Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Why was the debt not settled at the time though?

Why did they continue policing games without getting paid.

A simple answer Timmy, do you think the police would allow 40,000 plus demented supporters to wander the streets of Glasgow if Rangers had lost a vital fixture ?, it was for public safety. It would be cheaper to the public purse to police them than let them run riot in the streets and sending innocent people to the hospitals..

A simple answer Timmy, do you think the police would allow 40,000 plus demented supporters to wander the streets of Glasgow if Rangers had lost a vital fixture ?, it was for public safety. It would be cheaper to the public purse to police them than let them run riot in the streets and sending innocent people to the hospitals..

They stated that they wouldn't allow them to continue playing without getting paid. They then said that they had reached a deal and would be paid. So why weren't they?

Talk of riots is just stupid.

They stated that they wouldn't allow them to continue playing without getting paid. They then said that they had reached a deal and would be paid. So why weren't they?

Talk of riots is just stupid.

Talk of riots isn't stupid !, a bad result and no police to control an angry mob then it's public disorder, it is safer and cheaper for the public purse to police it whether or not they get paid. But paying the police keeps the public purse happy.

Also to note that both Rangers and Celtic do not pay the police the full amount it costs to police games but pay a fraction of the costs owing to the fact it's better to have policing at the former old firm games than no policing because the police didn't get paid.

It's all about public safety and not the fact the clubs are stiffing the public purse.

FFS Benny that wasn't the wee tax case that was inherent tax liabilities which is completely different from deliberately withholding tax from the HMRC like what Whyte did for not paying the players PAYG which became known as the wee tax case.

Clueless as ever you are :lol:

Eh, I thought the WTC was the initial EBT/DOS scheme that a couple of players(klos and deboer?) were placed on until oldco were found liable and Murray moved onto the more aggressive Baxendale EBT scheme?

Nothing to do with Whyte, iirc.

Talk of riots isn't stupid !, a bad result and no police to control an angry mob then it's public disorder, it is safer and cheaper for the public purse to police it whether or not they get paid. But paying the police keeps the public purse happy.

Also to note that both Rangers and Celtic do not pay the police the full amount it costs to police games but pay a fraction of the costs owing to the fact it's better to have policing at the former old firm games than no policing because the police didn't get paid.

It's all about public safety and not the fact the clubs are stiffing the public purse.

The police can refuse to let a game go ahead. They have the final say on matters. They are also accountable to the public and for them to police rangers games for free is a total waste of taxpayers money.

Eh, I thought the WTC was the initial EBT/DOS scheme that a couple of players(klos and deboer?) were placed on until oldco were found liable and Murray moved onto the more aggressive Baxendale EBT scheme?

Nothing to do with Whyte, iirc.

The EBT tax was the BTC and then Whyte not paying the PAYG then became known as the WTC.

The police can refuse to let a game go ahead. They have the final say on matters. They are also accountable to the public and for them to police rangers games for free is a total waste of taxpayers money.

As pish as it is the police have a duty to maintain public order. Do you remember the bears protest from Queens Park to Hampdem ?, how much do you think it cost the public purse to police for the stupid morons to protest about the association that actually concocted they allowed the club to move to a different company ?

As pish as it is the police have a duty to maintain public order. Do you remember the bears protest from Queens Park to Hampdem ?, how much do you think it cost the public purse to police for the stupid morons to protest about the association that actually concocted they allowed the club to move to a different company ?

Cancelling one or more games would have caused grumbling from the Bears but I don't think they'd have rioted.

FFS Benny that wasn't the wee tax case that was inherent tax liabilities which is completely different from deliberately withholding tax from the HMRC like what Whyte did for not paying the players PAYG which became known as the wee tax case.

Wrong

There is a difference between policing a public demo and a football match. One I would expect the public to fund and the other I wouldn't.

Then the match wouldn't be allowed to go ahead.

It was a theoretical point I was making Timmy.

Anyhoo the matches will go ahead at some point regardless of whether the fuzz get paid or not. If they do not police then the games don't go ahead what do you think will happen ?. There are a multitude of variables that can go wrong if these games do not go ahead so the season finishes as scheduled.

It was a theoretical point I was making Timmy.

Anyhoo the matches will go ahead at some point regardless of whether the fuzz get paid or not. If they do not police then the games don't go ahead what do you think will happen ?. There are a multitude of variables that can go wrong if these games do not go ahead so the season finishes as scheduled.

Not necessarily. If the polis aren't being paid, the leccy bill will be next. Next thing you know... oh, they've gone bust. No team left to fulfil the fixtures.

So tax payers money should be used to ensure rangers can finish the season?

That is utter nonsense. If the police are not getting paid they should have stopped the games going ahead. Not wasting our money helping a football club. I don't pay my taxes to help rangers.

Anyway the point is they stated that a deal had been done so what happened then?

So tax payers money should be used to ensure rangers can finish the season?

That is utter nonsense. If the police are not getting paid they should have stopped the games going ahead. Not wasting our money helping a football club. I don't pay my taxes to help rangers.

Anyway the point is they stated that a deal had been done so what happened then?

Rangers offered the police shares in the next share issue.