Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Campbell Ogilvie (born 1950 or 1951) is the President of the Scottish Football Association and the former managing director of Scottish Premier League football club Heart of Midlothian.

Ogilvie was appointed assistant secretary of the Scottish Football League. In 1978, he was hired as general secretary at Rangers F.C. and later became a director of that club. Ogilvie relinquished his executive duties at Ibrox Stadium in September 2005, following a boardroom re-shuffle.

Ogilvie joined Heart of Midlothian in November 2005 to undertake similar duties under the title "Operations Director". Ogilvie was later promoted to managing director on 14 March 2008. Oglivie held 3505 shares in Rangers FC while a senior manager at Hearts.

In June 2003, Ogilvie became the treasurer, now second vice-president, of the Scottish Football Association (SFA). On 1 June 2007, Ogilvie became first vice-president of the SFA, with Alan McRae taking his place as second vice-president. On 8 June 2011 it was confirmed that Ogilvie would take up the presidency of the Scottish Football Association, succeeding George Peat.

In March 2012 Ogilvie admitted to being a member of the Employee Benefit Trust scheme run at Rangers when he was a Director of Rangers as well as the treasurer of the Scottish Football Association. He has has denied that this creates a clear conflict of interest in relation to the ongoing SFA investigation into whether the use of EBTs by Rangers constituted illegal financial doping. However, under his presidency, the SFA's handling of the administration of Rangers and the subsequent admission of the club into the Scottish Football League has involved a series of controversial decisions. His position as president of the SFA is widely regarded as untenable, though Ogilvie has offered to step down over the issue if his involvement becomes problematic.

Hmm.... dry.gif

The last bit I have highlighted so who exactly makes the decision on whether this is problematic ? The guy should never have gotten the appointment after the Hearts revelation, his involvement with the EBT puts the tin lid on it.

Really the whole of Scottish football in the fans should organise a boycott of either the Scottish Cup or an International match until he is gone,. It seems the only thing that will get the SFA to act is money.

The association won't do it as Regan and everyone else would have to follow so the only way to get them to act is by forcing a change, we would be as bad as those sad sacks living a lie with a dead club if we don't

The last bit I have highlighted so who exactly makes the decision on whether this is problematic ? The guy should never have gotten the appointment after the Hearts revelation, his involvement with the EBT puts the tin lid on it.

Really the whole of Scottish football in the fans should organise a boycott of either the Scottish Cup or an International match until he is gone,. It seems the only thing that will get the SFA to act is money.

The association won't do it as Regan and everyone else would have to follow so the only way to get them to act is by forcing a change, we would be as bad as those sad sacks living a lie with a dead club if we don't

Very good question which i don't know the answer to, maybe someone else here knows. And you have put forward a very good idea as to how to get rid of the corrupt b*****d from Scottish football.

Edited by SS-18 ICBM

I'm still unsure of your definition of diddy clubbers? Is that fans of SPL teams not involved in the former arse cheeks? Am I an uber diddy then?

I'm 47 years old and never really experienced much thuggery at fitba (I include @ Ibroke this season in the Cup Game) - should I be relieved? Happy? joyous not into that sort of shite? I've experienced it once at Ajax vs Fejanoord which wasn't pretty.

I'm not getting yer point other than a 14 year old mentality to slag East Fife who arre a nice wee club and realise our position in life, don't pretend to aspire to be "simply the bust"

Not sure of the definition myself but Scottish 3rd Division qualifies. The point about 'no one cares' is indicative of the failure of orcs to realise that you can't have a football league without other teams in it. I also wondered why no-one from the SPL ever counters Green's assertion that Rangers were thrown out of said SPL, then I it hit me, no-one cares.:)

Not sure of the definition myself but Scottish 3rd Division qualifies. The point about 'no one cares' is indicative of the failure of orcs to realise that you can't have a football league without other teams in it. I also wondered why no-one from the SPL ever counters Green's assertion that Rangers were thrown out of said SPL, then I it hit me, no-one cares.:)

Well said that man - the feelings of superiority and entitlement are obviously alive and well in the Cevco rank(er)s !!

When taken in context with the post i quoted's previous posts thats a strange thing to say and you know damn well not what was meant.

What the hatred and the venom that we are supposed to be showing against the tribute act.

To me we are being consistent we didn't hold with your financial mismanagement, the NIAR, the orange tops, the songs, the minty moonbeams, the 13million pound signing, the purchasing of players to weaken the opposition, the EBTs, the wealth off the radar, the threats to Neil Lennon, the lawyer and the labour bint for wearing a Celtic top (if this was a reason to threaten anyone this place would be more hazardous than Syria), the who are these people, the succulent lamb, the Manchester riot do I need to go on ?

The chance to leave that all behind was ignored even though liquidation means your dead your now doing a Jesus , your lucky Christopher Hitchens isin't around to give you a thorough verbal doing.

Very good question which i don't know the answer to, maybe someone else here knows. And you have put forward a very good idea as to how to get rid of the corrupt b*****d from Scottish football.

None of us do which is the problem with those in power, any change has to be forced by the fans.

What the hatred and the venom that we are supposed to be showing against the tribute act.

To me we are being consistent we didn't hold with your financial mismanagement, the NIAR, the orange tops, the songs, the minty moonbeams, the 13million pound signing, the purchasing of players to weaken the opposition, the EBTs, the wealth off the radar, the threats to Neil Lennon, the lawyer and the labour bint for wearing a Celtic top (if this was a reason to threaten anyone this place would be more hazardous than Syria), the who are these people, the succulent lamb, the Manchester riot do I need to go on ?

The chance to leave that all behind was ignored even though liquidation means your dead your now doing a Jesus , your lucky Christopher Hitchens isin't around to give you a thorough verbal doing.

I never you accused you or your teams fans of anything like that. Go back and read the previous posts.

I'm fairly confident that Mr C Green will soon be revealed to be oxters deep in the Minty / Craigie jiggery-pokery.

Allegedly.p

I'm more than fairly confident that more clubs than Hearts and Dunfermline will soon be revealed to be neck-deep in the financial shitter.

And Doncaster was singing 'everything's coming up roses' only last week laugh.gif

At the end of the day Finnes, Scotland is worse than where we were in footballing terms with sectarianism with Cevco now in place - we have the Cevco Loyal determined to get things like the Billy Boys song reinstated. If you look on their openly sectarian abuse-bound sites, you'll see that Cevco's Game against ICT is now against "the ICT scum". A term formerly reserved for their other arse cheek.

We are actually moving backwards.

Edited by Claymores

So are we being told by Rangers fans they could do nothing about the sale of the club to Whyte despite knowing about his dodgy past.

The same supporters who brown nosed Whyte, held a protest outside of the BBC after the documentary, the same supporters who lapped it all up when he banned certain "anti rangers" media at Ibrox.

The same supporters who had numerous meetings with Craig Whyte (he visited every supporters group)

Ok then. They couldn't do anything about Whyte taking over

Amazing how they managed to scared off Bill Miller from buying the club, I believe the expression was "truck off"

So are we being told by Rangers fans they could do nothing about the sale of the club to Whyte despite knowing about his dodgy past.

The same supporters who brown nosed Whyte, held a protest outside of the BBC after the documentary, the same supporters who lapped it all up when he banned certain "anti rangers" media at Ibrox.

The same supporters who had numerous meetings with Craig Whyte (he visited every supporters group)

Ok then. They couldn't do anything about Whyte taking over

Amazing how they managed to scared off Bill Miller from buying the club, I believe the expression was "truck off"

2 words Enrico - CORPORATE GOVERNANCE

RANGERS set up an "Independent Board Committee" to handle the sale of the club.

Murray was not on the committee. Its members were chief operations officer Martin Bain, chairman Alastair Johnston, finance director Donald McIntyre and non-executive directors John McClelland and John Greig.

Why is Sir Craig the only one getting jip by Cevconians?

Can we please have a comment from Rangers legend and Board Member/Director John Greig as to what he did bar resign? He was active on this Committee so he had a duty as non-exec to act or at least speak-out and make it a sacking issue if he was unwilling to condone Sir Craigie's appointment

Edited by Claymores

I'm more than fairly confident that more clubs than Hearts and Dunfermline will soon be revealed to be neck-deep in the financial shitter.

And Doncaster was singing 'everything's coming up roses' only last week laugh.gif

sevaral diddy clubs 'neck deep' = still breathing and should all pull through by adjusting their circumstances

just the one club was buried totally by financial shite = died summer of 2012.

Edited by Ken Fitlike