Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

56 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

It did whip people into a frenzy , people still regularly back up their premise of rangers dying by using a daily record headline or whatever despite lambasting the same red tops and rags for backtracking their views on the matters only weeks later . It's laughable , the papers do as they do with every political campaign out there , nail there colours to the mast and then backtrack when things go a bit differently . It's not as if it is a situation unique to rangers and everything that went on in 2012 . 

no side is particularly faultless , but some have became clearly demented with the idea and failed to move on from the summer of 2012 . Was guilty of it myself , until one day I reliased some people are never going to agree with my point of view and I am never going to agree with theirs so f**k it . Life goes on and more important stuff to occupy myself with 

The wish to move on is sensible enough.

Many of us are capable however, of thinking for ourselves in ways you seem unaware of.

It's a strange world that the Rangers fans live in, really.

Maybe there are people who, without encouragement from the press, would look at what happened at Ibrox and think: Perhaps that was all perfectly legit.

I do like the idea that the papers and the evil bloggers "whipped people into a frenzy", as if less sensational reporting would've meant everyone would've been quite happy to learn Rangers had been cheating for ten years and were attempting to walk away from their bad debts.  As if everyone would've looked at the liquidation of the club and the sale of its assets and said, Yes, that is a club that is alive and kicking and is in no way defunct.

It's a bit like that mental Vangaurd Bears piece the other day, in which the author watched Celtic stroll to three easy wins against Rangers and concluded that it was the media's fault, for being overly nationalist and irish.  

14 minutes ago, flyingrodent said:

It's a strange world that the Rangers fans live in, really.

Maybe there are people who, without encouragement from the press, would look at what happened at Ibrox and think: Perhaps that was all perfectly legit.

I do like the idea that the papers and the evil bloggers "whipped people into a frenzy", as if less sensational reporting would've meant everyone would've been quite happy to learn Rangers had been cheating for ten years and were attempting to walk away from their bad debts.  As if everyone would've looked at the liquidation of the club and the sale of its assets and said, Yes, that is a club that is alive and kicking and is in no way defunct.

It's a bit like that mental Vangaurd Bears piece the other day, in which the author watched Celtic stroll to three easy wins against Rangers and concluded that it was the media's fault, for being overly nationalist and irish.  

What on earth are you talking about ? Their was a media frenzy . It had little to no bearing on what happened with us though, it just helped to build a few sideshows around the story  . The reality being the difference between this and Bradford Bulls as I said is that rugby is a lot less hostile and bitter filled as football . My guess is There won't be any "sell out Saturday's" or "strip the titles"  from the opposition in the rugby league or any "sink us and we will sink you" from Bradford Bulls fans . 

Edited by Forever_blueco

18 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

What on earth are you talking about ? Their was a media frenzy . It had little to no bearing on what happened with us though . The reality being the difference between this and Bradford Bulls as I said is that rugby is a lot less hostile and bitter filled as football . My guess is There won't be any "sell out Saturday's" or "strip the titles"  from the opposition in the rugby league or any "sink us and we will sink you" from Bradford Bulls fans . 

Of course there was a media frenzy, ya daftie. That's what tends to happen when people learn that one of the largest clubs in the country's most popular sport has spent ten years cheating; has deliberately covered it up and is about to go bankrupt & die.  Exactly the same thing would happen if it was Celtic or Chelsea or Real Madrid.

The point is that the media sensation is a reaction, not the action itself. Most people don't have to be instructed to be angry about being scammed, because they can see it for themselves. If you crap on my rug, I don't need the Daily Record to tell me whether it stinks.

Edited by flyingrodent

^ all correct but the 'frenzy' was fucking late. We had to rely on rangerstaxcase and others for info in the lead up to 2012.

Before that, true blue bear Graham Speirs wrote his financial vandalism article and was ex-communicated by the club and vilified by the fans (and still is).

How'd that work out? You know censoring a hack for having the temerity to tell the truth?

Let's hope no-one makes that mistake again eh?

23 minutes ago, flyingrodent said:

Of course there was a media frenzy, ya daftie. That's what tends to happen when people learn that one of the largest clubs in the country's most popular sport has spent ten years cheating; has deliberately covered it up and is about to go bankrupt & die.  Exactly the same thing would happen if it was Celtic or Chelsea or Real Madrid.

The point is that the media sensation is a reaction, not the action itself. Most people don't have to be instructed to be angry about being scammed, because they can see it for themselves. If you crap on my rug, I don't need the Daily Record to tell me whether it stinks.

The whole cheating carry on is a prime example of sideshow that I am on about . It was picked up on social media and the mainstream media flew with it only for a QC to dismiss it , yet still it goes on . As I said I am not even interested in debating it with you anymore as you have your opinion and I have mine . This thread has been going round in circles for nearly 5 years now . My original point was how it would be treated and dealt with differently in the English rugby league than what we witnessed up here , some just can't seem to have any Sort of discussion that dares to not revolve around "your deid" and "naw were no" .

It's more like 14 years as the Discount Option Scheme started in 1998. If we're seeking QC levels of accuracy. 

The key point here is that in the use of that specific scheme there was evidence that HMRC found out about it, demanded money, DeadCheatingCunts FC denied there was ever any letters or such arrangements and then had the embarrassing mea culpa moment when Hector wrote back with one of those side letters attached.

The guilty fucking cheats knew that they were cheating, got caught fucking cheating, lied about their cheating, got caught out lying about their rotten fucking cheating and then went on fucking cheating and then got caught fucking cheating again when they were so up to their arse in debt, cheating, lies and more cheating. even fucking cheating wasn't enough to save them. The fucking cheats.

5 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's more like 14 years as the Discount Option Scheme started in 1998. If we're seeking QC levels of accuracy. 

The key point here is that in the use of that specific scheme there was evidence that HMRC found out about it, demanded money, DeadCheatingCunts FC denied there was ever any letters or such arrangements and then had the embarrassing mea culpa moment when Hector wrote back with one of those side letters attached.

The guilty fucking cheats knew that they were cheating, got caught fucking cheating, lied about their cheating, got caught out lying about their rotten fucking cheating and then went on fucking cheating and then got caught fucking cheating again when they were so up to their arse in debt, cheating, lies and more cheating. even fucking cheating wasn't enough to save them. The fucking cheats.

Fucking Nick of this :lol:

The rugby league comparison doesn't really hold up. In order to access the murdoch cash the sport went for a franchise system and rejected idea of promotion / relegation. It's an artificial entry system rather than a meritocracy. It's also seen the England team fall further behind nz n Australia and rl struggles to match union in terms of crowds or participation levels. It's also failed to breakout out of its traditional heartlands. Placing a team in their league structure is not unusual, albeit it's normally not on the basis of liquidation.

The whole cheating carry on is a prime example of sideshow that I am on about . It was picked up on social media and the mainstream media flew with it only for a QC to dismiss it , yet still it goes on . As I said I am not even interested in debating it with you anymore as you have your opinion and I have mine . This thread has been going round in circles for nearly 5 years now . My original point was how it would be treated and dealt with differently in the English rugby league than what we witnessed up here , some just can't seem to have any Sort of discussion that dares to not revolve around "your deid" and "naw were no" .

Happy to be proven wrong as I don't know but I can only imagine that rugby league doesn't suffer the monumental distortion of competition that we do here that has ruined much of the enjoyment of Scottish football for many diddy supporters.

Cheating or no cheating (I'm aware this isn't cut and dry) the racking up of such debts caused this destruction of competition for most of us.

For that to then subsequently result in rangers running themselves into the ground and going bust was of course going to be pleasing for many, myself included.

The bitterness for me was being told that we 'needed' to return to this broken, distorted, uncompetitive league situation which most diddies were totally disillusioned with.

Countless season tickets bought out of blind loyalty hoping one day it might change, only to be told in no uncertain terms that the status quo must be kept even in light of Rangers destroying themselves.

The frenzy was needed, of course there are extremes on both sides who can't debate reasonably, as is always the case in such passionate circumstances.

I'm pretty sure rugby league has a good thing going that most fans enjoy and isn't in need of radical change unlike the farce that was/is our domestic game.

The rugby league comparison doesn't really hold up. In order to access the murdoch cash the sport went for a franchise system and rejected idea of promotion / relegation. It's an artificial entry system rather than a meritocracy. It's also seen the England team fall further behind nz n Australia and rl struggles to match union in terms of crowds or participation levels. It's also failed to breakout out of its traditional heartlands. Placing a team in their league structure is not unusual, albeit it's normally not on the basis of liquidation.

I suspect that if there was a huge lump of Murdoch money at stake then the decision on whether to place New Rangers into the top flight might have been a closer run thing

Of course something similar had happened in Scotland before

Aberdeen's current spell in the top flight started with the league simply handing them a sport that they hadn't earned

50 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

The tame QC (although he wasn't acting in that capacity at the time) did not 'dismiss it'.  He did indeed find Rangers guilty of cheating but, through some obscure verbal and mental gymnastics, decreed that they had obtained no sporting advantage in so doing.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Happy to be proven wrong as I don't know but I can only imagine that rugby league doesn't suffer the monumental distortion of competition that we do here that has ruined much of the enjoyment of Scottish football for many diddy supporters.

Cheating or no cheating (I'm aware this isn't cut and dry) the racking up of such debts caused this destruction of competition for most of us.

For that to then subsequently result in rangers running themselves into the ground and going bust was of course going to be pleasing for many, myself included.

The bitterness for me was being told that we 'needed' to return to this broken, distorted, uncompetitive league situation which most diddies were totally disillusioned with.

Countless season tickets bought out of blind loyalty hoping one day it might change, only to be told in no uncertain terms that the status quo must be kept even in light of Rangers destroying themselves.

The frenzy was needed, of course there are extremes on both sides who can't debate reasonably, as is always the case in such passionate circumstances.

I'm pretty sure rugby league has a good thing going that most fans enjoy and isn't in need of radical change unlike the farce that was/is our domestic game.

I actually enjoy engaging with you as it is usually a well thought out response that does not delve into the usual cliche filled tit for tat . Us and Celtic have had and let's be honest probably will have again at some point in the next 5 years a duo monopoly of the Scottish game . I agree . But when you have two clubs our size in the league it is bound to happen in some way or another . I am not quite sure what the solution to that is as it is apparent throughout football in countries like Portugal , Spain , France and to a certain extent England . A Ronny deila led Celtic might have seen the top 4 positions being slightly tighter this year but that is all ifs and buts and the reality is Rodgers has got it bang on so far with Celtic and that is what sees them miles in front . 

Think  the main difference between the rugby and rangers situation is the attitude of the supporters  . Their is not the same intesity of emotions I feel in English rugby as what we have up here in Scottish football and a lot more respect even amongst rival supporters , think Scottish football supporters are a bit more tribal in nature  . Even the premiership down south has been diluted by sky sports new age fans the last 10-20 years . I think up here in Scotland we still have in the main sets of  supporters who support the same club as the Grandads  and dads did and that is a good thing in my opinion . I have digressed a bit here but I think you might get what I mean :lol:

I actually enjoy engaging with you as it is usually a well thought out response that does not delve into the usual cliche filled tit for tat . Us and Celtic have had and let's be honest probably will have again at some point in the next 5 years a duo monopoly of the Scottish game . I agree . But when you have two clubs our size in the league it is bound to happen in some way or another . I am not quite sure what the solution to that is as it is apparent throughout football in countries like Portugal , Spain , France and to a certain extent England . A Ronny deila led Celtic might have seen the top 4 positions being slightly tighter this year but that is all ifs and buts and the reality is Rodgers has got it bang on so far with Celtic and that is what sees them miles in front . 

Think  the main difference between the rugby and rangers situation is the attitude of the supporters  . Their is not the same intesity of emotions I feel in English rugby as what we have up here in Scottish football and a lot more respect even amongst rival supporters , think Scottish football supporters are a bit more tribal in nature  . Even the premiership down south has been diluted by sky sports new age fans the last 10-20 years . I think up here in Scotland we still have in the main sets of  supporters who support the same club as the Grandads  and dads did and that is a good thing in my opinion . I have digressed a bit here but I think you might get what I mean :lol:

I think you meant duopoly but I'll let you off [emoji6]

I think up until 2012 as much as it was shite as a diddy (especially supporting the dons) you had to grudgingly accept that competing with two clubs of that size is nigh on impossible. Of course there's the unpleasantness that comes with those two clubs which adds to the bitterness but that's another debate for another time [emoji1].

What was difficult to accept was one of the big clubs self destructing to the point of liquidation and being told that for commercial reasons they were to be let straight back in to resume the duopoly that was so shit.

As a fan of Aberdeen, Kilmarnock whoever the tv money, whilst I agree was an important source of income for diddy clubs, had no benefit to me. The commerciality of football in the sky sports era has ruined it for diddy clubs. So to be told that rangers get put back in to preserve that was very bitter.

With football in its current form there is little we can do about the duopoly. Self interest reigns amongst the entire top flight. The tv companies want to show Celtic and Rangers and as such you want your share of the revenue to reflect it. You do this because you need to challenge Celtic and ultimately get the commercial benefits of Europe. All this makes business sense, it kills sport.

There's a part of me that wants to see Scotland shut out of the champions league. Then the two of you (well Celtic now mainly) won't need to spend millions chasing a spot in the group stages, never mind the money that will be spent by Celtic now they've had that windfall.

It won't change thought, commerciality has football In a vice and I don't see that changing.

42 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think you meant duopoly but I'll let you off emoji6.png

I think up until 2012 as much as it was shite as a diddy (especially supporting the dons) you had to grudgingly accept that competing with two clubs of that size is nigh on impossible. Of course there's the unpleasantness that comes with those two clubs which adds to the bitterness but that's another debate for another time emoji1.png.

What was difficult to accept was one of the big clubs self destructing to the point of liquidation and being told that for commercial reasons they were to be let straight back in to resume the duopoly that was so shit.

As a fan of Aberdeen, Kilmarnock whoever the tv money, whilst I agree was an important source of income for diddy clubs, had no benefit to me. The commerciality of football in the sky sports era has ruined it for diddy clubs. So to be told that rangers get put back in to preserve that was very bitter.

With football in its current form there is little we can do about the duopoly. Self interest reigns amongst the entire top flight. The tv companies want to show Celtic and Rangers and as such you want your share of the revenue to reflect it. You do this because you need to challenge Celtic and ultimately get the commercial benefits of Europe. All this makes business sense, it kills sport.

There's a part of me that wants to see Scotland shut out of the champions league. Then the two of you (well Celtic now mainly) won't need to spend millions chasing a spot in the group stages, never mind the money that will be spent by Celtic now they've had that windfall.

It won't change thought, commerciality has football In a vice and I don't see that changing.

Am still recovering from all the festivities :lol:

The thing about any denial regarding the death of Rangers is the hilarious fact that the people denying it know they are lying. They know it. We know they know it. They know that we know that they know.

It's glorious.