Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

There are no "facts" that can predict how a game of the magnitude is going to turn out.

I'll admit that Hibs are guilty of sitting down to Hearts quite a lot of the time, especially over these last few years.

But do you honestly believe for a second that this game is going to be anything like a regular Edinburgh Derby?

Hibs will fight for everything in this game, Hearts players wont expect it (because they've already won) and will well and truly shite themselves on the day. 8)

Hibs got to the final through no less sheer grit and determination.

You keep deluding yourself with that then if it makes you happy.

I remember the same talk before the semi-final a few years back.

It's a well known fact that hibs.net talk about our winning attitude in derbies all the time. The hibs fans are now trying to replicate that.

There's one flaw in this plan. Hearts fans doing it makes our better players more confident. Hibs fans doing it piles the pressure on their shite team.

Griffiths will end up sent off. We witnessed how easy it was to frustrate him on his debut vs Hearts when he almost saw red without even touching the ball.

It's actually unbelievable that some idiots are trying to kid themselves into believing we will be complacent in the final.

You haven't beat us for years ffs. 10 games in a row. laugh.giflaugh.gif

You want to know the reason we will never be complacent? Here he is.

2230129089.jpg

NEVER lost a derby he has been involved in. Never. biggrin.gif

Anyone who spouts off about what WILL happen ahead of a football game is a complete arsehole.

There's a little sense of optomism amongst Hibs fans. We have been and continue to be poor but Hearts really are an average side at best. Our complete inability to turn up in derbies has really flattered Hearts and a Hibs win here wouldn't be the amazing underdog triumph people seem to think. Hearts are the favourites obviously but it gets made into the Tommy Sheridan proverbial 'Gretna v Real Madrid in the Champions League!' scenario.

All this 'we're going to crush you' chat just reeks of desperation. Doesn't sound convincing in the slightest. :lol: Let's face it, everyone here has opotomism but we're all also shiting it big time.

NEVER lost a derby he has been involved in. Never. biggrin.gif

Who is he?

Of course Hearts are big favorites. When it comes to derbies you are a spoiled lot and going by our club is run I'm afraid we won't see any change in that any time soon. However, a Hibs final win would make the current 10 in a row quite meaningless and it would be a very sweet way to end the 1902-cup hoodoo and all the Jambo-bragging. It would also be very healthy in the upbringing of the likes of Paulo Sergio and Hearts Daft to experience derby disappointment and so learn to cope with set-backs. Because now you're clearly growing up as spoiled and arrogant little queen bees that no one likes.

So how can such help in the development of some character be achieved? I don't see much Scottish football so I can't really judge in what way Hibs would have a slim change. Going by the last game I attended, the semi-final at Hampden, our tactics basically come down to pumping the ball in a forward direction and just hope that the defenders that are in the way let the ball slip and so reach our men up front. Griffiths and O'Connor can be, on their day, quite good forwards going by SPL-standards. The biggest problem is that we basically have no players that can give the pass to reach them. Claros and Osbourne are okay, but I don't see why we would play Sproule. Against Aberdeen he was a mere passenger. He lacks the pace to create danger himself and the insight to bring into position Griffiths and O'Connor. I read somewhere in this thread that Hearts is going to play a 5-man midfield? Sproule would drown in such circumstances. If you still want a forward-looking midfielder I think you'd better go with Galbraith.

I don't have to learn about disappointment against hibs squire. I'm a jambo.

P.s If you were serious it's Gary Locke. Then again it could be Ian Black, Mehdi Taouil, Jamie Hamill, Craig Beattie, David Templeton, Paulo Sergio, alberto cabral or many others but I can't see the picture.

Edited by Hearts Daft

Seen as you can now select your team for Euro 2012 on your profile, it's great to see so many fellow Hibby's backing Ireland.

Keep the faith lads.

Euro 2012 forum for this pish.

Horribly bigoted post IMO. :(

We're meant to be shitting it from that keech that was on the telly the day aye? laugh.gif

As bad as Hibs were (I know, really bad) that big ginger donkey Doyle missed two easy chances. We'll need to play a lot better in the final, but at least then we'll have O'Connor alongside Griffiths, not a bloke that plays like Helen Keller on meth.

<<<<< :)

My man. :D

Hopefully we have an Irish double, Hibs and the Republic marching to glory. Seems legit.