Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Personally, I think if he wants to, Ashley will still buy whatever shareholding he feels he has to in Rangers and will deal with the legal challenge from the SFA if and when it comes round.

Still very surprised that they have knocked it back initially.

Ashley can buy 100% of shares in Rangers if he wants, The SFA cant prevent that.

They can however, revoke club membership etc for breaching rules of entry to the competition/association

May I take this opportunity to wish all connected to this Rangers a very joyous last Christmas.

Got to be a joke somewhere along the lines of "we gave you the Hearts" but I can't come up with it.

If Hibs perked up it could be a double Whammy. :ph34r: Coat goat........

Hey! It's xmas eve ffs, drink has been taken.

A Christmas Carol

by Charles Dick'edGreen

First Paragraph

Ashley was dead, to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that. The register of his burial was signed by the EBT man, the clerk, the undertaker, and the chief mourner. Lawwell signed it. And Lawell's name was good upon 'Change for anything he chose to put his hand to. Old Ashley was as dead as a doornail.

Rangers Past = Fecked! Rangers Present = Fecked! Rangers Future = Fecked!

Christ! ye gotta love Christmas.

King has the supporters onside...King has the personal wealth to get the club back to the top.. King has the backing of many wealthy Rangers minded investors.

I just cannot see why the P&Ds are worried

Why does his personal wealth matter? I've been told the rangers fans want a sustainable(no laughing at the back), well run football club.

That's really just a load of shite isn't it? What you are desperate for is a sugar daddy so you can come storming into the top league spend your way to a few trophies and GIRFUY what's left of Scottish football.

Why does his personal wealth matter? I've been told the rangers fans want a sustainable(no laughing at the back), well run football club.

That's really just a load of shite isn't it? What you are desperate for is a sugar daddy so you can come storming into the top league spend your way to a few trophies and GIRFUY what's left of Scottish football.

It really is that simple.

Ashley can buy 100% of shares in Rangers if he wants, The SFA cant prevent that.

They can however, revoke club membership etc for breaching rules of entry to the competition/association

Then he can say he tried his best, have a chat with Lawell and they can f**k off to The Premiership in England. Their forever threats are realised and the rest of Scottish fitba dies a glorious death and quickly reanimates zombie style and prospers.

According to King all the guarantees they need will be given and the names involved will be released once the shareholders accept.

According to King Easdale accepted this.

According to King Somers is 'disingenuous'

Not sure what other choice the shareholders now have, they have nothing to lose accepting it especially given the alternative seems to be administration which is surely not in the best interests of shareholders or the company.

The leaked e-mail seems to suggest that the King offer is to be taken reasonably seriously, but you must recognise that such faith in the word of the glib and shameless one, may be misplaced.

I'm not saying he's lying, but it's surely possible that things are less clear cut than he claims. We don't even need to go back to South Africa to find his form for this type of thing. It's not that long since he claimed on one of his visits to have received categorical assurances from the SFA that he'd be clear to take over, before the SFA immediately piped up to say it was untrue.

For me, a Rangers under Ashley was more likely to survive, but less likely to dominate. A King led Rangers looks to me to be more volatile. The glory days may return, but the risk of the whole thing imploding is greater.

If I'd already seen my club liquidated, I think I'd prefer the lower risk option, but then I'm no Rangers fan.

To coin a phrase, careful what you wish for, lads.

You know as well as i do that the many onerous contracts make short to mid term sustainability very hard if not impossible. Long term sustainability is a must tho (if we last that long).

The leaked e-mail seems to suggest that the King offer is to be taken reasonably seriously, but you must recognise that such faith in the word of the glib and shameless one, may be misplaced. I'm not saying he's lying, but it's surely possible that things are less clear cut than he claims. We don't even need to go back to South Africa to find his form for this type of thing. It's not that long since he claimed on one of his visits to have received categorical assurances from the SFA that he'd be clear to take over, before the SFA immediately piped up to say it was untrue. For me, a Rangers under Ashley was more likely to survive, but less likely to dominate. A King led Rangers looks to me to be more volatile. The glory days may return, but the risk of the whole thing imploding is greater. If I'd already seen my club liquidated, I think I'd prefer the lower risk option, but then I'm no Rangers fan. To coin a phrase, careful what you wish for, lads.

Ashley already owns a football club so he's ruled out straightaway, i still think in the long term we'd have regretted him.

Let go the fact that Lawell said things three years ago that he's now very publicly changed his mind about? Yes, letting that go is not a problem for me.

You just can't help yourself.

Phone up and have a chat about Morten then, I am sure they will take your point.

It's Morton, but hey you knew that. Phoned up 5-6 times about Morton have never ever got on, they read out my text once about JM but they circled the wagons while not actually giving a monkeys. Trying to slag Jim Duffy would get you short shrift anyway. If you listen they have the same whammies on speed dial like Lawrie, Shaun, Norman and Charlie. Nobody else gets on unless you tug the clyde line, if a voice of dissent comes on they go to weather, adverts, traffic to get them off quick pronto.