Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

He had a mental rant which appealed to the popularist opinion on here and did not compare in anyway with what happened at Rangers.

It wasn't a mental rant at all. It was a post that exposed the infantile distortion of reality required, to pretend that club and company are entirely separate and can sensibly be treated as such.

Why not tackle the other bit of my post and explain why Rangers is still the same old entity, yet Gretna isn't?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

A solid reply,

Hmmmm, I'm trying to phrase this in way that makes it more simpler using the associations own rules.

OK, at this point in time if we take the Clumpany itself "The Rangers Football Club Ltd" a legally recognised separate entity by law, that's the entity the associations will recognise as the club. Looking at the associations view point today they see the clumpany is still solvent just about and competing in the Championship League. This is the entity that the associations will deem as the club and will view RIFC PLC as a different entity altogether and is not the club but is the owner.

RIFC PLC the owner itself runs into financial difficulty but the clumpany "The Rangers Football Club Ltd" accounts show the club itself is still financially solvent just about. So it's the owner who has run into financial insolvency but not the club and the owner has to sell the club "The Rangers Football Club Ltd" and the money from the sale of the club goes to service the owners debt, RIFC PLC.

So I'm saying that it is the owner that has ran into financial insolvency and the club is an asset that the owner can sell to pay of the owners debts even during an admin event to the owner RIFC PLC. It will be the owner RIFC PLC that will call in the administrators and not the clumpany that is "The Rangers Football Club Ltd".

Has that simplified what I am hinting towards ?

Is this possible that this club will escape running up debts, ditching the debts by being sold on and avoiding any sanctions at all because RIFC PLC the owner has all the liability for any debts the club ran up

because it was the owner of the club.[/just catching up with this today and your idea does sound like a likely scam for sevco to try get out of the position they are in.

Surely they would need Ashley to play ball as if he doesn't and the club liquidate will he not own car park etc.quote]

It won't work like that. If the holding company fails, and it's legally possible to separate it from its subsidiary (which I doubt), the liquidator/administrator will be obliged to realise all of its assets, including the £16M loan to the football club. Since the football club won't have the cash, they will have to to liquidate as well.

If the holding company don't fail but try to sell the club, the £16M debt will be a major obstacle. As a PLC they can't write it off.

They'd need someone with off-the-radar wealth to buy the club for £1 and pay off the loan. Now there's a good idea!

I reckon us P&D's should club together and resurrect Third Lanark. History intact. How easy do you reckon it will be to get admitted straight into the league?

Might need to call ourselves Fourth Lanark.

It won't work like that. If the holding company fails, and it's legally possible to separate it from its subsidiary (which I doubt), the liquidator/administrator will be obliged to realise all of its assets, including the £16M loan to the football club. Since the football club won't have the cash, they will have to to liquidate as well.

If the holding company don't fail but try to sell the club, the £16M debt will be a major obstacle. As a PLC they can't write it off.

They'd need someone with off-the-radar wealth to buy the club for £1 and pay off the loan. Now there's a good idea!

They could economise a bit by using some arcane tax wheeze,pretending wages are loans, enabling the recruitment of better players than the pish that they really can afford...

but No Sporting Advantage would ensue....

/Bitterness Off The Radar

Yesterday I posed a question, and has sparked off some debate whether or not the associations would try to pull off some devious shit in favour to The Rangers.

I will cast some minds back to just under 3 years ago when Chucky came out of a meeting with the SFA and claimed "The club is separate from the company and the company who used to run the club is going into liquidation". Remember how we all felt when they pulled off that devious slight of hand ?, it meant we were all robbed off seeing Rangers FC heading into the annuls in history as the games biggest and most corrupt club and finally got what they deserved. But here we have today according to certain quarters the very same club evading most of it's debt and carrying on as if nothing happened and still retains it's ill gotten gains according to those who care.

To further the question I posed I am quoting what the Daily Record reported last April that will solidify what I was posting, so get ready to be a bit disappointed if the associations do try to pull this off.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/business/business-news/rangers-ltd-reports-debts-161m-3396502

I have highlighted in red and blue the two separate entities legally recognised by law, in red is the parent company known as the RIFC PLC and in blue is the fabled Clumpany that is to all us the club itself TRFCL. Note how the wording in the quote above views the RIFC PLC as the owner who owns operates the club. And like I posted the Clumpany "TRFCL" appears to the entity the associations will deem and view as the club itself and will see the holding company as the clubs owner. Make what you will from that.

The bit in green shows that the debt the club/clumpany/TRFCL owes the parent company is unsecured and can be written off if the holding company goes tits up from a very high height and will be covered to a point if the club/TRFCL was sold off as recovery as much capital as possible towards the holding companies creditors "RIFC PLC".

I'm not saying this is actually going to happen but it is something I have thought about in much detail and theoretically could be one possible outcome should things for the bears take a really nasty turn in their crusade to reach the top tier of Scottish football.

Edut to add more damning info. :shutup

I think what the Grand Duke of Normandy and the SFA are trying to say is that what remained was intellectual property, brands and ephemeral but important shit like that.

I'm sure the SFA will eventually debase about 150 years of Scottish sporting achievement by codifying it as such. In its own loopy way it could mean that Premiership teams could remain Premiership if 'the parent club' went bust and someone bought the IP.

I was just wondering. If Sevco was to be liquidated, then what division would they have to start in again. The precident has been set atthe lowest division however with the new pyramid system from league 2 (I think its called now) and the lowland and highland leagues would it be the case that Sevco would have to start in the Scottish lowland league?

I was just wondering. If Sevco was to be liquidated, then what division would they have to start in again. The precident has been set atthe lowest division however with the new pyramid system from league 2 (I think its called now) and the lowland and highland leagues would it be the case that Sevco would have to start in the Scottish lowland league?

Maybe they won't come back at all. Where's the money for a third incarnation going to come from?

One of the beautiful things about BRALT is that you can click on almost any one of it's 6643 pages and be almost guaranteed a laugh at some form of Sevco fuckwittery.

Edited by DepecheBhoy

One of the beautiful things about BRALT is that you can click on almost any one of it's 6643 pages and be almost guaranteed a laugh at some form of Sevco fuckwittery.

yet you still login for your sad wankfest !

No wonder the Rangers fans accuse people of being obsessed, that Hellbhoy cuts a very tragic figure. He needs help.

Yer right, I need help, someone who is an expert in corporate law would be very helpful indeed.

The club is by the season end be in as much as £32 million plus in debt to the holding company, in the event of administration such as the previous incarnations demise every asset the club had was sold for a measly £5 million plus. The clubs only problem then was that it wasn't a viable business of it's own owned and operated such as the new incarnation of the club is by another entity as an asset to the owner.

So in the event the holding company calls in the administrators the club/clumpany as a viable business itself will be realised as a more valuable commodity to sell rather than selling of the assets so that the club gets liquidated. The administrators will get more money by selling the club/clumpany intact to any prospective buyer because there is far more value in selling on an asset "the club & it's assets" rather than a fire sale of the clubs assets to the highest bidder and they then have to go through the same process as Chucky and have to reform another Rangers FC in the lowest division.

One of the bears is starting to figure out that all is not well ...

The natives at Ibrox will be getting restless ...

Nice to see that projected £16 million plus in debt by the end off the season I predicted a few days ago getting backed up by an orc. 8)

Tedi will be raging. :lol:

No wonder the Rangers fans accuse people of being obsessed, that Hellbhoy cuts a very tragic figure. He needs help.

It's quite funny actually, especially when he doesn't realise that other posters are really mocking him.