My thoughts:

Charlton v Bolton on 16/04/2005 Bolton to win @ 13/8

Fulham v Man City on 16/04/2005 Man City to win @ 7/4

Inverness v Dundee on 16/04/2005 Inverness to win @ 5/6

Burnley v Brighton on 16/04/2005 Burnley to win @ 10/11

Airdrie v St Mirren on 16/04/2005 To Draw @ 12/5

Pays about 85/1. Odds from Hills.

Guest Insight

An early look and Birmingham and Palace look a decent double.

Post more soon once i've had a good look at the stats

ICT do look a good bet. In comparison with Dundee's impressive recent home form.....the away record is absolutely absymal. Only won 1 game away to the scummers and never won outwith the city of Dundee!

Guest Pompey

3 draws (31/1) Clydebank v St Mirren; Pavilion Theatre v PSJ; Ipswich Town v Sunderland.

Sections (802/1) Arsenal (v Blackburn), Celtic (v Aberdeen); Hibernian (v Ferranti), Morton (v Alloa Ath); Reading (v Forest), West Ham (v Millwall); Birmingham C (v Pompey), Motherwell (v Kilmarnock); Man City (@ Fulham), QPR (v Leeds Utd); Charlton Ath (v Bolton W), Exeter C (@ Crawley T)

Goals: exactly 3 (80/1): Fulham v Man C, Leicester C v Wigan A, Celtic v Aberdeen

Handipacs (3 draws)(51/1)

Birmingham v Pompey, Celtic v Aberdeen, Hibernian v Ferranti

HOMES

-------------

LIVERPOOL vs Spurs @ 8-11

ROSS COUNTY vs Hamilton @ 6-5

QUEEN'S vs East Fife @ 11-10

AWAYS

------------

Charlton vs BOLTON @ 13-8

Leceister vs WIGAN @ 6-5

Elgin City vs GRETNA @ 3-10

DRAWS

-------------

Fulham vs Man City @ 9-4

Stenny vs Montrose @ 5-2

Cowden vs Peterhead @ 13-5

Here are my thoughts on today's games(All Win Singles)

Coca-Cola Championship

Stoke City Vs Plymouth

Speaking to a Stoke fan about this game and he reckons the players have just given in for the season since they are unable to make the play-offs but will not go down either.Although last week's 3-1 defeat away at Derby County doesn't read too bad,they have also lost to 18th placed Gillingham, 19th placed Cardiff City and 24th(Bottom Placed) Rotherham United in recent weeks.

Plymouth,on the other hand,have found a bit of form at the right time of the season with wins at fellow strugglers Watford and Nottingham Forest in recent weeks and 2 clean sheets into the bargain.By all acounts, they played some very nice football at the City Ground last week and I take them at 11/4 to head back down the road with another 3 points to guarentee their safety in the division for another season.

Coca-Cola League One

Bristol City Vs Wrexham

If there is a set of fans in the English leagues with any more delusions of grandeur than Bristol City fans then I have yet to meet them.They all believe that just because Bristol is a large city that it has to have a big name football team and seem to moan at the slightest thing.

Their fans might well be moaning even more today as I can see Wrexham taking all 3 points from them in their fight to stay in League One for next season.There is no doubt that all the off-field struggles at the Racecourse was affecting the players earlier in the season but it looks like manager Dennis Smith has decided to just go gung ho and have a real go at teams,placing premium on attacking and hoping they score more than their opponents.Given that their hosts find scoring difficult to come by at the best of times(Whatever happened to that young boy Miller they signed but didn't play?..) 7/2 on Wrexham and goal machine Juan Ugarte winning this one is a price worth taking in my opinion.

Chesterfield Vs Bournmouth

A 1-0 home defeat by league leaders Luton put Bournmouth out of the play-off picture in 7th place at present but with 5 wins on the bounce Away from Home they can beat a Chesterfield side who look to be safe and playing out time this season.Irrespective of that fact,I would still have wanted to be with the Cherries anyway and at 6/4 they look a cracking bet to get back into to the Top 6(especially with Sheffield Wednesday losing last night).

Scottish League One

Clyde Vs Falkirk

Before the team news came through that Clyde were missing some key players I wanted to make Falkirk my bet of the weekend and at 6/4 they have to be bet accordingly.We may already have won the league but if anyone for one second believes we will take things easier today then they obviously have never met John Hughes.He will not settle for any "non-triers" today and even if he does decided to rejig the side a little we should still hold far too many guns for the Bully Wee today.

Partick Thistle Vs St.Johnstone

I wasn't going to bet in this game but the fact that St.Johnstone have appointed Owen Coyle as their new manager and the negative press that Thistle have picked up in recent days tips the balance in favour of the Away side.

Saints did create a few chances against both us and Clyde in recent weeks but didn't take any of them and with better finishing today they can take advantage of a Thistle side which lacks any heart or fight to battle for points.If they get the first goal(St.Johnstone) then I can see this being a stroll for them and they are a nice price at around 8/5.

Best of luck with whatever you back today..

Steven

The Trainbairn

Archived