Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

JS42572601.jpg

rod stewart seemed to enjoy himself last night

He wears it well...

The benefits of having GCC in your back pocket, eh?

Yep , its great as long as you don't piss your benefactors off :)

(See the dead club and the Crown for example)

I cant seem to find the posts from the St Johnstone supporters and especially Aberdeenbud relating to The Saints win against Rosenborg in European competition. They were using this to highlight how the game in Scotland has improved in recent years....I pointed out that Rosenborg were a pale shadow of the team they had been and Norwegian Club Football was in free fall on at least a par with the Scottish game. Rubbish they all shouted but while looking to put a coupon on for today i noticed the mighty Sligo Rovers managed to pump Rosenborg in Norway...Funny as Aberdeen bud seems to have missed that result so i hope he sees this...Pumped by an also ran Irish Club in Norway. ^_^

As Mikey says, you claimed "turning over Rosenberg is the equivalent of beating Falkirk". Nothing to do with the standing of Scottish or Norwegian football, you were just bitterly attempting to belittle a good result for Scottish team in Europe. Although nice no.8 denies this of course. ;)

He definitely disagreed with me when I suggested we were on a par.

I did and I stand by that. Our game is incomparable to the Irish League by every measurable comparison.

Edited by AberdeenBud

As Mikey says, you claimed "turning over Rosenberg is the equivalent of beating Falkirk". Nothing to do with the standing of Scottish or Norwegian football, you were just bitterly attempting to belittle a good result for Scottish team in Europe. Although nice no.8 denies this of course. ;)

I did and I stand by that. Our game is incomparable to the Irish League by every measurable comparison.

I actually didn't. I wasn't even belittling anything...I was pointing out that Rosenborg are a pale shadow of the team they once were and Norwegian football was on the slide. Now given that the mighty Sligo Rovers have managed to beat Rosenborg in Norway i would say i was absolutely spot on.

Take celtic out the equation and there is very little in it.

Why would we take our largest and most successful club out the equation when comparing leagues? :unsure:

Even if we did, I still think you're havering tbh.

Obviously the parallel with Ireland is bogus, as was proven to backtracking Spiers when he attempted to peddle the same line as No8 on the Radio. In terms of crowds and interest, the Scottish top flight wins hands down.

If as I suspect must be the case, you wish to argue that the standard of football is at similar levels, then I'd still disagree, but you'd probably be on firmer ground.

To be honest though, I wouldn't be too bothered. I'd much rather a weaker, but more egalitarian game, than one where two sides had much much better players than everyone else. If it means all our good international players have to play in England, then I'm also fine with that. Most of those who comprised our good 1970s squads did that anyway.

Our game coming to resemble Ireland's domestic one would not necessarily trouble me.

I actually didn't. I wasn't even belittling anything...I was pointing out that Rosenborg are a pale shadow of the team they once were and Norwegian football was on the slide. Now given that the mighty Sligo Rovers have managed to beat Rosenborg in Norway i would say i was absolutely spot on.

I actually agree with you, Rosenberg aren't as good as they were ten years ago, but I think that point got lost in the ridiculous comparison to Falkirk.

I actually agree with you, Rosenberg aren't as good as they were ten years ago, but I think that point got lost in the ridiculous comparison to Falkirk.

I told you at the time i was taking the piss with that line. I did say Rosenborg result was not that great a result as they have fallen away over the years as has Norwegian club football....Rosenborg 1-2 Sligo Rovers kinda helps proving that point. The bookies have still got Sligo better than 3/1 for their home leg which would suggest they expect a St Pats v Legia kind of result...we'll see.

But hey ho....You keep plugging away with the throw away joke and run with it if it makes you feel better

FAO MhTh...It was Tedi that made the comparison about the standard of football....Nothing to do with crowd sizes. Certain Conference clubs get bigger crowds than Motherwell so i am not sure what your point was regarding that.

FAO MhTh...It was Tedi that made the comparison about the standard of football....Nothing to do with crowd sizes. Certain Conference clubs get bigger crowds than Motherwell so i am not sure what your point was regarding that.

Yes, which is why I dealt quickly with the idea of crowds (an angle often pursued by those keen to compare our game - OF apart - unfavourably to unfashionable leagues) before going on to address the standard of football idea at much greater length.

So I've not a clue why you're attempting to make your 'point' at all.