Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Thanks I like predictions, gives me something else to laugh at come the end of the season, I find it rather odd and worrying that a saints fan knows and tries to use 30 years old stats about a club he does not even support, just goes to show how nothing of interest ever happens to your own club.

I could easily be wrong. Fair enough Rangers fans are turning up in bigger numbers than I expected, and if they continue this for the next 5 years they deserve praise, I just think it'll fade away eventually.

And Its fairly easy to find stats when you can use the internet properly. It took me 5 minutes unsure.gif But we just dominated our rivals away from home to help our push for a second consecutive European spot, just so you know

Thanks I like predictions, gives me something else to laugh at come the end of the season, I find it rather odd and worrying that a saints fan knows and tries to use 30 years old stats about a club he does not even support, just goes to show how nothing of interest ever happens to your own club.

Anyone who reads or used to read tabloid newspapers in Scotland are likely to know more about Rangers and Celtic than their own club.

Stats, these days, are a button click away.

The GIRUY was aimed at the whole of P & B and anyone who predcited 10k crowds and admin 2 by xmas, if you did neither then simply ignore it.

I don't care about Celtic, you are totally mistaken, I do care that I still have a Football club to support and that is my main cause for celebration the high attendances give me belief that we are indeed on the road back up, it has nothing to do with bragging.

I didn't say that you care about Celtic. But you'd much rather be in their position, that's quite undeniable. You either want success or you don't. Being a Rangers fan, you've been used to success, and having big crowds have been a very small footnote of those successes.

Fair enough about the 5 min, still cant say I have the slightest inclination to spend 5 Min's looking at Saints stats or a league table to see if you will qualify for Europe, sorry but I just don't care.

Yes that's because there's not a discussion about Saints attendances on a Saints Admin Thread. And we're currently embroiled in a 6 way tussle for fourth, only 3 points seperates all 6 teams with 2nd and 3rd only 7 points ahead with any team (outwith Dundee) being able to beat anyone else.

For what it's worth I didn't even know the lower leagues were playing today

Yes that's because there's not a discussion about Saints attendances on a Saints Admin Thread.

That's because no one cares. Not even St Johnstone supporters care.

Who could forget this gem from your own club?

Official PerthSaints@St_Johnstone_FCWe just hit 3000 followers, now if all of you came along to a game this season it would be brilliant!!

Ooft!

laugh.gif

Every team should have ambition, but if i was really interested in success then I would rather be in Man Utd`s position, as it is I am not, you are mistaken, I am perfectly content that I have a football club to support.

But you can't aspire to be in Man utd's position for various reasons, not withstanding the geographical location and the current setup.

You can aspire to be at the top of Scottish football. Where Celtic are right now and will likely remain for some time.

If you are quite happy just to have a football team to support, most of us have to make do with that, why all the grandstanding?

Guest Kincardine

Celtic, are in the last 16 of the Champions league. You would much rather be there than have a lot of people watching a game versus Clyde.

Moot point, especially on a mixed forum like this where the mantra is 'support your team through thick and thin".

That almost 48,000 people went to see Rangers and Clyde today is an unalloyed good thing and should not be disparaged.

Would I like us to be in the last 16 of the CL? Sure. Would I like us to be selling our league tickets on Groupon and giving "Bring yer wee dug for free" offers? Would I f**k.

That's because no one cares. Not even St Johnstone supporters care.

Who could forget this gem from your own club?

Official PerthSaints@St_Johnstone_FCWe just hit 3000 followers, now if all of you came along to a game this season it would be brilliant!!

Ooft!

laugh.gif

You clearly care enough to find that. Well done on disproving your own point

Moot point, especially on a mixed forum like this where the mantra is 'support your team through thick and thin".

That almost 48,000 people went to see Rangers and Clyde today is an unalloyed good thing and should not be disparaged.

Would I like us to be in the last 16 of the CL? Sure. Would I like us to be selling our league tickets on Groupon and giving "Bring yer wee dug for free" offers? Would I f**k.

I never said it was a bad thing. I said it's not quite the same as the successes I have given examples of, and have been previously enjoyed by Rangers. I don't see the comparison as being a moot point. It's the same kind of successes which are trumpeted by fans of any club who have them.

The main point is that Bendarroch banging on about them in a smug, triumphalist manner is quite ironic and a tad silly.

Most clubs have had initiatives to increase ticket sales these days. How they do it, for me, is up to them and if it works then that is fair enough as it is all about getting revenue in.

The biggest companies in the world have sales, promotions and offers.

Edited by Shades75

To all those who predicted admin2 by xmas and 10k crowds.

Yes, but you said : "The GIRUY was aimed at the whole of P & B and anyone who predcited 10k crowds and admin 2 by xmas"

Fair to assume therefore, that you were including all of us who post on here - not just those who made inaccurate crowd predictions.

All in all, a pretty misplaced GIRUY.

at the risk of repeating myself over and over again

6 Months ago P & B were predicting 10k crowds and admin2 by xmas, this did not happen, I still have my well supported club, this is why I granstand and it is perfectly sufficient for me, I will leave you to boast about Celtic`s achievements, you seem rather proud of them.

You're quite happy to repeat yourself when it suits you, but we'll maybe just let that lie :-)

I've never "boasted" about Celtic's achievements. I've used them as they are, quite obviously, the closest comparison in the context that I use, to Rangers. If I had compared Rangers to Hibs for example it would surely have been a source of hilarity for you!?

A no win situation for me then.

Don't fall into the mindset of, "if you're no wan o us, u must be wan o them".

I'm a Hibby, Tedi.

Last 10 years, from highest to lowest...

1. 49,995 - 2006/ 2007
  2. 49,534 - 2008/ 2009
  3. 49,245 - 2005/ 2006
  4. 49,143 - 2007/ 2008
  5. 48,992 - 2003/ 2004
  6. 48,814 - 2002/ 2003
  7. 48,676 - 2004/ 2005
  8. 47,564 - 2009/ 2010
  9. 47,162 - 2012/2013
  10. 46,324 - 2011/ 2012
  11. 45,305 - 2010/2011

So the last four years have seen the worst Rangers support in a decade. And you don't actually come across a lower average until 1995/1996 (44,579), when Ibrox was smaller. So your support is dwindling steadily

Explain how the support can be dwindling, as you put i,t when it's increased last season and this season from season 2010/11,firstly by an average over 1000 and then this season by a further average of 757,making an overall average increase from 45,305 season 2010/11 to 47,162 season 2012/13 so far,an increase of 1757 since 2010/11 season.

Guest Kincardine

[quote name='Monkey Tennis' timestamp='1356561293' post='6922484'

Fair to assume therefore, that you were including all of us who post on here - not just those who made inaccurate crowd predictions.

Nah that's going way too far. I think he just meant you and Shades - seeing as you can both stand up for yourselves and give a reasoned argument ;)

Guest Kincardine

Explain how the support can be dwindling, as you put i,t when it's increased last season and this season from season 2010/11,firstly by an average over 1000 and then this season by a further average of 757,making an overall average increase from 45,305 season 2010/11 to 47,162 season 2012/13 so far,an increase of 1757 since 2010/11 season.

The guy read shite on a ***** forum and then posted the same crap on here. Please do not ask him for analysis. None will be forthcoming.

We can do both. Today's attendance at Ibrox was magnificent and we can applaud both our history and the ongoing-support of our fans.

Oh and PLEASE let's not have another 'newco'Sevco comment from the terminally brain-dead.

:rolleyes:

Right. I think that means that you don't actually know. Don't worry, you're in the majority. Most folk here just want to post about Rangers Sevco and also know jack shit.

That almost 48,000 people went to see Rangers Sevco and Clyde today is an unalloyed good thing and should not be disparaged.

at the risk of repeating myself over and over again

6 Months ago P & B were predicting 10k crowds and admin2 by xmas, this did not happen, I still have my well supported club, this is why I granstand and it is perfectly sufficient for me, I will leave you to boast about Celtic`s achievements, you seem rather proud of them.

I also recall your communications manager & a lot of your fellow sevconians predicting 'armageddon', meltdown, 5 clubs going bust by xmas, and celtic to have the league wrapped up by xmas.

Scottish football needs a strong rangers they all told us. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deluded morons & a joke of a club. :lol: