Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

May 19th was probably one of the most painful days of my life, and is the main reason I barely go to Hibs games anymore. I just lost total faith.

5-1 flattered Hearts though, and if the unthinkable does happen on the 26th of May, the 5-1 demolition will be totally forgotten about. Hearts fans saying otherwise are lying.

May 19th was probably one of the most painful days of my life, and is the main reason I barely go to Hibs games anymore. I just lost total faith.

5-1 flattered Hearts though, and if the unthinkable does happen on the 26th of May, the 5-1 demolition will be totally forgotten about. Hearts fans saying otherwise are lying.

rofl.gif

Oh, and if you do win finally win the big cup (rofl.gif), you will still have been pumped 5-1 in both your biggest ever game and the biggest ever Edinburgh derby in history. You'll also still have been pumped 4-0 in what was ultimately a winner take all semi-final too. 8)

rofl.gif

Oh, and if you do win finally win the big cup (rofl.gif), you will still have been pumped 5-1 in both your biggest ever game and the biggest ever Edinburgh derby in history. You'll also still have been pumped 4-0 in what was ultimately a winner take all semi-final too. 8)

7-0. 8)

Oh, and 6-2. 8)

Still hurting. 8)

Two league games that won you two/three points - one of which was two decades before my birth and the other which was 13 years ago. :lol:

In the '80s and '90s, Hearts went 17 and then 22 games unbeaten. Since the 6-2 defeat, we have embarrassed you 5-1 in a Scottish Cup final, 4-0 in a Scottish Cup semi-final, and 5-1, 4-0 and 4-1 in league matches. :lol:

<<<<< Not hurting. <<<<<

Still can't get over what a wonderful footballing picture this is.

You could show that to any football fan in the world and they would appreciate the thousand stories it tells. 8)

It really is special and it shows why Heart of Midlothian will always be the superior club in Scotland's capital.

rofl.gif

If we do win the cup this year it will be a much greater achievement for us to beat Celtic in the final than it was for your mob to hump us last year ,and either way we won't have to get the begging bowl out afterwards.

If we do win the cup this year it will be a much greater achievement for us to beat Celtic in the final than it was for your mob to hump us last year ,and either way we won't have to get the begging bowl out afterwards.

I don't believe for a second any Hibs fans would rather beat Celtic in the final to end their run than their biggest rivals. Arguably it would have been a bigger achievement to win against us considering how poor Celtic have been at Hampden of late, although the Hibs cup run as a whole has been more impressive.

I see the Holly Willoughby story made the papers as another 'duped celebrity'.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/football-daft-voice-contestant-tricks-1858944

I don't believe for a second any Hibs fans would rather beat Celtic in the final to end their run than their biggest rivals. Arguably it would have been a bigger achievement to win against us considering how poor Celtic have been at Hampden of late, although the Hibs cup run as a whole has been more impressive.

I see the Holly Willoughby story made the papers as another 'duped celebrity'.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/football-daft-voice-contestant-tricks-1858944

Actually, i'd rather Hibs beat Celtic (a far bigger club than Hearts) in the SC final.

We've already beaten Hearts leading up to the final, so to say that we'd rather be playing Hearts in the final is pointless, considering we've knocked them out anyway.

Both Hibs and Hearts fans can be capable of some fairly alarming delusion, but claiming that Hibs winning the Scottish Cup would be irrelevant because "Hearts won the one that mattered" is up there with the most unbelievably deluded statements ever. If that game was to have any affect at all on Hibs winning it would be to make it sweeter.

If Hibs do win it this year (which I'm not expecting before anyone says anything) I really, really hope Hearts fans carry on with their "we only won 5-1" chants and hand gestures when we play them in the future. It would be funny as f**k.

It's already a bit funny tbh.

In fairness, they're entitled to gloat and I won't begrudge them it (although it's already becoming a bit of a coping mechanism it seems). If we won it then that bragging opportunity would be gone though.

I'm not even saying us winning it would taint their memories of it, they'd be entitled to think about that final fondly for a long time. However, gloating at us if we were the holders would be seriously ridiculous.

Actually, i'd rather Hibs beat Celtic (a far bigger club than Hearts) in the SC final.

Maybe if you close your eyes and keep saying it one day you'll actually believe it. :lol:

For the record, I've not seen one Hearts fan saying Hibs winning the Scottish Cup is irrelevant, to us maybe but certainly not to Hibs.

Edit: We'll always be entitled to gloat about the result in the biggest derby in the history of both teams. Always.

Edited by GorgieRoad