Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You do realise ten million is an eight figure number don't you???

ETA - apologies if its been mentioned, I can hardly keep up.

Aye, so it is - no wonder I'm always fucking skint with maths skills like that.rolleyes.gif

ETA: strange none of the Orcs noticed.......

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

He doesn't need to. Prosecution of the purveyor and recipients of stolen information is a quite different matter to Murray's business history.

I would have thought that would be evident even to you.

Who cares?

What happens to RTC from this point on is irrelevant and affects only him / her / it.

HMRC didn't want to liquidate Rangers over the EBT case. they wanted to do it so BDO can have a closer look at the books. I think they believe Rangers had been doing some very dodgy stuff over the years.

Do you only think this or have you got documented proof of this,or are you just quoting supposition from various people that are now very hard to find. Also have you got a time factor about this so called "dodgy stuff over the years"and can you inform us all as to the nature of this "dodgy stuff".

Do you only think this or have you got documented proof of this,or are you just quoting supposition from various people that are now very hard to find. Also have you got a time factor about this so called "dodgy stuff over the years"and can you inform us all as to the nature of this "dodgy stuff".

You mean this documented proof on HMRC's website?

HMRC statement on Rangers

I would have thought his use of the phrase "I think" would suggest that's what he thinks. HMRC did state that after the CVA was rejected that BDO would be looking into rangers' affairs with, in my mind, a view to finding out if any irregularities, or "dodgy stuff" had occurred. It'll be BDO that lets people know what they find.

Fucksake, Youngsy, this is your club we're talking about here. With the evidence in the FTTT verdict, do YOU think they've been squeaky clean? There must be SOME reason a club that size died, wouldn't you think?

The bloggers are an irrelevance. Who cares what happens to them.

But, in what way is Murray going to go after HMRC?

I sincerely hope he does! :lol:

Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs will be shaking in their boots at the thought of that actually happening (in the deluded minds of ra peepol)! dry.gifsmile.gif

I know it's been anonymised, but I would have said a published document, much like the one which has been hailed as a massive victory by fans of rangers, would qualify as "out in the open". Mr Red - that's yer man.

Maybe read the document a wee bit, instead of rejoicing at the return of Jabba the Oracle to the Retard. Or maybe, I dunno, look around and see if anyone more credible has published anything on it since release on Tuesday.

One thing i'm not doing is rejoicing about "Jabba the Oracle" whom i presume is James Traynor,correct me if i'm wrong on that but living outside Scotland for so many years i may not be fully up on such nicknames. As i've stated i would hope to see various individuals in open court and as far as i'm concerned if there has been any leaking of confidentiality by HMRC then that's a starting point.

I would have thought his use of the phrase "I think" would suggest that's what he thinks. HMRC did state that after the CVA was rejected that BDO would be looking into rangers' affairs with, in my mind, a view to finding out if any irregularities, or "dodgy stuff" had occurred. It'll be BDO that lets people know what they find.

Fucksake, Youngsy, this is your club we're talking about here. With the evidence in the FTTT verdict, do YOU think they've been squeaky clean? There must be SOME reason a club that size died, wouldn't you think?

No i don't think we've been squeaky clean but i would like to know what time factor is being sought out here as Enrico put nothing up in that sense. Also the HMRC statement put up by Captain Sensible is not documemted proof.

One thing i'm not doing is rejoicing about "Jabba the Oracle" whom i presume is James Traynor,correct me if i'm wrong on that but living outside Scotland for so many years i may not be fully up on such nicknames. As i've stated i would hope to see various individuals in open court and as far as i'm concerned if there has been any leaking of confidentiality by HMRC then that's a starting point.

Talking as normal humans here, Youngsy, and bearing in mind that I'm outside of the WoS bubble as well, let's take a step back here and look at the bigger picture, as it were.

If (and the only place I've seen it mentioned is here) there was any breach of confidentiality from inside HMRC, then that is a serious matter. My employer has a strict confidentiality policy on many matters, and they would prosecute me as well as sack me for any breach.

Having said that, I'm struggling to see the relevance - if anything, the aggrieved party would be HMRC, not rangers. The club may have got an early heads-up on what documents could be helpfully "mislaid" for example. Not that I would suggest there was anything incriminating in them, you understand*.

The verdict document has been pretty kind to rangers, imho - to the extent that the club's fans are claiming a "victory". Looks like a pretty Pyrrhic one to me, as the club is still dead and the document clearly details that side-letters were used - legal or not, if they weren't declared to the SFA/SPL then new rangers are bang to rights on the only thing they can still cling on to from the original club. And didn't Charlie agree to accept all punishments that may be handed down?

Sure, there have been a lot of half-truths and lies told over the course of this saga - on both sides - but the whole "right, let's sue the b*****ds" rhetoric from some of your more differently-educated fellow bears is such a stereotypical "peepul" reaction that the likes of you and Kincardine must be embarrassed to be associated with them. Your new club needs friends in the game if they are to survive and thrive, but some of these guys seem hell-bent on perpetuating the old typecasting.

ETA: Yes, Traynor is Jabba. Never seen them in the same room, have you?wink.gif

No i don't think we've been squeaky clean but i would like to know what time factor is being sought out here as Enrico put nothing up in that sense. Also the HMRC statement put up by Captain Sensible is not documemted proof.

I'm given to understand from folk I know at HMRC that there is no limit, but that in major cases (and they reckon this qualifies) anything up to a maximum of twenty years is not unusual - mainly as anyone involved before this would be too old/feeble/dead to prosecute.

One thing i'm not doing is rejoicing about "Jabba the Oracle" whom i presume is James Traynor,correct me if i'm wrong on that but living outside Scotland for so many years i may not be fully up on such nicknames.

As i've stated i would hope to see various individuals in open court and as far as i'm concerned if there has been any leaking of confidentiality by HMRC then that's a starting point.

I honestly doubt that Rangers fans witch-hunting of Her Majesty's very powerful servants 'Revenue & Customs' would be beneficial to any future of The Rangers or any of its fans as individuals as well as a group. Be careful with what you hope for Youngsy i have to say. smile.gif

I honestly doubt that Rangers fans witch-hunting of Her Majesty's very powerful servants 'Revenue & Customs' would be beneficial to any future of The Rangers or any of its fans as individuals as well as a group. Be careful with what you hope for Youngsy i have to say. smile.gif

It's more likely that HMRC would be investigating how confidential material was leaked (if indeed it was) rather than Rangers fans forcing HMRC to admit that this happened.

Who investigates Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs? blink.gif

I find it very difficult to believe that any confidential information concerning 'Rangers FC (R.I.P.)' entered the public domain without the knowledge of those at the very top within HMRC. Do The Rangers fans seriously think that their witch-hunting of such powerful people will benefit The Rangers or individual fans of The Rangers? I doubt that any of The Rangers fans who are self-employed or working in high profile jobs will be as keen to see such a happening as The Rangers fans posting on this forum. smile.gif

Who investigates Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs? blink.gif

I find it very difficult to believe that any confidential information concerning 'Rangers FC (R.I.P.)' entered the public domain without the knowledge of those at the very top within HMRC. Do The Rangers fans seriously think that their witch-hunting of such powerful people will benefit The Rangers or individual fans of The Rangers? I doubt that any of The Rangers fans who are self-employed or working in high profile jobs will be as keen to see such a happening as The Rangers fans posting on this forum. smile.gif

I must have missed the question "Which football team do you support?" when i was filling in my tax return.