What's An Anonymous User?

Guest Ruggy Bairn

SD.

Anyone can log in annonymously. If you don't want your name to appear on the browse list you can select 'Don't show my name on active users list' when you are logging in.

;)

SD.

Anyone can log in annonymously. If you don't want your name to appear on the browse list you can select 'Don't show my name on active users list' when you are logging in.

;)

Ah. Thanks Ruggy. Didn't realise that was the case, my system logs me in automatically whenever I visit the site.

Guest Born-again Bairn
SD.

;)

Is there a sensible/valid reason for doing this ? :unsure:

SD.

;)

Is there a sensible/valid reason for doing this ? :unsure:

Say for example your boss knows that you occasionally visit the site during working hours. He/She might do a wee sneaky at 11am to see if you are online - they check for your username - but it's not there so you are saved from a bollocking or worse.........

....... but you're at your desk surfing happily through the threads as an anonymous user ;)

Archived