Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Wisbit - that's a terrible image.

I don't think it's inkeeping with the taunting of football fans.

Kevin Carter - the photographer who captured this image ended up taking his life only a few months after it had been published and he'd won a Pulitzer prize. There are varying accounts regarding what happened to the child with some saying the bird was chased away and others stating Carter left on a plane just minutes after it was taken.

The manic st preachers wrote a song about him.

Somewhat of a long shot I know, but what if Sevco were to go into administration in the very near future (i.e., before the end of the month.)

Would the players they signed over the summer be left in limbo as yet another registration ban kicks in?

Speaking of offensive posts, haven't heard from Captain Kirk since his racist outburst which has since been deleted.

Pleasing.

Not heard from Wunf for a while either, a poster on the GN forum reckons he may have received a temporary ban?

I wonder if Ahmed will go to court for this £3.4m to be 'ringfenced' in the same way Martin Bain did? If Ahmed does go down this route then I fear that they are gonners. Although some think they already are.

Kevin Carter - the photographer who captured this image ended up taking his life only a few months after it had been published and he'd won a Pulitzer prize. There are varying accounts regarding what happened to the child with some saying the bird was chased away and others stating Carter left on a plane just minutes after it was taken.

He cited money in his suicide note as the main reason.

The following quote on his wikipedia page offers a wider view of what we may be missing from the photo

'Two Spanish photographers who were in the same area at that time, José María Luis Arenzana and Luis Davilla, without knowing the photograph of Kevin Carter, took a picture in a similar situation. As recounted on several occasions, it was a feeding center, and the vultures came from a manure pit waste:'

"We took him and Pepe Arenzana to Ayod, where most of the time were in a feeding center where locals go. At one end of the enclosure, was a dump where waste and was pulling people to defecate. As these children are so weak and malnourished they are going ahead giving the impression that they are dead. As part of the fauna there are vultures that go for these remains. So if you grab a telephoto crush the child's perspective in the foreground and background and it seems that the vultures will eat it, but that's an absolute hoax, perhaps the animal is 20 meters."

As recounted on several occasions, it was a feeding center, and the vultures came from a manure pit waste:'

"We took him and Pepe Arenzana to Ayod, where most of the time were in a feeding center where locals go. At one end of the enclosure, was a dump where waste and was pulling people to defecate. As these children are so weak and malnourished they are going ahead giving the impression that they are dead. As part of the fauna there are vultures that go for these remains. So if you grab a telephoto crush the child's perspective in the foreground and background and it seems that the vultures will eat it, but that's an absolute hoax, perhaps the animal is 20 meters."

I sincerely hope that's all true and the picture isn't as appears.

The image would be appropriate in a charity appeal or as part of news coverage. it's just not on to use it as an instrument to tease football fans with.

I sincerely hope that's all true and the picture isn't as appears.

The image would be appropriate in a charity appeal or as part of news coverage. it's just not on to use it as an instrument to tease football fans with.

Maybe, then, the photo is fitting?

Is it a lesson in perspective?

Amazing how the human mind can conjure up emotion so strong from one image, no?

Interesting read and lets hope it's true. Still a horrible image all the same.

Back on topic.. So Ahmad is Going to sue sevco for 3.4 million and then pump it back in according Murdo?? :blink::lol:

The horror in the image is your mind's perspective, does that not change when you know that the image may actually contain a tale of hope? The child may well have made it according to that quote but you are still preferring the pessimistic outcome.

Ahmed already saying gimme £500k and I will leave you alone, what a snake.

Did I not read that he'd accept shares up to the value of his claim instead?

Nothing like a good old power struggle.

Speaking of offensive posts, haven't heard from Captain Kirk since his racist outburst which has since been deleted.

Pleasing.

I wouldn't deem the picture, or the posting of it, offensive. It may well be that it wasn't appropriate to the subject matter of the thread with only the most tenuous of connections, a vulture. It's a picture of something from the real world which most of us choose to ignore for fear of being constantly reminded of the unfairness of life. I've seen many more posts on here which, if I was of a mind to be, I would find far more offensive, like almost all of the religious pish that people are posting. Half of them probably haven't seen the inside of a church/chapel/synagogue/mosque in a very long time.

But I don't get offended. I may sometimes wonder about the person posting them but have far better things to be getting on with than being constantly offended by things I see on the internet or hear on tv and radio. Being offended is more of a slight on the character of the person offended than that of the offender.

Bunch of fucking kids who probably went running to mummy every time someone called them a name.

Not the polis, just offering an opinion.

In my view, the image of the child shouldn't be posted here in the context of taunting fans of a football team. You appear to disagree.

It's not unlike him given his rep for this sort of stuff and previous comments.

Not sure how he hasn't found himself banned yet.

Pleasing.

Not heard from Wunf for a while either, a poster on the GN forum reckons he may have received a temporary ban?

Was he (wunf) not voted the 5th or 6th biggest fud on P & B, now that was 'fitting'

6th IIRC. Always thought he was ok on here but he did expose some extreme views and was generally disliked on the GN forum.

AWRA only made no.3 :(

Be a man, admit you made an error of judgement in posting it by deleting the post. As many others have already said, that image has absolutely no place on this thread.

to be fair, there's a lot of stuff that has no place on this thread, if you take out all the religious pish posted by fans of the bigot brothers and this thread would be only half as big.

It's only a picture ffs

Let it go.

Be a man, admit you made an error of judgement in posting it by deleting the post. As many others have already said, that image has absolutely no place on this thread.

Why does the image offend you? Since gaining some background knowledge what I see is a child, who is going to get a much needed meal as his/her mother is just yards away at the feeding station.

The bird in the background may also survive through the waste generated by the feeding station.