Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Remember when the orcs laughed at some Celtic fans reporting their company that runs the club for an advertising campaign ?, hypocrites sounds apt at this time. Is this more embarrassing than the other mobs greeting faced whining at ASA ?, is this a competition by both sets of fans to out fanny the other fannies at anything ? :lol:

Uh huh.....

I pay the state what it's due according to the tax laws/allowances/deductions. I don't pay them what they think they're due.

At the minute I'm PAYE (or more accurately PAYDon'tE, as I'm not working) so I'm paying the state what it's due.

I never made any comment on your tax affairs.

I did however, comment on the view of such matters that you adopt, which strikes me as odd.

I didn't say the first statement.

And I said spare me the moralistic claptrap - "Avoiding tax is perfectly legal - spare me any sanctimonious clap trap about morality."

By all means attack this scheme (by Rangers) of EBTs as immoral, but it wasn't illegal.

Deceiving the SFA/SPL is another matter which hasn't been dealt with very satisfactorily.

I'd didn't say you did say that.

The bit I said you said, you said.

As for Rangers and their disclosure to the SPL or SFA or whoever they have to report to, they had no option but to exclude the loans from players' earnings. They would have no case to put forward to HMRC if they were arguing on the one hand that the loans were not earnings but had reported them as such to the football authorities.

Were they not required by the football authorities to declare all payments, regardless of whether they could be classed as earnings, loans, whatever?

Aye, cos nobody can ever break from the party line eh.....it has been said many times before, you are all sheep.

Don't be so daft Tedi.

I can assure you that my view of this kind of tax behaviour would be the same, no matter who was pursuing it.

I would also wager that your view of it would be entirely different, had it not been practised by Rangers.

This actually has a lot more to do with a political standpoint than it does football, but you won't allow yourself to see it that way. There's a profound irony in your suggestion that others are acting like unthinking sheep.

'My club, right or wrong' is where you're coming from. I don't agree with Jacksgranda on this at all, but at least his view is his own.

You could not be further from the truth.

I think the wastefulness in the (its someone else s money) public sector is depressing and the tax system which pays for all of it oppressive, fix these issues and there really would not be the need for accountants to dream up such clever and risky tax avoidance schemes, until then I really do not blame people for looking for legitimate and legal ways to avoid tax, especially businesses.

Fair enough.

We disagree then. I absolutely shudder to think of the world we'd live in if more of us saw it similarly to you though.

Your belief that the very rich only seek ways to get yet richer due to an unfair, oppressive system, is however so naive as to actually be cute.

Its not as if monkey declares what he earns from moonshinning.

He's being hypocritical again.

What is moonshinning?

No such word.

I'm struggling to reconcile your endorsement of Tedi's right wing view of public spending, with your own membership of the anti-austerity SNP.

You could not be further from the truth. I think the wastefulness in the (its someone else s money) public sector is depressing and the tax system which pays for all of it oppressive, fix these issues and there really would not be the need for accountants to dream up such clever and risky tax avoidance schemes, until then I really do not blame people for looking for legitimate and legal ways to avoid tax, especially businesses.
You could not be further from the truth. I think the wastefulness in the (its someone else s money) public sector is depressing and the tax system which pays for all of it oppressive, fix these issues and there really would not be the need for accountants to dream up such clever and risky tax avoidance schemes, until then I really do not blame people for looking for legitimate and legal ways to avoid tax, especially businesses.
You sound like a bitter fud.Its hard to believe this shit , when we have to listen rangers fans greetin about Mike Ashleys LEGAL money saving business methods like zero hours contracts and dummy sales...but at the sametime you're right behind businesses saving cash via dubious avoidance schemes.Just be honest if it hadn't of happened to Rangers youd be disgusted by tax dodgers.

You sound like a bitter fud.

Its hard to believe this shit , when we have to listen rangers fans greetin about Mike Ashleys LEGAL money saving business methods like zero hours contracts and dummy sales...but at the sametime you're right behind businesses saving cash via dubious avoidance schemes.

Just be honest if it hadn't of happened to Rangers youd be disgusted by tax dodgers.

Too much bait.....

It started with Jacksgranda making the absurdly flimsy claim that looking at this in any kind of moral sense amounted to "claptrap".

He's come out with this kind of rubbish before. He's clearly a decent enough bloke, but he's of the belief that we should all be trying to avoid paying the state what we're due.

Quite what sort of society he envisages as the result, he doesn't specify.

I pay the state what it's due according to the tax laws/allowances/deductions. I don't pay them what they think they're due.

At the minute I'm PAYE (or more accurately PAYDon'tE, as I'm not working) so I'm paying the state what it's due.

I never made any comment on your tax affairs. I did however, comment on the view of such matters that you adopt, which strikes me as odd.

I took the first bolded statement as comment on my tax affairs, which was a perfectly reasonable assumption in the circumstances.

If you weren't lumping me in with "all" you should have made that clear.

I find it "odd" that people are perfectly happy paying more (tax) than they need to.

Guest Flash

Were they not required by the football authorities to declare all payments, regardless of whether they could be classed as earnings, loans, whatever?

To be honest, I can't remember what they had to disclose.

Was their argument then that the loans came from an EBT and therefore didn't have to be disclosed as the club didn't pay them?

To be honest, I can't remember what they had to disclose.

Was their argument then that the loans came from an EBT and therefore didn't have to be disclosed as the club didn't pay them?

The EBTs were managed by a trust, which had "no connection to the club/company" - I think that was the line peddled on here. So you're probably - legally - right. I leave the moral side of it to others.

The EBTs were managed by a trust, which had "no connection to the club/company" - I think that was the line peddled on here. So you're probably - legally - right. I leave the moral side of it to others.

Again, I'm not sure here, but was the requirement not decidedly all embracing? I thought the requirement was that every type of payment had to be declared, even if a third party was involved.

Again, I'm not sure here, but was the requirement not decidedly all embracing? I thought the requirement was that every type of payment had to be declared, even if a third party was involved.

The requirement probably was - I can't remember either.

I was just stating what was posted on here by Rangers' fans that the EBTs were handled by a trust and had nothing to do with the club, the sub text being these EBT payments didn't need to be declared (to the SFA/SPL).