TNA General

Jesse Sorenson gone now. And he's utterly fuming about it. It was the right thing for TNA to do, as he was of no use to them, but the story is being spun as 'Wrestler who broke his neck and was promised job for life has been fired'. It sounds bad.

Maybe not a job for life but they've got a history of not paying for injured wrestlers and this seems like another instance.

It's not so bad when it's indy promotions but TNA make them sign a deal in some form (I believe they pay them a small monthly fee and then an appearance fee on top of that) so it's a lot more official than indy promotions.

It's certainly a dick move. Considering he won't be on much and there's certainly guys who should be cut before him.

Rumour has it there's a big name who'll be cut.

Maybe not a job for life but they've got a history of not paying for injured wrestlers and this seems like another instance.

It's not so bad when it's indy promotions but TNA make them sign a deal in some form (I believe they pay them a small monthly fee and then an appearance fee on top of that) so it's a lot more official than indy promotions.

It's certainly a dick move. Considering he won't be on much and there's certainly guys who should be cut before him.

Rumour has it there's a big name who'll be cut.

They haven't handled it well at all. They seem to be imploding at the moment. If WWE had interest in it, they would own the TNA video library within 10 years.

Wonder who the big name will be? Could be Sting. He's done in TNA. There is nothing left for him to do. He's a legend who's held the WHC title 5 times, was the first ever hall of famer and now can't ever wrestle for the WHC title ever again. I can hardly see him becoming an X Division guy. He's said he's always wanted a match at Wrestlemania, so maybe it will finally happen with him and Taker next year? It would be a fitting way for him to end a good career. And frankly I'm sick of him in TNA. Not as much as Hogan mind.

I wouldn't hold my breath for it being Sting. It'll probably be someone good like Aries or AJ, given they seem content on destroying the company. The public relations side is complete, they'll move onto the roster next.

They decided to do a "ask me anything" type thing via Twitter. Using the hashtag #AskDixie, you could ask her anything. Well, it didn't go well.

#AskDixie Is Booker T still coming for Hulk Hogan?

If Suicide and Homicide became a tag team, would their name be Chris Benoit? #AskDixie

#AskDixie Is it true a lot of mid-card wrestlers in TNA are considering living in North Korea, because they have a better human rights?

#AskDixie Why did you hire everyone on the cover of The Death of WCW to run your company?

I wouldn't hold my breath for it being Sting. It'll probably be someone good like Aries or AJ, given they seem content on destroying the company. The public relations side is complete, they'll move onto the roster next.

They decided to do a "ask me anything" type thing via Twitter. Using the hashtag #AskDixie, you could ask her anything. Well, it didn't go well.

#AskDixie Is Booker T still coming for Hulk Hogan?

If Suicide and Homicide became a tag team, would their name be Chris Benoit? #AskDixie

#AskDixie Is it true a lot of mid-card wrestlers in TNA are considering living in North Korea, because they have a better human rights?

#AskDixie Why did you hire everyone on the cover of The Death of WCW to run your company?

:lol:

These are brilliant! Did she dare to give any response? Alos this just shows her naievity. What did she think people would ask?!

:lol:

These are brilliant! Did she dare to give any response? Alos this just shows her naievity. What did she think people would ask?!

A Message To Fans From TNA President Dixie Carter

Hi everyone,

In the 11+ years that I have been with TNA, I am still amazed by the passion of pro wrestling fans. That passion – both positive and negative – is remarkable and something that all of us at TNA values.

With that said, I asked for questions from you like I have done many times in the past, but I didn’t provide a timeframe by which I would answer you. I know I have frustrated you all, and I apologize. Beginning next week, each Thursday, I will answer legitimate questions from you on a weekly basis. I will not, however, address outrageous or hurtful questions/posts.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to provide perspective from inside TNA – where we stand and where, with support from our current and future fans around the globe, we are going. What is being shared with you now is what was shared with the IMPACT roster before our phenomenal Destination X show from Louisville, KY last week.

This has been a big year for TNA. We took IMPACT LIVE on the road, exactly where it needs to be – where you’ve asked us to be – in your backyard. We also changed our Pay-Per-View schedule, shifting from 12 to four live Pay-Per-View events each year, in order to increase the value of these events for you. To grow TNA, these are moves that needed to be made. And, part of changes like this, includes structural changes within TNA to align with this new business model.

Many of your comments and questions reference our recent roster changes. The relationship that fans have with wrestlers is unique and one of the many great aspects of the wrestling business. And, for this reason, releasing talent is never easy – not for you and not for us. But, bringing in fresh faces and the best wrestling talent in the world is what you expect, and what TNA will always strive to deliver. Recently, we have brought back some talent favorites (Sonjay Dutt, Petey Williams and Homicide), and you will continue to see this and new talent that we are excited to introduce you to in the coming months.

TNA has always been, and will continue to be, a place where you can interact with the superstars, whether in person at a live show or via social channels, like Twitter and Facebook. We are constantly exploring new and interesting ways to take this interaction to another level, and you will see this unfold in the coming months. I appreciate each of you taking the time to share your thoughts, opinions and ideas. Your input and feedback helps us create a better product. I hope you will join us when IMPACT LIVE comes to your area.

Yours,

Dixie

Hi everyone,

In the 11+ years that I have been with TNA, I am still amazed by the passion of pro wrestling fans. That passion – both positive and negative – is remarkable and something that all of us at TNA values.

With that said, I asked for questions from you like I have done many times in the past, but I didn’t provide a timeframe by which I would answer you. I know I have frustrated you all, and I apologize. Beginning next week, each Thursday, I will answer legitimate questions from you on a weekly basis. I will not, however, address outrageous or hurtful questions/posts.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to provide perspective from inside TNA – where we stand and where, with support from our current and future fans around the globe, we are going. What is being shared with you now is what was shared with the IMPACT roster before our phenomenal Destination X show from Louisville, KY last week.

This has been a big year for TNA. We took IMPACT LIVE on the road, exactly where it needs to be – where you’ve asked us to be – in your backyard. We also changed our Pay-Per-View schedule, shifting from 12 to four live Pay-Per-View events each year, in order to increase the value of these events for you. To grow TNA, these are moves that needed to be made. And, part of changes like this, includes structural changes within TNA to align with this new business model.

Many of your comments and questions reference our recent roster changes. The relationship that fans have with wrestlers is unique and one of the many great aspects of the wrestling business. And, for this reason, releasing talent is never easy – not for you and not for us. But, bringing in fresh faces and the best wrestling talent in the world is what you expect, and what TNA will always strive to deliver. Recently, we have brought back some talent favorites (Sonjay Dutt, Petey Williams and Homicide), and you will continue to see this and new talent that we are excited to introduce you to in the coming months.

TNA has always been, and will continue to be, a place where you can interact with the superstars, whether in person at a live show or via social channels, like Twitter and Facebook. We are constantly exploring new and interesting ways to take this interaction to another level, and you will see this unfold in the coming months. I appreciate each of you taking the time to share your thoughts, opinions and ideas. Your input and feedback helps us create a better product. I hope you will join us when IMPACT LIVE comes to your area.

Yours,

Dixie

Wid.

Hi everyone,

So she won't answer questions that are in any way negative. Poor stuff.

Also if she wants to increase the value of the PPVs, it might be worthwhile to actually advertise them now and again, and perhaps build up to them and generally make a massive fuss about them.

TNA are throwing out some utter garbage right now. The storyline about Bully going to sue eveyone because he lost the title was utter w**k. It made no sense from any sort of perspective. What would he sue them for? He's a fucking wrestler. It would be idiotic for him to pursue such a case as he would leave himself open to being countersued once a precedent has been set. I know it's wrestling, but even for wrestling that was dogshit. They spent the whole show crying about it and showing Hogan and Dixie looking really concerned. They were really ramping it up. Then Hogan comes out and rips up something, and the problem is gone. Just like that. Horseshit, fucking horseshit. This is the kind of crap that ends up in amusing books detailing the fall of a company.

What makes this worse is that there was only a single poor match (Hernandez/Anderson, and that never had any hope of being anything decent) on the whole show, with all the others being good or very good. They're getting it right inside the ring, but are fucking up with the story lines and general running of it.

Also they're having yet another WHC match on free TV. Titles regularly change hands on free TV, and they wonder why no one buys their PPVs? Morons.

Edited by DA Baracus

Just managed to watch this week's Impact.

Agree about the good matches, Daniels and Joe was great, AJ and Hardy was pretty good too. Anderson and Hernandez was bearable, which surprised me. Ultimate X was alright, Trent Baretta looks decent. I can't remember his stuff from WWE but he's looked good since coming to TNA. Took a pretty sick looking suplex on the ramp in this one. How many times are they gonna have Sonjay Dutt lose title shots btw? The whole "best wrestler never to win an X-Division title" line that they always bring up is getting annoying.

And yes, the lawsuit thing is bullshit. Just more shite that they've come up with so Hogan gets the big part and the pop. Too many Dreddisms (it's a word now, deal with it) in Hogan's final speech. I wish the Judge would turn up and sentence him for his crimes against the wrestling business in the past 2 or 3 years. I also love that the cage will be there to keep Main Event Mafia and Aces & Eights out but yeah know, Lockdown this year was all cages and Aces & Eights were heavily involved there (Garrett and Wes turned, D'Lo cost someone and of course, Bubba turned when A&8 invaded the ring - from memory). So only 2 or 3 instances of Aces and Eights getting involved in cage matches then!

There was votes on the site for some matches (voting ended on the 29th, I think), these were the vote results for matches on the 1st and 8th.

The following matches will air on August 1st on Spike TV

Austin Aries vs. AJ Styles
Joseph Park vs. Jay Bradley
Hernandez vs. Bobby Roode

The following matches will air on August 8th on Spike TV
Jeff Hardy vs. Samoa Joe
Frankie Kazarian vs. Christopher Daniels
Magnus vs. Mr. Anderson

Ooft, Aries vs AJ and Kaz vs Daniels should be excellent.

Any one been seeing these #August1Warning videos? Looks like a bald dude so the main guesses are Low Ki, Bob Holly and Adam Pearce. Pearce posted on Twitter something like "how many days till August 1st" the other day and Bob Holly tweeted that it wasn't him. The videos have mentioned that it's not Batista, Jericho or Goldberg (not that it would realistically be any of those three). I guess we'll see tomorrow. (Impact is probably already been taped tbh so the spoilers might be out there)

Just managed to watch this week's Impact.

Agree about the good matches, Daniels and Joe was great, AJ and Hardy was pretty good too. Anderson and Hernandez was bearable, which surprised me. Ultimate X was alright, Trent Baretta looks decent. I can't remember his stuff from WWE but he's looked good since coming to TNA. Took a pretty sick looking suplex on the ramp in this one. How many times are they gonna have Sonjay Dutt lose title shots btw? The whole "best wrestler never to win an X-Division title" line that they always bring up is getting annoying.

And yes, the lawsuit thing is bullshit. Just more shite that they've come up with so Hogan gets the big part and the pop. Too many Dreddisms (it's a word now, deal with it) in Hogan's final speech. I wish the Judge would turn up and sentence him for his crimes against the wrestling business in the past 2 or 3 years. I also love that the cage will be there to keep Main Event Mafia and Aces & Eights out but yeah know, Lockdown this year was all cages and Aces & Eights were heavily involved there (Garrett and Wes turned, D'Lo cost someone and of course, Bubba turned when A&8 invaded the ring - from memory). So only 2 or 3 instances of Aces and Eights getting involved in cage matches then!

There was votes on the site for some matches (voting ended on the 29th, I think), these were the vote results for matches on the 1st and 8th.

The following matches will air on August 1st on Spike TV

Austin Aries vs. AJ Styles

Joseph Park vs. Jay Bradley

Hernandez vs. Bobby Roode

The following matches will air on August 8th on Spike TV

Jeff Hardy vs. Samoa Joe

Frankie Kazarian vs. Christopher Daniels

Magnus vs. Mr. Anderson

Ooft, Aries vs AJ and Kaz vs Daniels should be excellent.

Any one been seeing these #August1Warning videos? Looks like a bald dude so the main guesses are Low Ki, Bob Holly and Adam Pearce. Pearce posted on Twitter something like "how many days till August 1st" the other day and Bob Holly tweeted that it wasn't him. The videos have mentioned that it's not Batista, Jericho or Goldberg (not that it would realistically be any of those three). I guess we'll see tomorrow. (Impact is probably already been taped tbh so the spoilers might be out there)

Wrestling ruined the point and effect of cage matches long ago. They're little more than a gimmick now.

I've never even heard of this August1Warning things.

Also if TNA pushed their PPVs as hard as they push the UK shows (it's August and we're STILL getting adverts about it), they might sell a few more.

Regarding the August 1st stuff;

Green Monster had it right! Seemingly he has yet to mention a single thing about TNA on his social media outlets. TNA seem to be in panic mode at the moment. I fully expect a KISS concert on an upcoming Impact, followed by the debut of the KISS Starchild character. He'd probably win the X Division title.

What fucking nonsense.

How much will he (and Jackson and King Mo) be on? After a bunch of releases, they sign a non-wrestler? What fucking shite. I know the cost will be split with Bellator somehow but when they do use these guys as wrestlers then they'll need to train them. Whereas if they paid guys like Joey Ryan, they'd be able to put them straight into matches (or a lot quicker).

As for the show, two great matches in Sabin/Manic and AJ/Aries

Botched finish in AJ/Aries though.

Good episode, 2 really great matches and a couple of meh ones. Not that much Hogan (if any) which is always a plus.

I'm interested in the stip in the MEM offer.

Total Non-stop Failing seem determined to fill up chapters in the book ‘The Death Of TNA’ at the moment.

Whilst last night’s episode of Impact was perfectly enjoyable with good matches (and one very good match), there were numerous issues that just highlight the incompetence of those running the place.

Firstly, they wonder why no one buys their PPVs. The answer is obvious; why should they when everything seems to happen on free TV. The first meeting of Aries and AJ should have built up and shown on the next PPV. It could still have been a regular (i.e. no stipulations) match and still a BFG series match, but they’ve just given it away for free on TV. They could have built it up for a few weeks and let them have a 15 minute match on PPV. Also they had a champion vs champion match, and in the midcard. Not only are they treating their WH champ as a midcarder now, but they’ve given away another match that could have been built up for PPV. And why should people buy PPVs when title changes happen often on free TV. In fact both the X and WHC title changed hands on the same night, on free TV. Ridiculous stuff.

The whole August 1st warning stuff turned out to be pish. No one gives a f**k about Tito Ortiz, which is why he’s in Bellator now. Bellator is very much the TNA to UFC’s WWE. He and Jackson are scheduled to fight on a Bellator event next month I think, so they’re using TNA to build it up more, but the problem is is that they’re both over the hill in terms of MMA. Silly, silly stuff, and historically it’s been shown that fans hate it when things that are built up turn out to be so shit.

The adverts they run at the bottom of the screen, although meant for US audiences, still show Bully Ray as the champion. Either this is lazy or they’ve thought that there’s no point changing it since he’ll be winning the title back at Hardcore Justice. Sabin is a poor champ. He’s a decent wrestler but he simply doesn’t cut it as the WH champ. The fact that he’s not the focus, as I believe the WHC should be, says it all. Plus his win came pretty much out of nowhere, with little build up.

Also why didn’t the MEM just challenge Aces & 8s to a winner takes all (i.e. losing team must disband and/or f**k off) match? We all know that Jackson will be the guy pinned after Ortiz runs in. Boring. And a massive waste of money.

And Aces & 8s have failed. They’re just another crap attempt at an now type group, and are the latest failure at it. Brisco, Bischoff and Knux have done f**k all for weeks. Get them to f**k. Just get Aces & 8s to f**k.

And it seems that TNA have given up on the tag team division. Poor, poor stuff.

Edited by DA Baracus

Where the hell is Tazz, his shit was clearly pre-recorded elsewhere and next weeks impact was taped on the same night so i'm assuming he wont be around next thursday either. That's a whole month off commentary in tv terms by missing two tapings. And what the f**k was that segment about?? August1 guy sends a limo with a laptop in it with the video everyone has already seen to drive around the arena and hope that someone from TNA happens to be hanging around outside the building!! My brain is hurting here.

The Park/Abyss stuff was going nowhere. Actually glad they've relegated it to comedy skits with EY.

A month ago Sabin vs Manik would have been card opening stuff and now we've to believe these are the top two guys in the company? Champion vs Champion? Well done TNA, your titles now have zero kudos. The match was good, don't get me wrong, but not buying what it was billed as.

Quite enjoyed Kim-ODB, hope they give these two a decent feud. ODB is wasted reffing, get her involved with Kim/James.

Aries-AJ was excellent, more of these solid matches with the talent that you have at your disposal please TNA (i mean, why the hell have these guys never gone before?)

August1 - I'd be surprised if Ortiz even gets involved wrestling, for me he's there to sell the Ortiz-Jackson PPV and nothing else. Bellator's summer series is done and they don't start back on tv til late autumn and with this being their first ever PPV, Impact will be their sole opportunity to get these guys on tv to give the hard sell.

Impact isn't going to see gain anything long term from these mma guys.

So frustrated with this company right now.

Oh and in case anyone missed it, Kurt Angle got another DUI last week.

Talking of Angle, he comes across as so massively smug in his MEM guise that he's like a heel. The MEM is terrible.

Where the hell is Tazz, his shit was clearly pre-recorded elsewhere and next weeks impact was taped on the same night so i'm assuming he wont be around next thursday either. That's a whole month off commentary in tv terms by missing two tapings. And what the f**k was that segment about?? August1 guy sends a limo with a laptop in it with the video everyone has already seen to drive around the arena and hope that someone from TNA happens to be hanging around outside the building!! My brain is hurting here.

Oh aye, meant to mention that. They didn't explain why Hogan banned Tazz from the building, not a single word about it from Hogan. So much for his teflon contract, why didn't they do this like 3 months ago or whenever he turned?

And why does he not wear sunglasses outdoors in wherever they were but he wears them indoors when he's on commentary? Is Tazz some sort of reverse vampire or something?

These questions need answered, IMO.

Oh aye, meant to mention that. They didn't explain why Hogan banned Tazz from the building, not a single word about it from Hogan. So much for his teflon contract, why didn't they do this like 3 months ago or whenever he turned?

And why does he not wear sunglasses outdoors in wherever they were but he wears them indoors when he's on commentary? Is Tazz some sort of reverse vampire or something?

These questions need answered, IMO.

Maybe 'Ask Dixie'?

Good points though. Aces & 8s are supposed to be some sort of renegade badass group, yet they are so un-badass that they couldn't even open a door for their brother, despite claiming that their group is all about family etc. These are strong, muscular guys; could one of them seriously have not exerted enough pressure on a bar to open an emergency exit or something? Or since they are so anti-authority, couldn't they just have battered the old, fat security guards?

It reminded me of Jericho not being able to get to the ring. At least the Jericho segment was meant to be funny.

Tazz may or may not be a reverse vampire, but he certainly is reverse good at the moment.

Edited by DA Baracus

Taz is now fine it seems. Back on announcing duties. What a bizarre piece of nonsense.

Good to see Roode with Bad Influence. Also thought what he did to Magnus was inventive, something I thought TNA were incapable of. His character has suddenly been rejuvenated and hopefully he can go on. Before he got with Aries, he was dull as f**k, so hopefully being with the best tag team in wrestling will be good for him. I can't see how it won't. Their plan is a good one.

The recap thing they do is quite irritating, but in it there was a pretty good AJ Styles promo where he explained a lot of his actions and what he was up to. It was wasted though, being in the middle of a shit segment. If they had him come to ring and deliver that it would be have been quality.

The tag champs aren't dead! They actually had a match last night. Unfortunately whilst they aren't dead, they are shit. Also it seems that either the X Division guys are on the show or the tag champs are; it's never both at the moment.

If there was any doubt that Bully won't be winning the title back on the Hardcore Justice Impact, it was announced that if he doesn't win the title then he can never challenge for it ever again.

Talking of Hardcore Justice, it looks pretty immense. So far we have;

Cage Match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Chris Sabin © vs Bully Ray - Bully Ray cannot challenge for the WHC ever again if he loses

10 Man Tag Team Match

Aces & 8s (Garrett Bischoff, Devon, Mr Anderson, Knux and Wes Brisco) vs The Main Event Mafia (Kurt Angle, Rampage Jackson, Magnus, Sting and Samoa Joe) - The man pinned must leave TNA

BFG Series Ladder match

Austin Aries vs AJ Styles vs Jeff Hardy vs Kazarian - The winner gets 20 points in the BFG series

BFG Series Tables Match

Mr Anderson vs Bobby Roode vs Magnus vs Samoa Joe - The winner gets 20 points in the BFG series

Knockouts Tornado Tag Team Match

Mickie James and Gail Kim vs Velvet Sky and ODB

I'm not bothered about the Knockouts match, but the other 4 matches look tremendous, the ladder match especially. Yet as good as this will be, it will all be on free TV. Why not have this sort of stuff on PPV, and build it up for a while? No wonder no one buys their PPVs when they have shows this good for free. They really would be as well just scrapping PPVs if they're going to continue putting on free shows like this.

Also it's glaringly obvious that Ortiz will cause Jackson to lose the pinfall in the 10 man tag match.