Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

What was in place before the Corporation/the Authority? Their presence seems pretty tired. It'd be nice if there was something else there for wrestlers to kick against.

Anyway. I've just watched Vinnie K booting Roman Reigns in his groin and it's been a pretty good episode so far. This is what I want from Reigns - a beautiful, silent killing machine.

You could argue that Bryan did towards the end of his planned story. The only reason the Authority went back over then was because he got injured and had to vacate. Had he been healthy of course, we've no idea what their plans were, but he ended fairly well up on the authority.

It very well could be the end though. Certainly an interesting point, and doing a bit of fantasy booking, there's several really epic storylines you could do with it leading up to Wrestlemania. But the downside is always going to be what replaces it. I don't trust them to fully follow through with something. Last time they destroyed the authority, they were back as soon as Rollins forced Cena to do it while threatening Edge. Would they really do it for good?

If Bryan does have to retire, or even go more part-time, then they could do far, far worse than to bring him in as a face general manager. By all means have a heel element, but take it back to something different. And it would keep a very talented performer who is probably still going to be massively over in the company, rather than losing him to the indies.

One of the worst storylines ever.