Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Meanwhile, in the very real world.

Rangers (SLF Div.3) once again attract more through the gates than whole of the SPL card combined.

laugh.gif

Doncaster said: "Isn't it fucking great?"

This season is verging on the second lowest average attendance Rangers have had the last 10 years though. You're losing fans

Edited by The Troll

bookmarked.you do realise you are not out the woods yet eh

Bookmark all you like but take in that the continuation has been recognised whether you or anyone else agrees or disagrees. As i said the next trophy won by the club will go down in the annals of Scottish football as the 225th in the history of the club from 1872 ongoing.

Guest Kincardine

This season is verging on the second lowest average attendance Rangers have had the last 10 years though. You're losing fans

Thanks and it's good to see sense from a reasonable poster. You should just show them how bad our attendance has been this season and simply display the average each season just to make your point.

Whilst we will always celebrate our glorious history - the latest chapter is turning into a very fine addition to this richest of traditions. And that's the beauty of it all as our club continues to add lustre at every step.

As I'm sure you know - the wonderful turnout at Ibrox is simultaneously casting the land of milk and honey SPL in the very poorest of lights.

smile.gif

It's not.

Rangers have always had a bigger support, for various reasons, than most other clubs in Scottish football.

The "add lustre" point is one I've addressed in other posts. You're still feeling the need to shout it loud day in day out.

We can do both. Today's attendance at Ibrox was magnificent and we can applaud both our history and the ongoing-support of our fans.

Oh and PLEASE let's not have another 'newco' comment from the terminally brain-dead.

That's fine, but in comparison it seems to me to be looking for something, anything to cling on to to pursue the illusion (some might say delusion) of grandeur.

It's not much to say in effect that, "Attendances are much the same as they've always been".

Thanks and it's good to see sense from a reasonable poster. You should just show them how bad our attendance has been this season and simply display the average each season just to make your point.

Last 10 years, from highest to lowest...

1. 49,995 - 2006/ 2007
  2. 49,534 - 2008/ 2009
  3. 49,245 - 2005/ 2006
  4. 49,143 - 2007/ 2008
  5. 48,992 - 2003/ 2004
  6. 48,814 - 2002/ 2003
  7. 48,676 - 2004/ 2005
  8. 47,564 - 2009/ 2010
  9. 47,162 - 2012/2013
  10. 46,324 - 2011/ 2012
  11. 45,305 - 2010/2011

So the last four years have seen the worst Rangers support in a decade. And you don't actually come across a lower average until 1995/1996 (44,579), when Ibrox was smaller. So your support is dwindling steadily

Guest Kincardine

Last 10 years, from highest to lowest...

1. 49,995 - 2006/ 2007
  2. 49,534 - 2008/ 2009
  3. 49,245 - 2005/ 2006
  4. 49,143 - 2007/ 2008
  5. 48,992 - 2003/ 2004
  6. 48,814 - 2002/ 2003
  7. 48,676 - 2004/ 2005
  8. 47,564 - 2009/ 2010
  9. 47,162 - 2012/2013
  10. 46,324 - 2011/ 2012
  11. 45,305 - 2010/2011

So the last four years have seen the worst Rangers support in a decade. And you don't actually come across a lower average until 1995/1996 (44,579), when Ibrox was smaller. So your support is dwindling steadily

Thanks for that. Now complete the job and tell the doubters where you got the numbers from.

Highest average attendance in 3 years against SFL3 opposition when the predictions were 10k, outstanding achievement, thanks for confirming.

After what 8 home games?

I'd be more worried by this sudden drop in attendances. In 4 years you've lost over 2,000 fans. And if I worked out percentages instead of numbers it would be even worse reading for Rangers fans considering Ibrox used to be smaller. Even worse would be if I added in Cup games...

Oddly enough Celtic fans have actually lost 9,000 fans in 4 years, but that's not including European and Cup games

Guest Kincardine

Thanks for that. Now complete the job and tell the doubters where you got the numbers from.

A Rangers stats site

Right. I think that means that you don't actually know. Don't worry, you're in the majority. Most folk here just want to post about Rangers and also know jack shit.

Edited by Kincardine

Not worried about it at all, given the financial situation then I am surprised it has held up this well, we easily utilise our stadium better than any other club in Scotland and as I pointed out earlier the P & B prediction was 10k not 47k.

Last time you went through a "tough spell" I'd say was 1978/1979 to 1985/1986 when you only finished above 3rd once. In that spell your attendances dropped by 6,000 in 4 years, and didn't recover until you won the league. Something similar will happen here I reckon

Whats not to celebrate

6 Months ago we were staring down the barrel wondering if we would still have a football club to support with the majority of P & Bers talking about crowds of 10K and admin 2 by Christmas, most of these same P & Bers then said that the big crowds would quickly dwindle as the novelty of SFL3 wore off.

Now half the season gone we see the same dedicated and loyal fans turning out week after week in huge numbers, a successful IPO, a victory against HMRC with an non existent appeal and the clubs that these P & Bers left with giving away huge amounts of free tickets which is failing to hide their ever dwindling crowds.

Sorry but GIRUY the future is looking good for us.

Bragging about attendance figures day in day out (with brief respites) by Bendarroch, carry no weight. For example your measuring stick, Celtic, are in the last 16 of the Champions league. You would much rather be there than have a lot of people watching a game versus Clyde.

It could have been you if you had just played fair.

"GIRUY" to me? FFS, my team has just been beaten at home by Ross county.

the clubs that these P & Bers left with giving away huge amounts of free tickets which is failing to hide their ever dwindling crowds.

Sorry but GIRUY

Hey Tedi. My club rides high in a division above yours, having dropped only seven points and reached the Ramsden's Cup Final.

Why the GIRUY?

Thanks I like predictions, gives me something else to laugh at come the end of the season, I find it rather odd and worrying that a saints fan knows and tries to use 30 years old stats about a club he does not even support, just goes to show how nothing of interest ever happens to your own club.

I could easily be wrong. Fair enough Rangers fans are turning up in bigger numbers than I expected, and if they continue this for the next 5 years they deserve praise, I just think it'll fade away eventually.

And Its fairly easy to find stats when you can use the internet properly. It took me 5 minutes unsure.gif But we just dominated our rivals away from home to help our push for a second consecutive European spot, just so you know

Thanks I like predictions, gives me something else to laugh at come the end of the season, I find it rather odd and worrying that a saints fan knows and tries to use 30 years old stats about a club he does not even support, just goes to show how nothing of interest ever happens to your own club.

Anyone who reads or used to read tabloid newspapers in Scotland are likely to know more about Rangers and Celtic than their own club.

Stats, these days, are a button click away.

The GIRUY was aimed at the whole of P & B and anyone who predcited 10k crowds and admin 2 by xmas, if you did neither then simply ignore it.

I don't care about Celtic, you are totally mistaken, I do care that I still have a Football club to support and that is my main cause for celebration the high attendances give me belief that we are indeed on the road back up, it has nothing to do with bragging.

I didn't say that you care about Celtic. But you'd much rather be in their position, that's quite undeniable. You either want success or you don't. Being a Rangers fan, you've been used to success, and having big crowds have been a very small footnote of those successes.

Fair enough about the 5 min, still cant say I have the slightest inclination to spend 5 Min's looking at Saints stats or a league table to see if you will qualify for Europe, sorry but I just don't care.

Yes that's because there's not a discussion about Saints attendances on a Saints Admin Thread. And we're currently embroiled in a 6 way tussle for fourth, only 3 points seperates all 6 teams with 2nd and 3rd only 7 points ahead with any team (outwith Dundee) being able to beat anyone else.

For what it's worth I didn't even know the lower leagues were playing today