Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

BWM It is your fans' desperation to hold on to the past which is allowing you to be ripped off so much. Shysters, spivs and con merchants are preying on your stubborness. Legally and morally Rangers died last year, like it or not, embrace that fact and you could rip the assets right out of the suits hands, ignore it and fight it then hell mend you.

I am being serious.

:D Maybe you could contact Tam via the BBC?

I think so. Though I can't claim to be an expert in these things. If it doesn't go ahead then I suspect that in itself would tell us a fair bit.

Accounts need to be available to shareholders by the 9th at the latest I think, although vague memories of being able to delay them by six months as a new club under AIM rules.

That may be the "out" the spivs require to continue the scam.

:D Maybe you could contact Tam via the BBC?

Why do your fans see they are being fleeced but now how far back the fleecing goes? Why do your fans not want to see that the company was the club? Why are you determined to fight the 'spivs' lining their pockets with your money but not want to use the greatest weapon you have in your arsenal against them?

Legally you are not the same club, you were conned into buying merchandise and tickets in a club which is not the club you thought it was. You could rip back every penny, you could have the branding and the fixtures and fittings back. But your misplaced sense of pride stops you.

Would you not prefer just to swallow that pride and stick it to the guys who have taken your cash?

Keep laughing at me but I've had 18 months laughing at you lot, your wee giggle fit just now will just extend the time I get to laugh at you.

The main culprit for the liquidation of the PLC was Whyte. It doesn't excuse Murray in any way whatsoever but it was under Whytes' tenure that the PLC was liquidated therefore he was the main culprit.

If I sold my beat up car to someone for a £1, knowing full well it was going to pack in at some point, would the new owner be the main culprit when it's engine blew on a busy road?

Are you? It's not only "NOW". Things have intensified in the lead-up to the AGM.

Aye, they've got a protest group, run by a banned fan, on Facebook. How intense do people expect, ffs?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It'll be a red card display next - there's no end to their dedication. :lol:

Aye, they've got a protest group, run by a banned fan, on Facebook. How intense do people expect, ffs?

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

It'll be a red card display next - there's no end to their dedication.  :lol:

And they'll keep buying the tickets, the substandard replica shirts, they'll keep filling the pockets of shysters.

The thing is, deep down they all know it's true. They are all too proud to kill off the parasite ridden corpse and use it's organs to create a new club with life and passion. Too proud to put history in the past and look to the future. Too proud to take control of their own destiny.

They deserve all they get. They will not enjoy the journey.

And they'll keep buying the tickets, the substandard replica shirts, they'll keep filling the pockets of shysters.

The thing is, deep down they all know it's true. They are all too proud to kill off the parasite ridden corpse and use it's organs to create a new club with life and passion. Too proud to put history in the past and look to the future. Too proud to take control of their own destiny.

They deserve all they get. They will not enjoy the journey.

Frankengers...........has that one been used? Probly.

Thing is. If there is another liquidation will the SFA bend over backwards AGAIN to keep them in the league, when they should be booted out?

yes

We shall never be rid of them. I think we all know that. Even if they were completely erased, four tubes would start a new club, call it Rangers and the Orcs would follow follow.

Edited by cyderspaceman

BWM It is your fans' desperation to hold on to the past which is allowing you to be ripped off so much.

This analysis with its focus on the past strikes me as spot on.

I honestly think I've underestimated the extent to which this history matters. Having a genuine say and stake in the club appears to be much less important to the average bear than being able to say '54 titles, World's most successful... etc'.

A succession of shysters from Whyte to Green to the Easdales, get this and exploit it.

Thing is. If there is another liquidation will the SFA bend over backwards AGAIN to keep them in the league, when they should be booted out?

If they were to go down the route I suggested or one very similar, fan owned, new club with no doubts, everything above board then I would certainly back them. I would even rally behind them for then we would have seen sporting integrity and if the shysters who prey on ordinary football fans can be taught a lesson, if fans can claim back our game then it would be a cause worthy of support.

If they were to go down the route I suggested or one very similar, fan owned, new club with no doubts, everything above board then I would certainly back them. I would even rally behind them for then we would have seen sporting integrity and if the shysters who prey on ordinary football fans can be taught a lesson, if fans can claim back our game then it would be a cause worthy of support.

Hmmm.....I'm not sure about that.

Sorry, my coat is hanging next to the door......................

Roy Greenslades take on yesterday.

Sunday 29 September 2013 18.02 BST 4 comments

Roy Greenslade

It will be interesting to see if any newspaper covers the fact that members of Britain's armed forces appeared to join in with Scottish football fans as they sang sectarian songs at a match yesterday. Initial reports suggest not.

Some 400 uniformed soldiers, seamen and air force personnel attended an armed forces day at Ibrox, the Rangers ground.

Before the game, after a formal march and band music, a group of soldiers (they were in khaki) were filmed dancing, clapping and singing along with the crowd.

Although it is difficult to make out the exact words on the video posted on YouTube, people have identified sectarian songs and chants celebrating the death of the IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands.

Rival Celtic fans were quick to identify songs that are supposed to be banned from all Scottish football grounds under a new law passed by the Scottish parliament.

One commenter to the YouTube site wrote of it being a "disgusting vile and tawdry spectacle". Another wrote: "Shocking stuff. I hope this vid is forwarded to the footballing and army authorities."

Two media reports about the events that have been published - one here on the STV site and another here on the Daily Record site - make no reference to the soldiers' antics.

The STV report mentioned that an army band "entertained fans" and quoted Major General Nick Eeles, general officer commanding Scotland, as saying it was hoped to make it into an annual event.

The Record did write that "the match-day experience began in dramatic circumstances" but only because two marines "abseiled down the Govan stand ahead of kick-off, before delivering the match ball to the referee."

How odd that both outlets missed the story? Or do their reporters think soldiers chanting jingoistic sectarian songs in unison with football fans is unworthy of comment?

Incidentally, Saturday was not the official armed forces celebration day in Britain (that falls in the close season). The club, with the full approval of the military, decided to stage its own separate event.