Community

the jambo-rocker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Epic!!!!! 8 bit adventure is my new favourite episode :D

OK dont die, if we do we have to go all the way back to the study room!

oh yeah, I used to love dying, but that little speech really turned me around.... :lol:

Absolutely loved it, definitely up there in top 3-5 episodes for me. The Oceans 11 episode and finale were great too, a really strong ending to the season. The worry now is that Dan Harmon won't be on board for season 4 as his contract is up and his tweet from last night wasn't too encouraging :( I can't imagine it being anyway near as good without him.

The 8 bit episode was something else. They've really had quite a few bad asses on this season. First Omar, and now the guy from Breaking Bad!

Thoroughly enjoyed that. I think for me it was when they changed the school into a rave venue :lol:

Also when Jeff touched the Dean!! :lol:

I think I watched them in the wrong order(8 bit, then the Ocean's 11 then the Court one) but yeah, they were great.

I'd savour it though, because Dan Harmon(as of now) hasn't had his contract renewed, apparently they're bringing in some people from ABC to write it. I can't see why or how they think this'll succeed. I can't imagine the cast(Chevy excluded) being too cooperative either. Stupid NBC.

I think I watched them in the wrong order(8 bit, then the Ocean's 11 then the Court one) but yeah, they were great.

I'd savour it though, because Dan Harmon(as of now) hasn't had his contract renewed,apparently they're bringing in some people from ABC to write it. I can't see why or how they think this'll succeed. I can't imagine the cast(Chevy excluded) being too cooperative either. Stupid NBC.

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Which episodes are these?

The season 3 finale(there was 3 new episodes shown on Thursday night to finish the season)

It actually turns out I did watch them in the correct order. I thought I'd done it wrong because the final scene of the 8 bit episode was:

Troy and Abed with the baby in the study room. But that episode was before they got back into the college. I know it's probably not chronological or actual canon(those scenes) but I just figured they were.

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Yeah. He made a post confirming it(I assume on his tumblr). NBC haven't even contacted him about it. So if they say they did and he rejected on financial/family grounds then it's bullshit. And that the role they might say he was offered was just because they have to do it when they want to fire a creator of a show but the role has absolutely no power and he wouldn't be able to make any changes that the writers/NBC didn't want to make.

It's bullshit.

The season 3 finale(there was 3 new episodes shown on Thursday night to finish the season)

It actually turns out I did watch them in the correct order. I thought I'd done it wrong because the final scene of the 8 bit episode was:

Troy and Abed with the baby in the study room. But that episode was before they got back into the college. I know it's probably not chronological or actual canon(those scenes) but I just figured they were.

Yeah. He made a post confirming it(I assume on his tumblr). NBC haven't even contacted him about it. So if they say they did and he rejected on financial/family grounds then it's bullshit. And that the role they might say he was offered was just because they have to do it when they want to fire a creator of a show but the role has absolutely no power and he wouldn't be able to make any changes that the writers/NBC didn't want to make.

It's bullshit.

ABC have had one decent comedy I can think of off the top of my head, Modern Family, and that kind of humour is nothing like Community. MF is about realistic situations that are funny, Community combines these weird, wonderful ridiculous situations and crams as many in to each episode as possible. I'd rather NBC dumped it than make 2 more seasons that are dogshit...

The two guys they're apparently bringing in are Moses Port and David Guarascio who have been involved in Happy Endings(as producers) and they wrote(with two others) the IT Crowd. Those are two funny shows but they're not weird enough(IT Crowd is a bit) as Community. Happy Endings is funny but mostly standalone episodes. There's no longevity in it, despite it's funniness.