Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Guest Flash

Out of interest what would happen if some players paid back some money to the mih ebt scheme?

There is no charge under the new rules if a loan is repaid by April 2019.

ETA if they paid back part of the loan, the new charge wouldn't apply to that part.

And also edited to remove the part about the charge only applying if HMRC lose. It could also apply if they win, but there will be relief for the tax paid as a result of the case.

Edited by Flash

Fair play mate, but I never got the feeling I was watching something special when I watched Wee Dick's team. My Dad always said the Rangers side of the early sixties was the best. I think Stein took it to another level though, the fact that they dominated at a time when our league was, arguably, at its strongest speaks for itself. I was fortunate enough to be watching a lot of football at that time, my formative years.

It was fairly strong, too, in the late 50s/early 60s with Hearts and Kilmarnock perennial challengers and Dundee's great side of 61/62.

"Whine whine club should pay it".

They weren't employed by the club though were they. That died.

2ldtycl.jpg

The club should pay up as part of the 5 way agreement. I can't think of a more football related debt than players wages, can you?

So hmrc want this tax paid twice, once from the Oldco (which they'll accept payment from bdo for) and again from the players?

I lack your average Celtic fans/stoneys expertise on these matters and sometimes it appears quite baffling.

So hmrc want this tax paid twice, once from the Oldco (which they'll accept payment from bdo for) and again from the players?

I lack your average Celtic fans/stoneys expertise on these matters and sometimes it appears quite baffling.

They are chasing old Rangers but if they cannot get the cash from them then the latest Westminster budget allows for the recipient's of EBTs to be pursued for the outstanding amounts. Simple really.

Not the oldco, the club ...the club , as stated in the agreements.

So if HMRC come knocking for the outstanding millions from these EBT recipients and they say , no (which they will) then this 'same club' must pay ...unless Rangers go to court and argue that they are not the same club of course?

So if HMRC come knocking for the outstanding millions from these EBT recipients and they say , no (which they will) then this 'same club' must pay ...unless Rangers go to court and argue that they are not the same club of course?

What a pile of tosh.

HMRC are still pursuing oldco otherwise the claim which is to be heard at the Supreme Court, would have been conceded. George Osborne stated in his budget that if a company is unable to meet their tax obligations over EBTs then the recipients could be held liable for outstanding sums.

If the recipients end up with a tax bill then they would have a claim over oldco as oldco agreed to tax liability via the side letters, oldco would be indebted to those players, those debts would be football related debts. The 5 way agreement sees Sevco having to pay all football related debts in order to maintain their SFA membership. Sevco would have to pay up to the players.

Tbh the scenarios involved are probably beyond most laymen (myself included obviously), mih are no more, hmrc will accept a pence in the ound settlement from the Oldco via bdo.

Will the players have to pay the remainder, will newco have to pay...haven't a Scooby.

Tbh the scenarios involved are probably beyond most laymen (myself included obviously), mih are no more, hmrc will accept a pence in the ound settlement from the Oldco via bdo.

Will the players have to pay the remainder, will newco have to pay...haven't a Scooby.

Newco won't because they are not the same club. The players could try to start an action against them but the only way they will get compensation would be through the SFA citing the 5 way agreement, it would be amazing if it worked.

How do you feel that the club you support now are about to stiff players who they claim led them to trophies and glory? How can you claim that is the same club? The same club who promised to look after them?

"Whine whine club should pay it".

They weren't employed by the club though were they. That died.

2ldtycl.jpg

I think that quote from a former player proves the EBTs provided a massive sporting advantage.

Newco won't because they are not the same club. The players could try to start an action against them but the only way they will get compensation would be through the SFA citing the 5 way agreement, it would be amazing if it worked.

How do you feel that the club you support now are about to stiff players who they claim led them to trophies and glory? How can you claim that is the same club? The same club who promised to look after them?

You been on the fitba monitor again?

You been on the fitba monitor again?

You feeling confused because it was alright to see Rangers stiff the HMRC but seeing your heroes bankrupted leaves a guilty, shitty taste in your mouth?