Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

similar, i always wanted a draw between the pair of them, at least less wives would be getting beaten, when it was a draw.

I always hoped a stray comet would land on what ever park they were playing, wiping out all within 500 yards of the ground and irradicating all trace, especially if the game was live on the telly......... was always left disappointed

We wern't at RP in 1869. The Grange, yes, but not that particular ground. The name comes from our original club playing a rugby-style game, but the club realised that fixtures would be easier to get if we played proper football. A definition only loosely attached to us in the mid-80's as well.

Yes, we played both codes* from 1869 depending on what opposition was available We switched permanently to football in 73 on joining the SFA afaik.

*or a completely different hybrid game of our own which we sometimes revert to even now.

Yes, we played both codes* from 1869 depending on what opposition was available We switched permanently to football in 73 on joining the SFA afaik.(1)

*or a completely different hybrid game of our own which we sometimes revert to even now.(2)

1. That's how I've always understood it - basically, we'd accommodate the opposition in order to get a game on.

2. Now that's what I'm talking about!

Yes, we played both codes* from 1869 depending on what opposition was available  We switched permanently to football in 73 on joining the SFA afaik.

*or a completely different hybrid game of our own which we sometimes revert to even now.

*The same game, the term football comes from the fact that the game was played on foot, as opposed to horseback, using a ball. The rules or the codes may differ but the basis is the same for all football games, get the ball from one end of a playing area to the other.

Not like you to completely miss tthe point.

The sole reason this sub forum was created was to keep boring trolls out of actual football discussions. This sub forum wss set up at the request of ALL SFL3 supporters. last season and so far has been a great success in keeping people like you..HBQC...AD...LIPS etc out of actual football threads. HTH.

Keep on trolling troll

Quote:

"Rangers in League 1

It goes without saying that Rangers being in the lower reaches of the SPFL is big news, and with a large volume of posts and topics about the club it makes sense to have these in a dedicated section for as long as the club is outwith the premiership.

Please keep your Rangers related topics in here. We will move this section around as and when the club moves between the SFL divisions."

More revisionist, egocentric bollocks from Hyde 8. No mention of requests from any diddy supporters - even of your new team - that I can see. Is there a vacancy coming up in the Amigos, perhaps, my fantasising little "loyalist"?

*The same game, the term football comes from the fact that the game was played on foot, as opposed to horseback, using a ball. The rules or the codes may differ but the basis is the same for all football games, get the ball from one end of a playing area to the other.

So you're saying late-JJ era Killie were the exception that proves the rule?

Erm the correct name is Rugby Football' did you mean when did they start playing association football? Same game different codes.

Are you sure? Killie's wiki says it was a game like rugby:

"Originally they played a game more similar to rugby and these origins are reflected to this day by the name of the club's home ground – Rugby Park."

Didn't know that! :thumsup2

I never read this either...can you or somebody else link to it. FWIW i think you probably are a Killie fan but has a leaning towards celtic. Lets be honest there are many who follow a club but have a preference in the big glasgow derby...that doesnt make them Rangers or celtic supporters.

Personally, I had equal dislike for both sides. I would generally, if watching, be looking for the neanderthal element to spill over onto the pitch in the form of late tackles etc. If you could have both lost it would have been magic.

Edited by Jim Leighton

Are you sure? Killie's wiki says it was a game like rugby:

"Originally they played a game more similar to rugby and these origins are reflected to this day by the name of the club's home ground – Rugby Park."

Regardless of the rules used, they've always been a football club.

I've never met a Dons fan who has indicated a preference for either. I started a thread titled 'Which of the ugly sisters do you hate more and why', or something like that, as this kept coming up and I thought we might get some insight. Very few wanted to play. I locked it and started one called 'Our 2x best supported clubs and why they irritate us', it's in the 'Scottish football- fans' views' forum, where I believe this thread should also be.

Why did you think there were so many sports known as football?

Aussie rules; NFL; Soccer; Rugby and many more.

Why did you think there were so many sports known as football?

Aussie rules; NFL; Soccer; Rugby and many more.

It was the reference to the game being played on foot I wasn't aware of. I had always assumed it was by foot....if that makes any sense.

It was the reference to the game being played on foot I wasn't aware of. I had always assumed it was by foot....if that makes any sense.

The reason I asked was because 'soccer' is the only version of football played almost exclusively with the use of feet. All the others are played almost exclusively with the use of the hands.

Edited by stonedsailor

Heard around 14 staff are being sacked and even Templeton is being hawked around now. Got to feel sorry for the staff who will be taking home much needed money but the honourable Mr McCoist takes home his 2k a day wages for barely being able to beat teams of mechanics joiners and binmen.

Admin 2 looking real and what are the chances of these new 8 "trialists" not having their contracts taken up. How fucking hilarious would that be.

Edited by Jack D and Coke

The reason I asked was because 'soccer' is the only version of football played almost exclusively with the use of feet. All the others are played almost exclusively with the use of the hands. Edited by stonedsailor

I've never met a Dons fan who has indicated a preference for either. I started a thread titled 'Which of the ugly sisters do you hate more and why', or something like that, as this kept coming up and I thought we might get some insight. Very few wanted to play. I locked it and started one called 'Our 2x best supported clubs and why they irritate us', it's in the 'Scottish football- fans' views' forum, where I believe this thread should also be.

In all honesty, AD, you've probably got a point. I was a rare-to-never poster in any football forum until this shitstorm hit *- I even let my details lapse at killiefc a couple of years ago, as I'm more about keeping up with news rather than making a contribution in normal circumstances.

What happened to rangers, and what continues to happen at ibrox, is anything but normal. At various times it has been embarrassing, disgraceful, shameful, hilarious, but never less than riveting. This thread has been the source of a vast outpouring of nonsense, debate, hilarity, bile, amusement, bigotry, revisionism and legal argument by some of society's least-qualified representatives. And yes, I include myself in that number.

Basically, the BRALT is now, whisper it, a "Scottish Football Institution". Like those other two, it doesn't consistently deal with football, but in this case, that is a good thing, IMHO.

ETA:* Except for the years on 606, as the BBC site was one of the few unblocked sites at work, and nights got proper boring. Note to Vicky - I was WhiteRoseKillie on there as well - get the connection?

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie