Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

A fraud that could not, and probably would not, have been committed were it not for my aforementioned points.

So as much as you may wish to ignore them, they remain entirely relevant.

Indeed, under Sir Minty of the Moonbeam, OldRangers had racked up losses of £135,777k (per the accounts to 30 Jun 2010), yip, you read that right, that's cumulative losses of nearly £136m during the glory days.... (And for the avoidance of doubt, that is before the disputed tax liabilities).

Sir Minty of the Moonbeam was so desperate to get out, that he ignored the due diligence findings of his own board.

Craig Whyte was indeed a hero shyster, Sir Minty knew it, but couldn't give a shyt, his need to cauterize the cyst that was OldRangers and to get the hell away was just too great.

Every time I think about it, it brings a smile to my face. :)

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Anyway you were warned about the billionaire who you paraded around Ibrox like some demigod, Then you had Cuckles who you were warned about by sheff utd fans, he done a bit o dog whistling and he was paraded around like a demigod, then Sally whistled about buying tickets to cover his massive wages and you all fell for his one of the boys acts.

No instead of the whatabout this or that, lets just try and focus on the fact that there has been a very serious and massive fraud committed that has cost many thousands of people a great deal of money and distress. That fraud being a massive criminal conspiracy committed by people in positions of trust.

You seem............ upset?

Listen we all know the story where Murray is concerned, however the fact remains that there has been a massive fraud committed, something that you and others on here seem to want to ignore by throwing it all back to the SDM tenure. Try and realise that every Rangers fan is very aware of the Murray days and his financial dealings but now we are on the verge of seeing a gang of criminal fraudsters being brought to book, that will do for me and if Murray becomes embroiled in the charges put forward then that will do for me also.

What are you havering about now? I think these spivs being brought to justice is a good thing and I hope they get their comeuppance. I'm not ignoring anything, we're discussing the fraud at the moment, although we're not sure of the exact nature of the charges, so you may be jumping the gun somewhat with precisely who has been frauded.

The climate that allowed this fraud to take place was absolutely created during the Murray years and at best tacitly condoned, at worst actively encouraged, by the rangers support. This cannot and should not be ignored when discussing the omnishambles of the last three years, despite any criminality that appears to have taken place during the death throes.

What I'm challenging is what appears to be a growing revisionism that RFC and it's supporters were somehow innocent victims in all of this.

Who are these people? I think we should be told (2009 edition) :).

"The Rangers Supporters Assembly, Rangers Worldwide Alliance, Rangers Supporters Trust and Rangers Supporters Association issued a joint statement in which they also urged Sir David Murray to sell his majority shareholding in the club as quickly as possible."

Steatment read "Rangers fans have endured unnecessary and damaging uncertainty over the future of the club and it is now time for this to be resolved. The current situation cannot continue – it is imperative that a change in ownership is completed now."

:)

They seemed........ upset?

Edited by aDONisSheep

With all these arrests and the warrant issued will the fraud squad look at these pesky ebt loans that have yet to be paid back. They were the start of everything. If it wasn't for them Murray wouldn't have sold the club/company to a dodgy person for a quid.

But the only people ever wanting to buy into Rangers are dodgy. 8) It just seems to be a prerequisite. :lol:

It is so bad that at times even Dave Kings looks like a best bet. :o

Long before but not immediately before CW`s arrival, in fact they announced a £13.1M retained profit in 2010, think you forgot to add that part in with all the revisionism flying around.

No they didn't.

According to the accounts they made a profit of £4.2m in 2010 or do you mean the 2010/11 period.

Even if you take Operating Profit (PBIT) it was only £5.1m.

Yours

aDONis

Update; The period from Jul 2010 to Jun 2011 were Nookie's first (and only) set of accounts. They had a profit of £76k (source = STV News).

In fairness Nookie did make a statement that OldRangers was "no longer reliant on bank funding." How did that pan out :)

Edited by aDONisSheep

Long before but not immediately before CW`s arrival, in fact they announced a £13.1M retained profit in 2010, think you forgot to add that part in with all the revisionism flying around.

I'd say they were still a basket case despite this. As shown by being reduced to having one of their banks representatives on the BoD and the complete absence of any remotely credible figure to buy the club from Murray.

The legality of the EBTs have been confirmed long time ago. No doubt the SFO have looked at SDM during this investigation but it seems that, as of the present, he is clear. Very pleasing to see that the law is now intent in bringing serious charges against the criminals who conspired in this massive fraud, now we await the arrest of the scumbag that is Craig Whyte and indeed anyone else who has been involved in this. Hopefully Green is a very worried man just now.

Just because someone has not been arrested or a warrant issued does not mean he is clear.

Maybe Murray will not be charged with fraud, but at the very least he should be charged with irresponsible behaviour as a director of a quoted business, where he ignored the formal advice of his fellow directors about Whyte.

Edited by thelegendthatis

It was the interim results £13.1M, dipped to £9M the following year

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-half-year-figures-reveal-dip-1099104

Point being that basket cases and profit are not really words you associate together.

Except of course those were only interim statements and not their profits at all.

If you want to see the profits, then you should use the proper source data. Here try these;

http://www.isdx.com/infostore/Company-Accounts/RangersFootball/rangers2010.pdf

Try page 14 for the P&L and 15 for the cumulative P&L.

They were also kind enough to give a five year summary on page 35, and guess what........ Net losses of £8m. Go figure?

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

Trying to understand who all have their snouts in the Ibrox trough as warrants and charges fly around.

Usually when chasing the guilty it is useful to follow the money.

Does anyone have a league table of who has made what from Rangers over the years? Right from when David Murray walked in the door.

Need to count salary, ebts, golden hellos, even more golden farewell packages, pension contributions, bonuses, dividends and other sweetners we know about.

Then can work out a per annum figure based on their length of service.

Could make fascinating reading, not just for those charged in the last few days but the legends like Ally, Uncle Walt, Sandy Jardine, John Greig, Gordon Smith who always had the 'best interests of the club at heart'. Aye right. :wacko:

Edited by thelegendthatis

You would say? what relevance is this?

The bank were controlling Rangers, not Murray, basket cases do not turn a profit.

No credible figure was going to buy a club with a massive £100M tax case hanging over it, how many times do we have to go over this, god knows why you are greeting about revionism when here you are spouting your own.

Tedi don't be so silly. The banks were not controlling Rangers. Otherwise they could be treated as shadow directors which would have been far too dangerous for their own business and the individuals personally.

Good old Manus would have played it all very correctly, no doubt with daily support from his legal department. They would however have made clear to Murray that they wanted his debt to them reduced. How he obtained the £18million to throw at Lloyds was his decision and his decision only.

Any other interpretation is just made up nonsense. Or wishful thinking.

If i was the QC i would feel a bit aggrieved about a certain post .....

If you were me ?

There wasn't any reason to drag me into Tedi & Dave's wee spatter. It just shows Tedi doesn't have a sense of humour and waited and waited till the fucknugget that was Bennett to join in and get all phobically upset and drag me into something I did not have a part off.

Well done Bennett.

For point of humour here, Tedi has made such a huge arse of himself on the BRALT it wouldn't ever touch the sides.

What point are you trying to make here?

I have already said that when Murray was running the show the club was running at a loss, your 5 year thing is pathetic.

Does not matter how much you twist it, prior to CW taking offer, Rangers were a profitable business, not a basket case.

Not my five year thing, it's straight from DeadRangers accounts :) Did you not read it? ;)

Cumulative losses of £135.8m would suggest they were a bit of a basket-case and not really that profitable a business.

DeadRangers had a high risk strategy that had them hooked on European Income (predominantly CL monies).

Now I do have some sympathy with your argument that DeadRangers could have been profitable (on an ongoing basis). However we all know that "[you] deserved better" (stop laughing at the back). :)

DeadRangers were I'm afraid, just a couple of bad euro-results away from toppling over.

Yours

aDONis

What point are you trying to make here?

I have already said that when Murray was running the show the club was running at a loss, your 5 year thing is pathetic.

Does not matter how much you twist it, prior to CW taking offer, Rangers were a profitable business, not a basket case.

:lol: Another financial fuckup for the Tedster. :lol:

Tedi !, the gift that keeps on giving. :)

Is Tedi talking shyte yet again ... what a shocker ..

Does he honestly think if the club was really making 'profit' and not just massaging the figures that Minty would have sold.

Everyone knew the club was bleeding cash regardless of the "tax case" ... well everyone except the bears.

Tedi still thinks Minty's previous share issue for 50 million was an 'investment' .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The club had been a basket case for years .. it had never been 'profitable' for a long time ...

I'm sure Tedi added that £50 million to the back of his fag packet as a profit. :lol:

If it were possible Tedi even broke his fingers & thumbs calculator. :lol:

You would say? what relevance is this?

The bank were controlling Rangers, not Murray, basket cases do not turn a profit.

No credible figure was going to buy a club with a massive £100M tax case hanging over it, how many times do we have to go over this, god knows why you are greeting about revionism when here you are spouting your own.

It's not revisionism at all to state that RFC was in an extremely parlous financial position (ala a basket case) immediately proceeding The Whyte Fakeover, despite any relatively small isolated paper profit that may or may not have existed. As was shown by the extremely rapid collapse of the club into administration, and ultimately liquidation, after one year of failure in European competition immediately after.

You know, reading this and other rangers threads on the last couple of weeks has been an absolute eye opener. Who'd have thought Sally was such a drain on the club? That Charles Grands Mains was bent? That rangers (whatever the fùck that means) were the "victims" in all of this

Youngsy should know better, with his "club is the PLC" faux pas, but I reckon the halcyon days of 2012 could yield some cracking quotes from our special wee P&B berrz unless they all take a leaf out of Little Grasps book and embark on mass redaction of the triumphalist shite we had to wade through back then.

"What's left of Scottish Football"? More like what's left of rangers.