Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I just don't get the Rangers supporters on here (and on Rangers Media). Their club is disintegrating before their eyes and they want to talk about whether there is a proddy flute band connected to Everton or similar nonsense.

With the news today about the Norman Atlantic ferry on fire between Greece and Italy people were standing on the decks and the soles of their shoes were melting from the heat of the fire. Just like what Rangers fans have experienced over the last few years.

Instead of dealing with the problems of the burning ship they want to talk about their last ports of call, how nice the head waiter was, and whether the captain was 'one of us' or not! Using the itinerary of the next trip of the Norman Atlantic they will be salivating about the exciting places they will be going, and the wonderful people who will be on board with them, and the top notch cabin they will book.

Meanwhile they can't breathe from the smoke, hopping around as their feet burn.

Wake up you Rangers supporters. Smell the smoke! :)

The bears are still in hibernianation. :)

How the hell did they go through an administration and not one person in the administrator's team think "hang on a second, £3,000 per week between two folk to wash some kits? Nope, that's got to stop!"

One of many questions regarding the bizarre conduct of Duff and Phelps throughout the admin process. I'm definitely no expert here, but it was like no administration I've ever known of before. It probably helps to explain why they're in trouble now.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boxing-day-begging-letters-4891366

Rangers' Boxing Day begging letters: Ibrox chief David Somers sends desperate emails at 4am in panic-stricken bid for cash
RANGERS chairman David Somers sent out pleading emails to wealthy individuals on Boxing Day in a bizarre bid to raise money for cash-strapped Gers
SNS Group JS51436029.jpg
David Somers and chief executive Derek Llambias

PANIC-stricken chairman David Somers pleaded for someone to save Rangers from financial meltdown in the New Year – by sending out begging letters at 4am on Boxing Day.

Record Sport understands Somers sent the emails to a number of wealthy individuals in a bizarre early morning attempt to raise the millions needed to keep the Ibrox club in business in January.

The cash appeal – which indicates the high level of boardroom concern at the club’s latest plight – was launched just two days after the SFA blocked Mike Ashley’s plan to plough around £8million into the club by taking his holding up to 29.9 per cent.

JS53412932.jpg VIEW GALLERY

And the apparent urgent nature of this latest move has shocked those potential saviours who woke on Boxing Day to discover they had been contacted by the man at the head of the crisis-hit regime.

It’s understood Somers asked all the various parties, including Sales Sharks owner Brian Kennedy, if they would be prepared to step into Ashley’s shoes by underwriting a share issue and snapping up more than 40 million new shares. Failing that, Somers asked if any of them would be willing to lend large amounts of emergency cash to the club on a secured basis.

As of last night, there was no indication that Somers had been successful with either request. Last night the Rangers chairman could not be contacted.

The move came after a trio of wealthy Rangers fans, Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor, put together an offer of £6.5m to underwrite the anticipated emergency share issue in an attempt to win control of the club back from Sports Direct magnate Ashley.

A separate offer of £16m in funding from South African-based businessman Dave King remains on the table despite being rejected by the Rangers board two months ago when they chose instead to accept a drip feed of crisis loans from Ashley.

Things are getting desperate. Surely the end is in sight.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boxing-day-begging-letters-4891366

Rangers' Boxing Day begging letters: Ibrox chief David Somers sends desperate emails at 4am in panic-stricken bid for cash
RANGERS chairman David Somers sent out pleading emails to wealthy individuals on Boxing Day in a bizarre bid to raise money for cash-strapped Gers
SNS Group JS51436029.jpg
David Somers and chief executive Derek Llambias

PANIC-stricken chairman David Somers pleaded for someone to save Rangers from financial meltdown in the New Year – by sending out begging letters at 4am on Boxing Day.

Record Sport understands Somers sent the emails to a number of wealthy individuals in a bizarre early morning attempt to raise the millions needed to keep the Ibrox club in business in January.

The cash appeal – which indicates the high level of boardroom concern at the club’s latest plight – was launched just two days after the SFA blocked Mike Ashley’s plan to plough around £8million into the club by taking his holding up to 29.9 per cent.

JS53412932.jpg VIEW GALLERY

And the apparent urgent nature of this latest move has shocked those potential saviours who woke on Boxing Day to discover they had been contacted by the man at the head of the crisis-hit regime.

It’s understood Somers asked all the various parties, including Sales Sharks owner Brian Kennedy, if they would be prepared to step into Ashley’s shoes by underwriting a share issue and snapping up more than 40 million new shares. Failing that, Somers asked if any of them would be willing to lend large amounts of emergency cash to the club on a secured basis.

As of last night, there was no indication that Somers had been successful with either request. Last night the Rangers chairman could not be contacted.

The move came after a trio of wealthy Rangers fans, Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor, put together an offer of £6.5m to underwrite the anticipated emergency share issue in an attempt to win control of the club back from Sports Direct magnate Ashley.

A separate offer of £16m in funding from South African-based businessman Dave King remains on the table despite being rejected by the Rangers board two months ago when they chose instead to accept a drip feed of crisis loans from Ashley.

Things are getting desperate. Surely the end is in sight.

Nah, my guess is it's stunt - doom, doom and more doom then we'll get an emergency loan from uncle Mike and we'll fall over ourselves with gratitude.

Don't get me wrong we are skint but i reckon they've got it all planned out.

Nah, my guess is it's stunt - doom, doom and more doom then we'll get an emergency loan from uncle Mike and we'll fall over ourselves with gratitude.

I don't know that it's a stunt, but at the same time, I can't see this lot simply taking the club into administration, when apparently, these offers from the three blokes , and even King, exist. It would surely be hard to explain any rationale for doing so.

I agree that it might again be Ashley that stumps up though. And I can see his next two loans being secured against Murray Park, then Ibrox.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

If any of them had the ability to plan they wouldn't be in this mess.

Ahem, you can you know, big boy ;) I love a man with a prodigious Rights Issue. Get this forthcoming share offering underwritten and you could be the very Partick hunk who truly gets his whistle blown ;)

Kinky enough for you??

I bow to your superior knowledge of rights issues. Chuck in a sound thrashing from Anne Widdecombe with a rolled up copy of the Spectator and that takes care of kinky.