Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You for real?

Ashley as i said not so long could bring stability in the short term but in the long term........

Tho.. with the proposed new EPL deal coming up i really can't see how he'd swap a large EPL team for a Scottish team.

I don't think he would either. I can see him providing enough to keep them afloat though, maybe even to establish them in the upper reaches of the top flight if it enables him to keep flogging polyester t-shirts for forty quid.

He's not promised £30m though, or to never accept 3-1 defeats to the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen. This makes him much less appealing than the bloke who has.

No pish ripping involved.

I'm genuinely interested in how the things that were held likely to prevent King assuming control a few months ago, no longer seem to get cited as factors.

Tedi thinks there's nothing to stop him, if he provides the money. Wunf on the other hand, thinks that they mean King has no chance.

Where does the truth lie?

"If" as benny would put it, King fronts £16M personally , then SARS may send him to jail until I am 146 years of age. Do you think he would risk it? Even if his lawyer got pistorious off with it?

I'm not forgetting e.

I actually think Ashley presents a better bet for Rangers fans, but he's not promised a war chest, so they don't fancy him.

I wasn't meaning he would save them , lol, jus that he will not allow King to come in. And he has mucho more ££££££ than King could aspire to.

He will get value :)

"If" as benny would put it, King fronts £16M personally , then SARS may send him to jail until I am 146 years of age. Do you think he would risk it? Even if his lawyer got pistorious off with it?

Is this the case though?

What conditions are attached to him following the SARS convictions?

Is he really prevented from carrying out transactions of this scale abroad?

If so, why is he pretending he can and why are none of the less succulent journalists making this point?

Is this the case though?

What conditions are attached to him following the SARS convictions?

Is he really prevented from carrying out transactions of this scale abroad?

If so, why is he pretending he can and why are none of the less succulent journalists making this point?

I posted the SA press stuff a few months ago, and from memory , he AND HIS FAMILY are debarred from from investing a total of more than 2M abroad. I cannae mind if that is R or £, but that is irrelevant.

He breaches that and all them concurrent convictions will hit.

ETA.. That may be 'hold investments' ie no new ones....

Edited by Bing (2)

The news item said he's fronting 8 of the 16 million.

I don't think he would either. I can see him providing enough to keep them afloat though, maybe even to establish them in the upper reaches of the top flight if it enables him to keep flogging polyester t-shirts for forty quid. He's not promised £30m though, or to never accept 3-1 defeats to the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen. This makes him much less appealing than the bloke who has.

No Ashley has gotten control of the clubs main revenue sources for pittance, if the stadium name for a £1 doesn't set alarms bells ringing....

Also the Newcastle situation ....

Do you like seeing your club being defeated lol

Proof please...

I posted the SA press stuff a few months ago, and from memory , he AND HIS FAMILY are debarred from from investing a total of more than 2M abroad. I cannae mind if that is R or £, but that is irrelevant.

Search for it on here, not my fault you don't read it all :)

Don't know which 'poster' posted it though otherwise I would search myself.

Lol...

From the Herald

"King put £20m into Rangers when Sir David Murray was owner and after resolving issues with the South African Revenue Service, is free to invest at home and abroad without restriction."

Maybe they should have a word with Wunf .....

From the Herald

"King put £20m into Rangers when Sir David Murray was owner and after resolving issues with the South African Revenue Service, is free to invest at home and abroad without restriction."

Maybe they should have a word with Wunf .....

They never finish that sentence in the rags do they? the second part reads ...and took out all his money plus xmillion profit just before it went tits up

From the Herald"King put £20m into Rangers when Sir David Murray was owner and after resolving issues with the South African Revenue Service, is free to invest at home and abroad without restriction."Maybe they should have a word with Wunf .....

Took but seconds for killingfloorman to screw that :D

No Ashley has gotten control of the clubs main revenue sources for pittance, if the stadium name for a £1 doesn't set alarms bells ringing....

Also the Newcastle situation ....

Do you like seeing your club being defeated lol.

Of course, Ashley is in it for the money he can make.

It might be however that he can do so by restoring Rangers to relative health. He certainly can't make money from Rangers should they cease to be.

To answer your other 'point', I don't enjoy watching defeats usually, but recognise that they're a pretty fundamental part of the experience of following sport. King clearly sees it otherwise and has used this fact to make the prospect of his leadership more attractive to Rangers fans.

Spoilt children.