Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ibrox just isn't big enough to hold this size of support and as the club rises back to the top it might end up that there will be no room for any visiting supporters. But as the rules go the club must have seats available for visiting fans, so there might be maybe only two or three seats available just so this rule isn't broken.

And yet they had the 2nd smallest stadium in Glasgow for a senior football club :1eye

Ibrox just isn't big enough to hold this size of support and as the club rises back to the top it might end up that there will be no room for any visiting supporters. But as the rules go the club must have seats available for visiting fans, so there might be maybe only two or three seats available just so this rule isn't broken.

That's a fair point.

but then all those extra fans will all be glory hunters won't they.

and I am sure you still can get a few more fans yet before you need to worry about expansion.

Do any of the the Rangers fans have the sense to put a disclaimer in the lyrics of their songs? You know, just to deflect from the actual message of your little ditties?

I'm not sure I'd want any deflection from the actual message of either Minchin's song or the snappier, more succinct fitba variants.

And, although I love the idea of pre-emptive lyrical disclaimers from fitba supporters, I can't see it working in any practical sense.

How best to explain the hissing to Spurs supporters? The toy aeroplanes to Man Utd supporters? The FTQ to Rangers supporters and FTP to plastics? How would Abhergreen supporters explain away their 'celebration' of the Ibrox disaster?

The lyrics of the song explain the singer's reasoning behind his view of the pope. They also make a point of explaining that his view is not taken from a standpoint of hatred or bigotry towards the religion but for the subject's actions in one particular area of his life and duties. Do any of the the Rangers fans have the sense to put a disclaimer in the lyrics of their songs? You know, just to deflect from the actual message of your little ditties?

If there are people who genuinely can't see the distinction between Tim Minchin's satirical attack and what those cretins were doing at Berwick, then it says things about them that come as no surprise.

I think we can safely assume that Minchin would rather not be held up as a champion of the tiny minded.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

If there are people who genuinely can't see the distinction between Tim Minchin's satirical attack and what those cretins were doing at Berwick, then it says things about them that come as no surprise.

I think we can safely assume that Minchin would rather not be held up as a champion of the tiny minded.

I'm just struggling with the idea that any of the Horde are "more succinct" than Tim Minchin. And in what way is "The Billy Boys" about football?

Well done, Bendarroch, you had the closest attempt in your P&B career at making a valid point, then you shot yourself in the foot. Well done indeed.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm just struggling with the idea that any of the Horde are "more succinct" than Tim Minchin. And in what way is "The Billy Boys" about football?

Well done, Bendarroch, you had the closest attempt in your P&B career at making a valid point, then you shot yourself in the foot. Well done indeed.

Hi Norris, still a miserable c**t I see.

I'm not sure I'd want any deflection from the actual message of either Minchin's song or the snappier, more succinct fitba variants.

And, although I love the idea of pre-emptive lyrical disclaimers from fitba supporters, I can't see it working in any practical sense.

How best to explain the hissing to Spurs supporters? The toy aeroplanes to Man Utd supporters? The FTQ to Rangers supporters and FTP to plastics? How would Abhergreen supporters explain away their 'celebration' of the Ibrox disaster?

Rangers fans are fucking loonies. How you can justify all that kind of pish in the context of a football stadium is beyond me. Politics and religion have absolutely f**k all to do with football. What are you all about?

Rangers fans are fucking loonies. How you can justify all that kind of pish in the context of a football stadium is beyond me. Politics and religion have absolutely f**k all to do with football. What are you all about?

Where as a good number of clubs in this country are largely about community its still political by definition, rivalry between clubs is a part of politics within football. International football is entirely political by being defined by that countries borders and the nationality of players and supporters. Religion defines differences between groups of people which also creates rivalry between clubs not just between Celtic or Rangers but football teams all over the world. Italian football for example is more politically charged within than in Scotland, so are a good number of other countries. Nothing wrong with having either involved in football as its a part of peoples lives everyday around the world, the problem comes when differences become an excuse for violence and creating fear and intolerence. Probably better if this subject had its own thread.

Clearly, WKR, you didn't get the point.

:lol:

Nothing wrong with having either involved in football as its a part of peoples lives everyday around the world, the problem comes when differences become an excuse for violence and creating fear and intolerence. Probably better if this subject had its own thread.

I'd accept your overall premise but I'd dispute whether religion plays a part in most the OF fans' daily lives. Most haven't seen the inside of a church since they were old enough to tell their mum's to feck off on a Sunday morning.

Where as a good number of clubs in this country are largely about community its still political by definition, rivalry between clubs is a part of politics within football. International football is entirely political by being defined by that countries borders and the nationality of players and supporters. Religion defines differences between groups of people which also creates rivalry between clubs not just between Celtic or Rangers but football teams all over the world. Italian football for example is more politically charged within than in Scotland, so are a good number of other countries. Nothing wrong with having either involved in football as its a part of peoples lives everyday around the world, the problem comes when differences become an excuse for violence and creating fear and intolerence. Probably better if this subject had its own thread.

This subject's got it's own fecking forum. :whistle

Waiton has you and yours nailed - Snobs Law.

Clearly, Minchin saying "f**k the motherfucking Pope" is much more palatable to you than the simpler "f**k the Pope".

I don't know about any of those other teams, nor your own for that matter. All of those examples smack of bigotry to me wheras Minchin's song is quite clearly an attack of a person for the reason of protecting paedophiles. I'd also imagine that Minchin's audience are age restricted to protect juveniles from the language.

Clearly, WKR, you didn't get the point.

:lol:

Clearly I did, and acknowledged as much. You then went straight into whataboutery overdrive, complete with your normal bigoted references to opposition fans. Stereotype reinforced yet again.

So explain the connection that TBB has with football?

I realise that Paper Roses isn't a celebration of the '65 Title, but it doesn't exactly celebrate violence and bigotry, now, does it?

I'd accept your overall premise but I'd dispute whether religion plays a part in most the OF fans' daily lives. Most haven't seen the inside of a church since they were old enough to tell their mum's to feck off on a Sunday morning.

It's not really about religeon, rather imperialism.

When is the inquiry announcement due?

Are the new club still solvent?