Clearing Address Bar

Stu

I'm on work experience at the moment and am using someone else's computer, which runs Windows NT. Tomorrow's my last day and I'd like to clear the address bar so they don't have Pie and Bovril etc in it.

Anyway to do this, bearing in mind I can't edit the registry or install stuff?

I'm on work experience at the moment and am using someone else's computer, which runs Windows NT. Tomorrow's my last day and I'd like to clear the address bar so they don't have Pie and Bovril etc in it.

Anyway to do this, bearing in mind I can't edit the registry or install stuff?

458214[/snapback]

The only way I know how to do it is using regedit.

Under the My Computer directory open the HKEY_CURRENT-USER directory by double clicking it. Next open the Software directory in the same way. Under the Software directory open the Microsoft directory. Under Microsoft open the Internet Explorer directory. Under the Internet Explorer directory, open the TypedURLs directory.

All the entries in the right are actually just a list of all the address you have entered. You can now click on any entry and press delete to get rid of it. For each one you delete you must confirm that you want to delete it by clicking yes in the box that appears. If it is easier for you, you can delete multiple entries at once by selecting them using either a box or the control key.

When you are finished simply close the registry editor window. (Unless you want to see something else you can do in the registry which is explained below) All those useless URLs are gone! Whenever that address bar gets full again, just do the same thing.

winston, does this mean theres another list within the pc of the (dodgy) sites visited?

458239[/snapback]

Aye, its how the Police track Paedos down.

Guest Pompey

Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, scroll down till you find something about "autocomplete", untick box. This will mean that there will be no prompts again, eg...if you type in bb, the wee thing will not pop down suggesting www.bbc.co.uk, or www.bbking.com

Incidentally, I always thought the police tracked paedos etc down by looking in the pictures downloaded in the hard drive?

Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, scroll down till you find something about "autocomplete", untick box. This will mean that there will be no prompts again, eg...if you type in bb, the wee thing will not pop down suggesting www.bbc.co.uk, or www.bbking.com

458527[/snapback]

No option for that :unsure:

Everything you do online will be logged on a server at your ISP. All websites, online gaming, files downloaded, it's all there. The only reason I want to clear the address bar is so that this poor person whose log in I have been using doesn't have all these sites listed.

Read Boiling a Frog by one of thise site's posters to see how server logs can be maniplated to cause havoc ;)

Archived