TNA General

If Jarrett has had anything to do with Dixie Carter being an onscreen character, then good fucking riddance.

He was a decent heel mind. He also stuck to the stipulation of having to leave TNA when he lost that match in 2011.

He's the most bland heel ever. Never, EVER cared about anything that happened with him.

Not in his latter TNA days, his feud with Angle which led to his exile was fantastic. I've seen love for it before on here (think it was Marshmallo), but his MMA gimmick was immense.

Thanks a fucking lot FSM for printing the result of the main event of the Impact that is to be shown on Challenge on the 5th of January. Really poor thing to do and quite surprising. I hate spoilers so never look them up but to put that in the middle of the article is poor. Not even Nick Aldis himself put any spoilers in his column.

Ha the first ever episode of Impact was quality. Ken Shamrock won the NWA title in a Battle Royal that featured Abyss (called something else I can't remember but looking in far better shape than he ever has as Abyss), R Truth (called something pish I can't remember), Scott Hall, Brian Christopher/Lawler (Grandmaster Sexay) Buff Bagwell, Konnan, Jeff Jarrett and assorted jobbers who are nowhere to be seen now.

It also featured the opening match of AJ Styles, Jerry Lynn and Low Ki vs The Flying Elvis' (who included Jimmy Wang Yan). The Elvis' won. Ed Ferrara was on commentary and looked like the lead singer of Korn. And was a dick.

Jeremy Borash was the ring announcer and looked comical with typical early 00's hair with dyed blond highlights.

Micky James was among one of the ladies paraded for the Women's Match that was to be on the next episode.

It was a quality show but clearly had all the touches that made latter days WCW a massive bag of shite. If this wasn't a debut show for a new company, it would (and should) have bombed due to how much of a pastiche of WCW it was. I will add that in a refreshing move, the commentators weren't afraid to say when a guy had been in WCW, WWF or ECW as well as saying what they were previously called.

Edited by DA Baracus

It also featured the opening match of AJ Styles, Jerry Lynn and Low Ki vs The Flying Elvis' (who included Jimmy Wang Yan). The Elvis' won. Ed Ferrara was on commentary and looked like the lead singer of Korn. And was a dick.

I will add that in a refreshing move, the commentators weren't afraid to say when a guy had been in WCW, WWF or ECW as well as saying what they were previously called.

That match is on a DVD my brother loaned me which was the Best of the X-Division (though it was only for the first few years), I really enjoyed it.

Yeah, I recall a lot of that during that DVD. I like it, I can see why they don't but I dig it. I think it's worse when they say that someone's a multiple time world champion, as they're admitting there's other places but don't name the companies?

Not in his latter TNA days, his feud with Angle which led to his exile was fantastic. I've seen love for it before on here (think it was Marshmallo), but his MMA gimmick was immense.

I seem to remember him doing a skit where he visited a kids karate class and had them all tapping out. Was pretty funny.

FSM published that Magnus beats AJ in a title unification match. Think it's on the Impact that will air on Sunday. They taped a whole bunch coa they're touring the UK in January, including an Impact taping in Glasgow.

So on the episode where Magnus wins the DixieLand match they start off the show with Dixie and Spud lamenting how Spud failed to get the world title belt back from AJ and wondering what they were going to present to the new champion. Then proceed to the main event with the belt hung above the ladder. Did i miss something or did they just ridiculously brush over that?

Edited by Christophe