Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

You do kinda have to feel for the Hibs fans. They'll never, ever live this down. The Hearts fans won't let them forget this one.

Losing to your biggest rivals is shite at the best of times but to be absolutely humiliated in a national cup final is wrist slitting stuff.

I certainly don't blame any Hibs fans who walked out of that early. In fact I'd question the sanity of any who actually stayed to the bitter end.

Good luck at work on Monday chaps.

No fan of the wee scrot but if you read his quotes they're not that bad and he even congratulates Hearts. If I was in the Hibs team I'd focus on the non-penalty as well so people didn't focus on how shite they played.

On a side note that's another victory for the suited manager over the one in trackies. When will these managers learn eh!

Yeah, his congratulations of Hearts is admirable but these two quotes in particular reek of sour grapes:

It was all about Craig Thomson today. He wanted to steal the show a wee bit and he did that with the penalty award and sending the gaffer to the stand.

That sums him up for me. We had been warned about that during the week and we knew from playing against him before what he is like.

There's no need to say that about the referee - it makes him appear incredibly childish - and his comments about Suso weren't need either.

It isn't possible for them to win the cup until 111. It really aint that hard :lol:

Yes, but the song will be "Tell all the Hibs you know, it's 111 in a row". It won't be 111 in a row if they actually win it next year.

Thought Hearts were very professional today, every player worked their socks off and showed real fight and passion. Skacel was different class and Black controlled the game.

Hibs were so woeful I actually surprised myself and began to feel sorry for their supporters after the 4th goal. How long can you keep getting humiliated by your city rivals before it really fucks you up? I've been attending Derbies for 25 years and never seen a bigger gulf in class between the teams.

Really looking forward to the victory parade in the sun tomorrow.biggrin.gif

Craig Thomson did hibs a favour today. His performance was terrible. Its a massive

talking point how terrible the ref was.

However Hearts are a much better team and we would have needed the ref to be a hibs season

ticket holder to give us any chance of winning that game.

Most people seem shocked by how terrible hibs players were to any neutrals out there

thats the way they play every week they are rubbish.

That Hearts team are simply miles better than we have. In fact every team in the league

is apart from Dunfermline.

Again though thanks Craig Thompson as you are the worst ref I have ever seen , hearts

would have won anyway but you at least gave us a slight excuse.

The atmosphere was amazing before kick off.

Alot of hibs fans think we must sign leigh griffiths and mcpake. I would not be bothered

if we dont. Griffiths today was static . I cant be bothered saying any more about

how bad this hibs team is.

Just to add Listening to super scoreboard its weird they are spot on talking about what's wrong

with hibs. Quote was ' all the loan players a very very poor and not good enough for hibernian'

Its true and I hope that Fenlon was only talking them up as he was trying to build up their confidence.

Although Jim Duffys comments feel like they came from some parallel universe where he isnt

one of the worst managers ever to grace the game.

Also Petrie has been in the media all week. Will we see the tache again before the AGM. He only

comments when he feels like it. The Club needs strong leadership now.

Edited by RotWeissEssen

Just watching the highlights.....well done the Jam Tarts.

Couldn't find a pub in Middlesbrough showing the game,, they were more interested in West Ham v Blackpool.dry.gif

Spoke to Mehdi Taouil after the game, who is actually celebrating his birthday today. You can listen to that below if you like:-

Mehdi Taouil

Only three Hibs players came out to see the press. Leigh Griffiths, Eoin Doyle, and I can't remember who else. The rest slipped out another entrance in order to avoid giving interviews.

Andy Driver did all his interviews with his tie around his head!

Hibs 1-5 Hearts: Where the cup was won and lost

Edited by La_Leyenda

That just sums Hibs up really. A month of nerves, a night of no sleep and a morning of getting pished, only for the thing to be over before you could mutter "this might be our year". I won't miss most of the shitebags in our team. When Hibs equalised before half time I should've been absolutely buzzing for a potential come back, I just wasn't. Most of our players have a bad mix of hee haw talent and no bottle, Hibs were never coming back.

After hearing about the penalty and the red card being harsh I don't know whether to feel hard done by or not. On one hand it obviously contributed massively to the scoreline being as big as it was and that's annoying, but the result was never in doubt after the first couple of Hearts goals. Hearts are decent, Hibs are brutal, that's that.

You may accuse me of being full of shit for saying this, but I genuinely don't care right now about the never ending slaggings Hearts fans will dish out. Since I've been at uni in 2009 Hibs have made me almost immune to it, this was the final straw in terms of caring about our place in the Edinburgh derby. The fact that I'm so numb to something like derby bragging rights which once seemed so important is perhaps more sad than if I'd been spewing about it, but hopefully by the time next season comes round and we've all had a break I'll be in f**k the Hearts mode again.

The disappointment of today will probably kick in properly tommorow, so right now I'm trying to see the positives. I'll still always look back on the build up as good memories. The Hibs party they put on at Shettleston Juniors was great, and I seem to remember us all jumping off the back of the bus and laughing like a bunch of 8 year olds before the game, I love footballs ability to turn grown men into a bunch of juvenile dafties :lol: . Also, Hampden looked and sounded tremendous at the start. Mind you these consolations aren't so much "every cloud" but "every rampant tsunami disaster has a silver lining".

Enjoy your buttery biscuit base jambos. dry.gif

Edited by Guest

Oh and whilst I'm here, I can't believe some people are having a go at Hibs fans for leaving early. If your teams not only losing a cup final to your greatest rivals but getting royally shafted, I think you can be forgiven for not wanting to stay around.

The people who stay around for no reason when their team's let them down massively are usually weird boffin types who are just happy to be out of their mum's basement for the day.

Oh and whilst I'm here, I can't believe some people are having a go at Hibs fans for leaving early. If your teams not only losing a cup final to your greatest rivals but getting royally shafted, I think you can be forgiven for not wanting to stay around.

The people who stay around for no reason when their team's let them down massively are usually weird boffin types who are just happy to be out of their mum's basement for the day.

:lol:

There was some right weirdos remaining! Sitting, continuously waving their flags in some kind of defiance. Your teams been pumped mate, get the f**k outa here

well....

hibs are a right shower of shite ehlaugh.giflaugh.gif

they set up so defensively yet defensively they are shite, i think every time they went up the park at the minimum they got a corner so how stupid is the manager to not get them to push on more

how that will ever be a penalty i will never know laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

really disappointing to see fans (possibly justifiably) leaving the ground at a cup final after 49 mins

the 5th goal was a cracker!!!

anyone else think the fact hearts gave them a doing seemed to make the initial celebrations at the end a little damp?

sunshine on gorgie

Just woken up with a can of cider in my bed.. What a cracking day

Hearts were the better team by a long shot and after a nervy start i thought the settled quicker. Even when we were two up i was still nervous,and at half time Hibs were still in it. The pen was soft but Hearts were dominating the game again by that stage. Hearts cruised the rest of the match. Black and Skacel were superb ,the whole team looked up for it,every single player pulled out all the stops. I was surprised that Temps never got a berth but when you saw the team Paulo Sergio was spot on with his selection and tactics.

Hibs were very poor and McPake was the only player to get pass marks in my humble opinion. Griffiths was poor and O Conner never really looked like scoring apart from the one he blasted over the bar.

Where now for Hearts? Well i am sorry no budget can be found for Black and Skacel, they have been our best players all season and contributed most our goals. Paulo Sergio has done a decent job. I think a lot of fans had to be convinced by him, but he has got the best out of a fairly average squad. I hope his future is sorted out sooner rather than later and he can start to build towards next season. Im going to roll over for a few more hours kip then it is bus into town and party time.

While Hibs continue their long wait to lift the famous old trophy, Hearts now move clear in fourth place in terms of who has lifted the Cup the most, and the most successful outside Glasgow.

Big team

Sorry to disagree with your observations but Hibs (who I actually wanted to win) didn't turn up for the first half hour. The first goal came because the Hibs defender at the post didn't move his arse out after the first phase of the set piece. Had he moved quicker he'd likely have caught Barr offside. Hibs came into the game for a while after they scored and should have come out in the second half fired up by there goal. Instead they lose possesion very quickly and the aforementioned defender gives away a penalty. The ref made the mistake in his decision that the infringement was inside the box but it was still a definite foul. The lad, knowing he had already been booked, should not have reached out and pulled the shirt. He should not have been in the position he was in in the first place. After that heads went down again.

The bottom line is Hibs never turned up.

The bottom line is that, what had potential to be an epic cup final, was ruined by a absolutely horrendously ridiculous mistake be the ref - again. I'm angry because i was greatly enjoying the game and it could have been historic, but the ref ruined the whole spectacle for all the watchers cause hes a c**t.