Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

SFL came under the auspices of Scottish Premier League Ltd, the company formed in 1998. Business terms it was a takeover not a merger.

Don't try to confuse him, two companies became one.

Caledonian took over Thistle too, it's still referred to as a merger though ;)

It is not a new company running it - it is the exact same company as before - the company name just changed. (Check Companies House - Company Number SC175365).

Okay, okay. Same league, expanded.

That's what I get for believing chucky when he promised Rangers fans they'd never play in the SPL.

Edited by stonedsailor

Don't try to confuse him, two companies became one.

Caledonian took over Thistle too, it's still referred to as a merger though ;)

It's you doing the confusing by saying it was a merger when it wasn't:) calling it a new company when it isn't, am just adding clarity.

It's you doing the confusing by saying it was a merger when it wasn't:) calling it a new company when it isn't, am just adding clarity.

Cheers, happy to admit my erroneous ways.

Last week:

Rangers issued a statement saying the award "vindicates the club's decision to take the matter to a compensation tribunal".

The statement added: "Dundee United introduced a late argument stating Rangers should only be awarded compensation for the training and development of Charlie Telfer for two years instead of the 10 years that he was with the club.
"They argued the club in its current form has only existed for two years.
"It is disappointing Dundee United tried to pursue this tiresome, legally incorrect and provocative argument given that it has been repeatedly confirmed by the football authorities in Scotland and beyond that administration and liquidation of the companies that owned the club did not break the continuity of the club's history or its record of honours won."

( http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30395680 )

This week:

The Scottish Professional Football League is withholding £250,000 of broadcast money due to Rangers in a bid to recoup a fine imposed for the club's use of a controversial tax scheme.
Lord Nimmo Smith imposed the fine in February 2013 after finding Rangers broke league rules in their use of an employee benefit trust (EBT) scheme.
Rangers say they will appeal against the SPFL decision "vigorously".
They argue that the company in breach of the rules is being liquidated.

( http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30510604 )

Sorry, I know this is hardly an original point - but there's a part of me that really actually admires this level of chutzpah.

And then there's most of me, which just wants to see the c***s shut down.

It's not just getting them into Europe, though - he'd have to fund them to the extent that they stay in Europe longer than a couple of games. Whole different teapot of mackerel, that.

Yes you are right....but if they are in the top league and playing a qualifier say he invests 8/10 mllion in the summer..

with the right manager and signings this would probably be achievable.

10million in the epl for Newcastle would be a decent standard player...not top quality...which is why the geordie fans are sick of him...they want the club to kick on.

If he invested this in sevco got them decent he could get them in champs league not guaranteed ...but achievable...think he would Hoover the profit into sports direct and drip feed them budget wise for a few seasons until he really had t invest in the paying side again.

Like I said just guess work and my opinion.

Edit to add...just seen sky sports news ....sally staying on as manager

bang goes my idea...as mike would need a good manager.

Edited by the 67

what a strange point to make??

it wasn't rangers that said this, it was the spfl tribunial http://news.stv.tv/scotland/303123-rangers-oldco-liquidators-seek-chunk-of-charlie-telfer-tribunal-cash/

The situation is further complicated by another company, Rangers Youth Development Limited, which was wholly owned by the oldco and was dissolved in 2013.

It effectively employed young players at Murray Park before selling them to the club at the point a professional contract was signed.

It is understood however that the SPFL tribunal made no distinction between oldco, newco or Rangers Youth Development Limited and deemed the training club simply to be Rangers in its present form.

i think everyone now except the few on p&b regard old and new rangers the same club

however my point was that its not the same league and the debt should not be paid, not because its rangers i want to see the spivs emptied out of ibrox as soon as possible but it needs to be done fairly and legally and if it ends in administration again because of the mistakes in the past, so be it

You really want to get out more, then. Try talking to some normal people, not those who require that there exists some kind of "immortal institution" that isn't subject to the same rules as anyone else in order to claim some kind of status,however vicarious, in their lives.

An "institution" so exclusive that the entry requirements to become one of the ubermensch is to decide "Ah fancy bein' a rainjurs fan". No wonder everyone is so jealous of ra peepul. :lol:

Enjoy the journey. :thumsup2

if the spfl are withholding money from the club then maybe the action of the club could be to not allow cameras in to show the rangers celtic cup match and this include banning celtic tv from the ground.

Was on my macbook pro when I read this post.

Now on my phone.

Snafu, you owe me £2225.53 as result of coffee killing it due to stupidity of your post.

Last week:

( http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30395680 )

This week:

( http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30510604 )

Sorry, I know this is hardly an original point - but there's a part of me that really actually admires this level of chutzpah.

And then there's most of me, which just wants to see the c***s shut down.

It sums sevco up...same club when it suits.

Why is everyone assuming Ashley even needs a team playing out of Ibrox, let alone in the champions league? He can sell Rangers branded tat to the gullible hordes no matter what. another heritage/nostalgia brand to add to the portfolio. That's all they are.

Business as usual at Sevco.

So carry on living beyond their means.

Carry on racking up the debts.

Carry on paying overinflated salarys to overinflated individuals.

Carry on playing in front of ever decreasing crowds.

Carry on being rancid to watch and suffer more humilations to teams with a fraction of Sevcos budget.

Carry on fucking up their season in the Championship - the highest they'll get before they go bust.

Carry on being both the biggest embarrassment and the biggest laughing stock to Sevco and nonSevco fans respectively.

Carry on dying - not long left now.

like u norman?

deary me, if there's anyone on this forum that needs to get out more and interact with other people. :lol:

on the journey, its not quiet finished yet. trophies to be won, europe to be graced many more bars to be set. ;)

With Super Ally confirmed as staying you're surely correct.

The above two posts from the crayon muncher and OTIG make that point of mine which snafu delights in ridiculing. snafu talks of trophies, and Europe. No idea where the money is coming from, but they're too big to for, right? Will the old club was a fùck load bigger - where are they now?

The rest of us can see clearly how badly the orcs have been screwed - with no good end in sight - while ra peepul think it's all going to be fine.

The above two posts from the crayon muncher and OTIG make that point of mine which snafu delights in ridiculing. snafu talks of trophies, and Europe. No idea where the money is coming from, but they're too big to die, right? Well the old club was a fùck load bigger - where are they now?

The rest of us can see clearly how badly the orcs have been screwed - with no good end in sight - while ra peepul think it's all going to be fine.