Liverpool V Juve

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am gutted that this pish Liverpool team have only beaten the mighty Juventus 2-1. That cant be right. :blink:

First half Liverpool were superb. Second half Juve were better thanks to the introcuction of Pessoto. He shored up the midfield superbly and played round about the inept Biscan. That was the big difference in my opinion.

Best Liverpool performer on the night was again Steve Finnan. Fought for everything and his distribution was in the main superb.

At least they have a lead to defend going back to Turin, it'll be a big ask but its not impossible. Apart from the goal, which was a bad mistake (Carson was superb otherwise) and Carson's save from Del Piero they didnt actually create many chances. And Liverpool have been very good away from home in Europe this season.

Del Piero is not the player he once was. I dont believe he is only 30 though. :o

Mon the Redmen. :)

I am gutted that this pish Liverpool team have only beaten the mighty Juventus 2-1. That cant be right. :blink:

First half Liverpool were superb. Second half Juve were better thanks to the introcuction of Pessoto. He shored up the midfield superbly and played round about the inept Biscan. That was the big difference in my opinion.

Best Liverpool performer on the night was again Steve Finnan. Fought for everything and his distribution was in the main superb.

At least they have a lead to defend going back to Turin, it'll be a big ask but its not impossible. Apart from the goal, which was a bad mistake (Carson was superb otherwise) and Carson's save from Del Piero they didnt actually create many chances. And Liverpool have been very good away from home in Europe this season.

Del Piero is not the player he once was. I dont believe he is only 30 though. :o

455145[/snapback]

just wait until next season ba all the players hopefully fit with a few buys during the summer :D bring on the mancs :lol::lol:

455145[/snapback]

Away goal = OOT!

Up ye, Scouse boy :D

It was one of those feel good nights at Anfield last night, good to see LFC turning up, they are so frustrating.

They have just beaten arguably one of the best club sides in the World, yet they consistently struggle against mediocre Premiership opposition, Rafa can definately hack it in europe, and will hopefully get it right next season (he has too).

On the game, for the first half hour LFC were fantastic, Juve didn't know what had hit them, Cannavaro & Thuram looked decidedly dodgy, 2 brilliant goals, Garcia's especially :D

Stevie G & Baros were excellent, and defensively they looked very strong, Carragher is turning into a real leader.

Towards the end of the first half Nedved & Del Piero were getting involved, and you could see Juve getting into the game.

Second half obviously Capello had told his team to get a goal back and young Carson duly obliged, which was a shame because he had been very solid otherwise the whole evening.

Juve IMO seemed quite happy to get one goal and settle for 2 - 1, if young Carson hadn't thrown one in the back of the net, I'm still sure they would have got a one goal on the night.

The atmosphere was electric, credit to the LFC support :)

The second leg, will be tough, I'm not sure they are capable of going to Italy and getting a result, I really hope so, can you defend a one goal advantage for 90 minutes in Turin? I doubt it, I think you have to go there and have a go, difficult I know but LFC will need to score on the night to go through.

For me it was just great to see LFC competing again at the highest level, the future is bright, the future is Red, the future is Rafa ;)

Garcia's goal was without a doubt the best I have seen by anybody this season and possibly ever. Not just the finish, but the vision shown by Le Tallec for the pass and Baros to leave it for him as well. Sheer magic.

Garcia's goal was without a doubt the best I have seen by anybody this season and possibly ever. Not just the finish, but the vision shown by Le Tallec for the pass and Baros to leave it for him as well. Sheer magic.

455844[/snapback]

best goal ever... easy tiger!

it was a brilliant move and a brilliant finish though, but with any strike from that distance there has to be a hint of luck!

Guest Pompey

I was pleased to see the Juve fans turning their backs on the self-serving gesture of "memory and friendship" from Liverpool.

Heysel - never forget.

Aye, yer a trier. :lol:

That'll be everyone from Monaco to Urinal you have cheered on this year. You are bound to get it right eventually.

Or are you? :o  :lol:

Let me enjoy my night now. :)

467051[/snapback]

How feckin good was that, brilliant :P

Rafa the Gafa and his team got it spot on, fantastic performance, over both legs, nobody can deny that LFC deserved their place in the Semi against Chelski :D

Juventus were very disappointing, how poor is that Ibrahimovic, pish ;)

Guest BullyWee1878
What a pish game when you're used to watching quality like Chelsea ;)

467564[/snapback]

Yeah I suppose conceeding 5 goals to the worst Bayern team in years while Liverpool only lost 1 goal over the two games to a far superior team added to that Liverpool had two players making their 1st appearance in months after both suffering from broken limbs. :rolleyes:

Archived