Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

After 3 seasons of P's and D's posting about the 'spivs' in the boardroom the P's and D's have now about turned and are now telling us that these same 'spivs' in the boardroom who have already squandered countless millions are now the good guys and will be awesome for the club.

You expect that sort of nonsense from idiots like Densboy and Rover, who can't think for themselves and need a blogger to think for them but for the other P's and D's - they should hang their heads in shame.

Not "awesome" for the club Bennett. Don't be silly now.

However, Ashley's involvement now should ensure the pattern of massive losses must end. That's not awesome, but it's better.

I've said before that this is a club that would rather die than lose football matches regularly. The response to the Ashley development does not prove me wrong.

Stick to the subject in hand and leave the deflecting to young Rover and co.

So basically you have no proof that the SFA's rules/agreement could be altered with ease, thats all i wanted to read.

No Bennett, I've no proof of many of the things I say.

I think that's actually quite common. If this feels like a victory for you though, then please, be my guest and have it.

You seem to need it.

Not "awesome" for the club Bennett. Don't be silly now. However, Ashley's involvement now should ensure the pattern of massive losses must end. That's not awesome, but it's better. I've said before that this is a club that would rather die than lose football matches regularly. The response to the Ashley development does not prove me wrong.

The massive loses are in fact partly down to the loss of income due to Ashleys onerous deals. Why do you keep repeating that we would rather die than lose matches? It's silly statement and not in the slightest bit true.

Yes being run sensibly is right up there in my wish list, having all of our retail income stolen by a guy who happens to like £1 advertising is definitely not on my wish list.

Do not pretend to be gullible, this 'loan' will have fookin horrendous terms attached to it.

Monkey knows all of this but he'll continue to toe the party line on this and claim that Rangers fans are demanding that the club over spends on players to buy success.

Yes being run sensibly is right up there in my wish list, having all of our retail income stolen by a guy who happens to like £1 advertising is definitely not on my wish list.

Do not pretend to be gullible, this 'loan' will have fookin horrendous terms attached to it.

I actually agree with a lot of what you and benny are saying, but "stolen" is quite strong language for a legal business transaction.

Also struggling as to why everything Ashley has done gets analysed and criticised(quite rightly most of the time), whilst Dodgy Dave's many failings and presence on the oldco board are completely glossed over?

Why do you keep repeating that we would rather die than lose matches? It's silly statement and not in the slightest bit true.

Well in that case, you must surely be delighted with the man who has secured the club's future, even if it means that the financial (and therefore playing) advantages previously enjoyed over their rivals, are diminished.

Any joy with your Regan/Doncaster research?

I actually agree with a lot of what you and benny are saying, but "stolen" is quite strong language for a legal business transaction.

Also struggling as to why everything Ashley has done gets analysed and criticised(quite rightly most of the time), whilst Dodgy Dave's many failings and presence on the oldco board are completely glossed over?

Well thats your reputation in tatters then lol

Well in that case, you must surely be delighted with the man who has secured the club's future, even if it means that the financial (and therefore playing) advantages previously enjoyed over their rivals, are diminished.

Again you are continuing with the Rangers fans are demanding financial advantages nonsense.

Most Rangers fans want the club to be well run within it's means, to have a good team on the park, money generated by the club to be mostly spent wisely and wasted on obscene wages/fees/bonuses to boardroom members and onerous contracts depleting the clubs income.

Monkey knows all of this but he'll continue to toe the party line on this and claim that Rangers fans are demanding that the club over spends on players to buy success.

I didn't think I was toeing a party line at all to be honest.

The usual on here is for Ps and Ds to hail any development as disastrous for Rangers and hilarious for us. This orthodoxy extended even to interpretations of how the BTC went.

If you think I'm somehow 'at it' in saying I'm disappointed to see Ashley come through, then I'm afraid you're mistaken. When I heard it had happened on the car radio yesterday morning, I was honestly a bit gutted. I wanted you entering admin again, losing points and shedding players so we could horse you. That won't now happen.

I'm trying to be all magnanimous here in accepting that the BRALT is now fading. And yet in the spirit of the thread, I'm being attacked for it too.

Baffling.

Most Rangers fans want the club to be well run within it's means, to have a good team on the park, money generated by the club to be mostly spent wisely and wasted on obscene wages/fees/bonuses to boardroom members and onerous contracts depleting the clubs income.

Ok, I don't agree with this. ;)

Most Rangers may say that want a sustainable well run club, but I think that when faced with the actual reality of what this entails most of them would balk and run a proverbial mile.

Again you are continuing with the Rangers fans are demanding financial advantages nonsense.

Money generated by the club = financial advantages over rivals.

A future on a more level playing field terrifies you.

Ok, I don't agree with this. ;)

Most Rangers may say that want a sustainable well run club, but I think that when faced with the actual reality of what this entails most of them would balk and run a proverbial mile.

Crowds of between 45k and 50k could be easily obtained at Ibrox, not to mention the huge retail potential if ran right, advertising and sponsorships etc plus a board and maanger taking less obscene wages/bonuses....

Yes Rangers could have a good competitive team on the park and pay for it quite easily.

Surely if you Rangers fans really are this upset over the club not getting to keep and re-invest all its income, then the time has never been better to establish a Rangers FC of Glasgow, type outfit.

I'm serious. Imagine the pride involved in setting up such a club, securing a venue for matches and joining a suitable league. Even if as few as 3000 fans were initially involved, the club would be bigger than two thirds of those already in the national set-up.

The entire thing would be ethical and pure, with real scope for rapid advancement. I'm getting all teary just thinking about it. Rather than simply admire the founding fathers, you could emulate them.

Of course, Celtic would probably eclipse 9 in a row and eventually 54 titles, but that would be tainted and hollow when set against what you're setting up.

If it's all about the football. If it's all about escaping onerous contracts. If it's all about pride and again loving football and a club that's really yours, there's only one possible route to go down. What a riposte to Ashley and the other spivs that would be.

What's stopping you?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Crowds of between 45k and 50k could be easily obtained at Ibrox, not to mention the huge retail potential if ran right, advertising and sponsorships etc plus a board and maanger taking less obscene wages/bonuses....

Yes Rangers could have a good competitive team on the park and pay for it quite easily.

Hmm, I seem to remember a scenario like that before but don't recall it being too easy to pay for.