Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

How exactly did he know you were (in his mind) a legitimate target for that particular insult?

because rangers were playing at easter road that day and maybe the scarf I had round my neck was reason for him to believe I was a rangers fan and therfor was enough of a reason to label me an orange barsteward for that. tbh i have thick skin so it did not bother me in the slightest, i could cry mock outrage but i am really no that bothered

I have no proof for his maw been a spoon burner other than he looked like a neddy leith arse :thumsup2

Why cant you address the original point without being a shitebag?

You said 'sing that Ibrox and you'll get horsed out and told never to come back'.

I asked why Rangers fans at Hampden thought singing a song that, according to you is widely condemed, is acceptable there.

You then went on about how Dundee sing it aswell which has nothing to do with Rangers at all.

Sing that at Ibrox and you will get horsed out and told never to come back...that is reality of where we are today, not 20 years ago.

I was at Dens a few weeks ago, they were singing the same tune but this time it was arab blood, the majority were singing it, the Man city fans replied with their own version and again they were up to their knees in some groups blood.

I look forward to you condemning all these fans too.

Different thing entirely. You can't turn a group of football fans' singing bad things about another group of football fans into an 'ism'. When Dundee fans sign about Arabs, it's not racial. They are not actually singing about the people of Saudi and Kuwait etc.

because rangers were playing at easter road that day and maybe the scarf I had round my neck was reason for him to believe I was a rangers fan and therfor was enough of a reason to label me an orange barsteward for that. tbh i have thick skin so it did not bother me in the slightest, i could cry mock outrage but i am really no that bothered

I have no proof for his maw been a spoon burner other than he looked like a neddy leith arse :thumsup2

See if you were walking down the road with your mates without colours on do you think you wouldn't have been abused?

Let me put it this way. In 1981 there was an upsurge in membership of both the OO and Republican Associations in the UK, both peaked that year and then dropped off within a two year period. The reason of such an upsurge was down to two reasons, rightly or wrongly. One reason was the hunger strikes another was the impending visit of the Pope in 1982, the reason for the upsurge in membership was nothing whatsoever to do with either club.

Before either club existed there was a greater membership in such organisations than there are now. Whether they would be more widely viewed as inadequates than they are at the moment is not the issue, they would still require a focal point and this would be an outlet for them. As i've said the clubs aren't the cause of sectarianism, certainly over the years they didn't do too much to eradicate it but if both had never been founded there would still have been this problem.

Did the 1980 Scottish cup final and effects on Scottish football have anything to do with the upsurge? or did you poll the members as to their reasons for joining and have a definitive list? Or are you making things up to look good?

Yes there were several points in my post, it would have been polite if you addressed them before coming back with you own.

The Billy Boys is the banned song.

I'd imagine the reason nothing happens to Dundee is because they don't sing the same lyrics.

The Billy Boys is the banned song.

I'd imagine the reason nothing happens to Dundee is because they don't sing the same lyrics.

Was it not banned due to the glorification of some Weejie ned?

So, just because it is not banned makes it ok?

I think the connection is that the Billy Boys glorifies some weejie ned. Nothing to do with blood.

See if you were walking down the road with your mates without colours on do you think you wouldn't have been abused?

what ? I was crossing the road to get to my mates who were in a pub across the road. i really fail to see the point you are trying to make here mikey

what ? I was crossing the road to get to my mates who were in a pub across the road. i really fail to see the point you are trying to make here mikey

My point is that wearing Rangers colours marked you out for secatrian abuse.

Had Rangers not existed such an example of bigotry would have been avoided. ;)

So you believe it is acceptable to be singing about being up to your knees in a groups blood as long as it is not f***** blood then?

Nothing to do with what I think ya clown. The song has been banned but supporters of the old rangers just can't stop singing it. You should lobby to get arab blood etc banned as well if it upsets you so much.

In the post I replied to, which Mikey then replied to, not my problem if cannot be assed reading, then make a f**k up.

monkey tennis made the original point regarding qp game at hampden 18 months ago and he stated the tme since, then aofjays came up with some shite about parkhead a few months beforehand :blink:

Leith is a dive with more than it's fair share of junkie scum. I always found that, when docking in horrible port towns like Leith or Greenock or Cape Town, it is advisable not to wear anything which makes you stand out. It only draws attention from the wrong sorts.

So, just because it is not banned makes it ok?

For me the songs are a wee bit different.

In my opinion reffering to Arab blood is an example of football rivalry and nothing more. I doubt there used to be a gang of Dundee fans that went out looking for United fans to kill.

The Billy Boys is obviously much more sinister but you know this.

Did the 1980 Scottish cup final and effects on Scottish football have anything to do with the upsurge? or did you poll the members as to their reasons for joining and have a definitive list? Or are you making things up to look good?

No i would doubt very much that the Final of 1980 had anything to do with the upsurge,no i didn't poll any members and no i'm not making things up, 'to look good as you put'. The OO peaked in membership in Scotland in 1981 and started to drop off two years later , Republican organisations membership increased during the 1981 hunger strikes, neither increase had anything to do with football, more about religion and politics.