Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This thread is now degenerating into typical OF shite slinging, this time along the lines of "Your saviour / asset-stripper wiz wurser thin oorz...."

Celtic, to their credit, managed to oust the Kellys and the Whites who were basically using the club to fund their lifestyles and pension funds. They were then very fortunate to get The Bunnet who came and did exactly what he said over 5 years.

Rangers, in their attempt to match Celtic, became a plaything of the larcenous Murray and RBS and died. Now the vultures are playing with the carcass.

That's about it in a nutshell.

What good has come of this ? Well, we now know just how bent and corrupt the blazers at Hampden are and there's a lot less violence, both pavement and domestic, in the Glasgow area.

8)

You mean BoS?

Indeed. Hence the revisionism now. He rebuilt Celtic along sane lines and was unsympathetic to a management team featuring Murdo MacLeod.

I'd say that booing someone, certainly for the second one, is shameful

Its not revisionism to say he was right........it would be if you change what you personally did at the time.

Big diff between Celtic and Rangers situation was we were not really competing in the seasons before, I didn't give a shoite at the time re them, just as long as my club survived. Stopping the ten in a row was a bonus, but to me not a deal breaker. I spent most of my time watching the news reports with dread but that didn't mean I thought he was wrong.

They died at the top of their game, so the fans cannot take it, which makes it delicious :)

And one of my fav things of this thread apart from some of the pics and the ''as I was walking'' post, was the

''in 1994 a wee man wae a bunnett walked through the doors at Celtic Park. 18 years later, Rangers died''.

Sums it up to a tee....

Edited by phasma ex machina

Its not revisionism to say he was right........it would be if you change what you personally did at the time.

Big diff between Celtic and Rangers situation was we were not really competing in the seasons before, I didn't give a shoite at the time re them, just as long as my club survived. Stopping the ten in a row was a bonus, but to me not a deal breaker. I spent most of my time watching the news reports with dread but that didn't mean I thought he was wrong.

They died at the top of their game, so the fans cannot take it, which makes it delicious :)

And one of my fav things of this thread apart from some of the pics and the ''as I was walking'' post, was the

''in 1994 a wee man wae a bunnett walked through the doors at Celtic Park. 18 years later, Rangers died''.

Sums it up to a tee....

Yes, fair enough. Revisionism is not the term to use with regard to what he did.

There is certainly hypocrisy involved in how he's now viewed by large sections of the Celtic support though.

And a thought re King.........

Presumably South Africa is still a hellhole to get funds out of?

I used to work wae a guy who had lived there for a few years until about 1990, Ten years later and he was still only to get about a grand a year transferred of his savings to a Scots bank.

Is business different??

Was king not a previous member of the oldco board ?

Was king not found guilty of tax evasion ?

Does this not stop him according to the rule book of becoming part of newco ?

I'll ask again who owns the title deeds for sevco ?

Yes - didn't stop Paul Murray trying though

Yes.

No - not if Sevco pass him as fit and proper

Craigy

Edited by phasma ex machina

Seriously?

The guy that saved your club got booed whilst unveiling a Championship flag.

Shameful.

One reason sections of the Celotic support disliked McCann was that he made some efforts to crack down on bigoted singing and behaviour via the Bhoys Against Bigotry campaign. Charlie and the Bhoys even wrote a song about it.

One reason sections of the Celotic support disliked McCann was that he made some efforts to crack down on bigoted singing and behaviour via the Bhoys Against Bigotry campaign. Charlie and the Bhoys even wrote a song about it.

You seem obsessed

He was the man behind the proposed new stadium in Cambuslang, and he couldn't get a shirt sponsor for the club.

He was pre-McCann then?

He was English and white haired wasn't he? A bit of a Charles Green figure perhaps.

What exactly was his role? He was pretty antagonistic as I recall.

I suppose I could actually look this stuff up, but that feels like cheating.

He was pre-McCann then?

He was English and white haired wasn't he? A bit of a Charles Green figure perhaps.

What exactly was his role? He was pretty antagonistic as I recall.

I suppose I could actually look this stuff up, but that feels like cheating.

Irish, and brown hair iirc???

CEO, cost cutter, possibly would have been Chucky material if we never sacked him.

Anyhoo........... bye bye buns if true....

Charlotte2Weeks þ@Charlotte2Weeks · 47m

The Administration fee wasn't paid by SSco it was paid by 5088. This is vital as it is evidence that Zeus loaned to 5088, Craig Whyte.

Irish, and brown hair iirc???

CEO, cost cutter, possibly would have been Chucky material if we never sacked him.

Anyhoo........... bye bye buns if true....

There is no way on God's green earth the SFA will allow their demented brain child to wiped off the face of the planet without them first trying to con us all with some nifty piece of convenient bullshit they have written into the fudged up and farted out rules & regulations. :(

Something along the lines of the club cannot be blamed for the clubs transgressions ??? :huh: , I mean the clubs company will be blamed in the event the club faces a huge dilemma caused by the club itself ??? :unsure2: , I mean the new mythical company that is part of the club and the club will be removed from itself once again as in common speech the SFA can call anything they damn well please now a Rangers club :blink: .

Seriously they have concocted some pish they can transfer a licence over to any entity they like and call it a member club :wacko: , I nominate a goldfish and it's bowl as the very same ver3.01 member club the SFA have always known and called Rangers FC est 1872. And no bear can argue otherwise as long as the goldfish receives the SFA licence from the SFA that a Rangers FC has always had. :lol: I look forward to the Rangers players tuping over to the goldfish bowl for diving lessons and drowning in debt. :)

Record changed their piece to include detail on the CF stuff :D :D

A MYSTERY blogger who leaked secret recordings of Craig Whyte and Charles Green on the internet is set to become the focus of a £28million Rangers court case.

Last year the Charlotte Fakes Twitter account caused a furore among Scottish football fans after releasing a tranche of tapes and documents about the Ibrox crisis.

At the time much of the information could not be covered by newspapers and TV stations because of legal concerns over its source and authenticity.

But this week a judge ruled that some of it could be used as evidence in a court case, reigniting interest in Charlotte’s shadowy online world.

Rangers’ liquidators BDO are locked in a legal battle with Whyte’s lawyers Collyer Bristow, claiming the law firm was partially responsible for the downfall of the club, and guilty of negligence and breach of trust.

Collyer Bristow have denied the allegations.

And in a pre-trial hearing held on Monday in London’s Royal Courts of Justice, judge Mr Justice Newey ruled that recordings of Whyte in conversation with others involved in the takeover released by Charlotte Fakes were admissible as evidence.

As well as tapes of Whyte discussing his Rangers takeover, the account published a host of highly embarrassing e-mails between the club and their PR advisors, along with documents concerning the club’s finances.

In some of the recordings Green and Whyte appear to discuss their plan to carve up control of Ibrox.

In one tape thought to have come from Charlotte Fakes, Green says to Whyte: “You are Sevco, that’s what we are saying.”

In another, Whyte launches an attack on manager Ally McCoist, saying: “He’s been saved by this process. Disorganised guy. Desk in a total mess with papers from six months ago. He wouldn’t have been there if it weren’t for the admin process.”

In yet another recording Rangers’ then finance chief Brian Stockbridge discusses selling £5million of shares in the club to a convicted fraudster on Interpol’s most wanted list.

Stockbridge is heard talking to Whyte and the club’s axed commercial director Imran Ahmad about a possible cash injection from Rafat Rizvi, who is being pursued by police.

Stockbridge says: “How widely is it known? Rafat’s name is not mentioned anywhere, is it?” Ahmad replies: “No, it is.” Stockbridge says: “You could get a headline saying, you know, ‘Convicted...’”

But Ahmad assures Stockbridge “there’s no paper trails” linking Rizvi to Rangers and adds: “There’s no connection.”

Stockbridge says: “If someone starts digging in there...”

During the discussions, Whyte asks Ahmad: “So Charles and Rafat are closer than you and Rafat?” Ahmad replies: “I’d say the relationship is equal.”

Rizvi features on Interpol’s wanted persons list under the name Ali Rafat Rizvi - and has done since 2009.

He was sentenced, in absentia, to a 15-year jail term in Indonesia for allegedly stealing from Bank Century, in which he was a shareholder.

But Rizvi, a UK national who was born in Pakistan, has been able to live as a free man in London and Singapore as there is no extradition treaty with Indonesia.

The Charlotte Fakes leaks- followed by more than 10,000 people online - also targeted Rangers PR man Jack Irvine.

In emails he appeared to boast about bullying journalists and he signed one message off, “No surrender”.

The account led to a huge online debate, with fans discussing who was behind it and whether the documents were genuine.

The blogger seemed to have unlimited access to sensitive print and audio information and many of the audio recordings appeared to have been made by Whyte himself.

At the time various theories concerning the source of the leaks ranged from Whyte to Green to a mystery overseas hacker.

To this day the true source is not known, despite sustained attempts by many of those written about to establish the blogger’s identity.

But there is general consensus that the information was genuine.

In court on Monday Cyril Kinsky QC, representing Collyer Bristow, said there were concerns that the recordings may have been illegally obtained, but he claimed that they had been circulated widely on internet forums and so were no longer confidential.

Last year Police Scotland said they were investigating the source of the leaks, but Mark Phillips QC, representing BDO, told the court that police last week dropped their objections to the recordings being used as evidence and that Craig Whyte himself had no issue with them being heard.

Philips argued that transcripts of the recordings should be partially redacted to remove references to confidential legal advice received by Whyte, and Mr Justice Newey agreed that edited transcripts should be made available.

The case is due to be heard next January.