I think selling to King will be a quick exit with them, they've made plenty. I don't think they'd try and sell the assets, i'm also not sure how they'd go about it without us going into administration which i don't think is going to happen due to the legality of it all.

Has a club in administration ever been promoted before? :huh:

They have won leagues with players they have admitted they cannot afford, it is financial doping/blatant cheating, and they most certainly have been obtaining a sporting advantage.

“So although some of the money has gone on players’ wages, it is a very small fraction of where the money has gone.

“It (the ratio) is maybe 27/ 28%. I think the lowest in the Championship last year was 53 or 54% so that would give you the indication that the players’ budget should be well within the overall turnover and is within the overall turnover.

“So, I refute the players taking any stick at all on it, plus the fact that it wasn’t myself who offered the players the contracts.”

-----------------------------------------------------

The Club acquired a number of players in Summer 2013 that, based on financial forecasts, it should have known that it could not afford.

The first team squad has the second highest wage bill in Scottish football for a team currently playing in the third tier. The total player wage cost is well in excess of the level it should be primarily due to generous and poorly structured contracts that were awarded to some players when they joined the Club.

If (thank god I'm not) I was at bear at the moment, I'd be seriously considering the FC Rangers of Govan route as the best way forward. Either that or walking away.

Is the 'history' really that important that it's worth funding the retirement package of an assortment of spivs and gangsters to preserve?

I'm confident King will buy them out, not that i want them getting much money but in this lovely corporate world we live in anything we buy is getting a suit minted somewhere so wouldn't get hung up about it.

“So although some of the money has gone on players’ wages, it is a very small fraction of where the money has gone.

“It (the ratio) is maybe 27/ 28%. I think the lowest in the Championship last year was 53 or 54% so that would give you the indication that the players’ budget should be well within the overall turnover and is within the overall turnover.

“So, I refute the players taking any stick at all on it, plus the fact that it wasn’t myself who offered the players the contracts.”

The Club acquired a number of players in Summer 2013 that, based on financial forecasts, it should have known that it could not afford.

The first team squad has the second highest wage bill in Scottish football for a team currently playing in the third tier. The total player wage cost is well in excess of the level it should be primarily due to generous and poorly structured contracts that were awarded to some players when they joined the Club.

He's superb. The wages are fine but I want to remind you that I had nothing to do with the contracts!

Wages fine yet feels he must add the excuse of non involvement.

Yeah wages are great compared to turnover but vastly overspent in comparison to the level of competition.

If ally was smart enough he could think of halfing his 10mil wage budget would be an extra 5mil in the

coffers and he wouldn't needed to have taken that pay cut.

Mate, can you give me a quote from King where he states that he has the money to invest and WILL invest if given the opportunity.

The crook is full of hot air.

Posted this link on Sunday, it contains this...

‘It’s not unfair to say I haven’t put my money where my mouth is,’ he insists, ‘it’s just plain wrong. ‘I repeat, I’m the man who put £20m in and didn’t get a penny back. ‘I don’t even want to put new money in. If the Rangers board can raise £20m without me than that’s the first prize. ‘I would prefer it and my family would certainly prefer it – because that’s the trust funds for my four kids taken care of. ‘But what I am saying is that if there is a fresh share issue I am willing to do it. ‘It’s quite simple really. Where Rangers are concerned, I am the last resort guy. No more than that.’

Read more at: http://www.sport.net/dave-king-my-father-was-so-anti-football-he-didnt-want-me-to-be-a-rangers-fan_158165

1. Do you actually think King doesn't have the cash to purchase Rangers?

2. Do you think it isn't beyond the realms of possibility he would recoup money by owning Rangers?

:1eye

But as his overseas assets have to be repatriated to Sud Africa per his conviction for fraud/tax evasion, he cannot own TRIFC , unless it is 'Hola Jo'burg'

Edited by Bing (2)

TBF, the spivs plan was all about maximizing the most amount of turnover in the shortest period of time, and then creaming off as much of it as they could before the house of cards predictably collapsed. It's not that hard to do from a business perspective. All it takes is some heartless decision making. Ra Peeple who should have known better like Youngsty and Tedi couldn't see this, and more importantly refused to realize it. Simply because of their delusion that P&D's would always lie to them. Not understanding us non-Sevco fans have no emotional investment in the on goings of their football clumpany. Other than the joy of laughter of course :lol:

Edited by Fotbawmad

Paying daft money for it now without any planning permission for housing would also by daft in the extreme.

isn't it written on the deeds,that murray park can only be used as a sporting venue now and in the future.so nobody can buy the place and build on it.sure i read that. on here maeby ?