TNA General

Holly's still on the go? Would love to see a return to wwe.

I can't see WWE rehiring him seeing as they fired him for being boring and shit.

I don't get the Holly love-in. He was boring as f**k when serious. When he was the 'straight man' in the team with Crash he was quality mind. According to one of Foley's books, the guy is a bit of a mentalist in that he was highly strung and very easy to wind up, which they frequently did. Not quite as funny as the story of when Stone Cold and Foley were travelling with DDP and had a competition to see who could make him crack first.

Bob Holly has a book out. Has anyone read it?

What's going on with TNA? D-Lo Brown, Bruce Pritchard, Tara and D.O.C. have all left. D-Lo and Pritchard will be no loss at all, but D.O.C. was the only guy in Aces & 8s aside from Anderson and Ray that actually had any sort of story. It looked like he was going to turn on them fairly soon.

TNA need to sort themselves out in general. The Aces & 8s storyline has been a failure. They need to do something to remedy it, especially since it dominates The Main Event Mafia is pointless as well (Rampage Jackson was the new member in case anyone cares). It's just a vechicle for Sting to stay relevant, which is not the way to grow the company and develop new stars. They've manage to f**k the X Division. They only seem to care about it once a year now when they have the story over someone cashing the X title in for a WHC title shot, and even then Hogan was all over it. And of course Hogan is still on TV far too much. There are dreadful rumours that he is training for another match. I really hope that's nothing but internet talk.

Edited by DA Baracus

DOC's contract ran out and they didn't even realise. Not the first time this has happened, I think the same thing happened with Devon. Both were blamed on Bruce Prichard and that's why he's gone. Every chance DOC will come back (like Devon did), he presumably was going to turn face and start the Aces and EIghts downfall.

Tara was apparently the highest paid female on their roster so they cut her to shift the money elsewhere.

They should look a little higher up the chain if they want to cut the dead weight from TNA who're talking all the money. ;)

Chris Sabin is the new World Champion after last nights Impact

Hope they keep Sabin in the main event scene long term, the guys good and TNA need a bit of freshening up in that area. Aries/Roode dropped down to mid-card/tag stuff pretty rapidly after their runs so hope they change that up this time.

Roode/Aries in BFG match tonight was good, no suprise there.

The Petey Williams/Sonjay Dutt/Homicide triple threat X-Div championship qualifier match was good. They are all old hands at this type of thing and you knew they'd deliver, enjoyed that match.

The Kenny King/Chavo/Manik one was poor in comparison, probably not a bad match just felt it following the first one. Good choice of winner to go to the final in Manik though.

The MEM/Aces & 8's stuff....meh whatever.

Trent Barreta turns up with a new name and goes into another X-Div final qualifier match against Rockstar Spud and Rubix (Jigsaw in his Jigsaw outfit, with pics of Jigsaw's all over it. Stupid) This was worse than the one Manik won. Watchable i suppose but nowt special.

Skipped the Mickie James/Gail Kim segment.

Pretty poor main event, the whole match more or less was just Bully working Sabin's 'surgically repaired' knee, good to see Sabin given the strap but deserved a better match to do it in. I get that he's playing the 'against-all-odds' role here but still.

Not a great Impact, especially when they were branding it a 'PPV quality show for free'. All you need to see is in the first half hour with Roode/Aries and the first X-Div match. The main event to see Sabin get the strap i suppose but the match itself isn't worth seeing.

Edited by Christophe

Just found the time to watch Destination X.

Decent Aries/Roode match. Decent threeway between Dutt, Williams and Homicide. I hope the latter sticks around for a while and kills Chavo (storyline or in real life) and reforms the good LAX. Konnan returning would be a bit unlikely, to say the least! The other two threeways were a bit meh. I didn't realise Trent Barreta had been let go by WWE, I went onto his wiki page to check that it was him (not knowing his real name and his looks being a bit vague since it was so long) and got spoiled on the result of the Ultimate X match next week.

The main event was a bit meh too. I like Sabin, I'm glad he won and hopefully he'll get a bit more offense in the return match. Once again, MEM and Hogan were all over this shit though. Why did Sabin have to use the hammer though? So much hypocrisy about with neither Borash or Tenay condemning him for using it, despite the times Bully has used it (Hardy and Sting) it was legal (Sting's was a no holds barred, right?)

TNA is a bit of a mess, in terms of storyline right now though. (In terms of kayfabe), Tazz is just gone and I can only assume that'll just be swept under the carpet. DOC too. Fucking Bruce Prichard. I'd imagine that the next time we see Robbie E and the dude from Big Brother, they'll just not mention that Tara's gone as well. Am I right in thinking that Garrett wasn't there either? I don't remember seeing him but then, someone must've driven Angle to the "place", gotten beat up and left there when Angle drove back. Maybe that was him.

This show definitely needed Daniels and Kazarian on it, and AJ wrestling. Without those three, an episode of Impact is always going to be worse off.

Umm Taz hasn't gone has he? Not sure why he wasn't at Destination X but don't remember seeing his name amongst the TNA departures. I assumed maybe...

he'd been the driver that took Angle away

Edited by Christophe

Agree with what you are saying though, guys just dissapearing mid-story and not being mentioned, or being mentioned but brushed off as if it's nothing is just a shambles really.

Another thing that was a shambles was Brooke seemingly falling for Bully again but then getting engaged in her personal life and suddenly they adopt THAT into the story and change the direction of it all together. Some of it is a real mess right now.

Umm Taz hasn't gone has he? Not sure why he wasn't at Destination X but don't remember seeing his name amongst the TNA departures. I assumed maybe...

he'd been the driver that took Angle away

I'm pretty sure he has, for some reason I have it in my mind that the July 4th taping was his last show (so the episode after, the 11th, was the last one he'd be on).

Another thing that was a shambles was Brooke seemingly falling for Bully again but then getting engaged in her personal life and suddenly they adopt THAT into the story and change the direction of it all together. Some of it is a real mess right now.

Aw aye, that's fucking gash. No need for it.

TNA's ridiculously pish running continues.

They were doing a house show in Missouri, they had to announce that Chris Sabin, Gail Kim, Garrett Bischoff, Wes Briscoe, Miss Tessmacher and Jay Bradley wouldn't be there (presumably as advertised), they didn't receive their licenses to work the show in time.

The card was Devon vs Gunner, Bully Ray vs Storm, then Storm and Gunner vs the Dudleys. Joe vs Roode and Angle vs Hardy were also there.

To try and make up for it, they invited the fans backstage to meet the wrestlers for free. Jeff Hardy was charging $20 for a photo and wasn't giving out autographs!

They're really turning into a shambles, not having your World Champ on house shows! :lol: Only having 8 guys available for a house show.

TNA's ridiculously pish running continues.

They were doing a house show in Missouri, they had to announce that Chris Sabin, Gail Kim, Garrett Bischoff, Wes Briscoe, Miss Tessmacher and Jay Bradley wouldn't be there (presumably as advertised), they didn't receive their licenses to work the show in time.

The card was Devon vs Gunner, Bully Ray vs Storm, then Storm and Gunner vs the Dudleys. Joe vs Roode and Angle vs Hardy were also there.

To try and make up for it, they invited the fans backstage to meet the wrestlers for free. Jeff Hardy was charging $20 for a photo and wasn't giving out autographs!

They're really turning into a shambles, not having your World Champ on house shows! :lol: Only having 8 guys available for a house show.

Just reading about that elsewhere, 200-odd attendance too. Diabolical stuff.

Anytime I've seen any cards from TNA house shows, there always ends up being an 'unannounced' tag match as the main event similar to the one posted above. Is Teddy Long secretly working for them?

But TNA need to get their shit sorted out.

Just reading about that elsewhere, 200-odd attendance too. Diabolical stuff.

Is that all? I've heard 300 and 500 quoted.

They really do need to sort out their management, considering their roster they should be doing a lot better. No need to guess which three people are forcing TNA to a financial loss.

You can't really blame any one person. TNA would be where they are now LOOOOOONG before now if they had left the Impact Zone. That was the main thing that stopped them losing lots of money before.

Why have they given Bobby Roode a losing streak gimmick at the moment?

No Bad Influence is very poor. These guys are the balls. They should be on every show. They're insanely entertaining. No tag champs either for that matter, although I wasn't exactly holding back tears over the non appearance of Gunner and James Storm.

AJ is fucked. His new gimmick just isn't working at all. I reckon the best thing he could do now would be to join Bad Influence and just heel it up to f**k. They were clearly aiming for late 90s Sting with his character (because the folk writing this shit are so utterly uncreative that they continually rehash the nWO and other storylines and can't come up with anything fresh) but instead have got whiny bitch.

Just how monumentally stupid did the MEM look when they walked into that stunningly obvious trap? And the Aces & 8s plan to kidnap Angle had a slight hole in it; he was in the back of a truck that had nothing to hold him there. In other words, there was absolutely nothing to stop him just jumping over the side.

I thought the main event was poor. It was just Sabin getting the shit kicked out of him. He scored a lucky win. When Aries won the title, it was a good match and he proved that, although he's smaller, he's just as good as the bigger guys It wasn't so much 'plucky underdog fights back against larger guy and proves himself' as 'jammy wee hoor gets battered to f**k but uses a weapon to get a cheap win'. Oh and the most important title in the company. Because doing things like this worked so well for WCW.

TNA has loads of great wrestlers and good potential, but it seems that they've reverted to looking at the mistakes WCW made and, instead of avoiding them, have decided to instead copy them.

Edited to add: It's good to see JB back at the commentary table. The guy is quality.

Edited by DA Baracus