Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Absolutely delighted Shane is back. I doubt he'll be going up against Taker at Wrestlemania though. I think he'll nominate someone to represent him in the same way Vince has selected his opponent. The Rock?....

Vince and Shane vs the Authority in a power struggle would be an awesome storyline.

Sort of called it!.... :)

The ratings and stocks comment was a pretty damning self-analysis of the state of the company at the moment to be honest and I'm surprised Vince gave it the go ahead to be used on TV given it's not a storyline reason....could have easily been replaced with 'absuing your power, etc'. Quite close to the knuckle for a company which is absolutely never self-critical in public.

Vince loves his talent going close to the bone. He can hardly complain about things Shane is going to say anyways though - considering his retorts were basically saying that Stephanie was his favourite child. If that's not close to the bone, I dunno what is.

The McMahon's are good when it comes to 'edginess' tbf.

The ratings and stocks comment was a pretty damning self-analysis of the state of the company at the moment to be honest and I'm surprised Vince gave it the go ahead to be used on TV given it's not a storyline reason....could have easily been replaced with 'absuing your power, etc'. Quite close to the knuckle for a company which is absolutely never self-critical in public.

I think it's more to do with them using what the Internet community say about the company rather than it being close to the bone.

There may be some truth in it but I didn't take it to be them throwing themselves under the bus, more them pandering to their audiences thoughts, which judging by the crowd reaction they did exactly that.

why or how could they have taker as a heel in what is most likely his last match? It makes more sense than what creative will have. As I said thinking outside the box.

Is it though? I think it's less likely that it is his last match than it is at this point. A Taker retirement match is an opportunity to break records - that will add to buy rates but there's not even been a mention of that being the case. I can't see this being his last year purely due to the build up although I suppose you never can tell with WWE.

Caught the first half hour of last night's show and thought it was really good. Like I said in a previous post, I can't remember Shane-O-Mac from when I watched it as a boy and he doesn't really mean anything to me but that worked-shoot promo was good.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is how they continue to mine the past rather than come up with new stuff and promote new talent.

Is it though? I think it's less likely that it is his last match than it is at this point. A Taker retirement match is an opportunity to break records - that will add to buy rates but there's not even been a mention of that being the case. I can't see this being his last year purely due to the build up although I suppose you never can tell with WWE.

Concurred. They'll hype to f**k Taker's last match. At the very least it will be a 'Career Threatening Match' ala Flair and HBK.

I still think Taker will flip and end up representing Shane, with a heel going up against him for the Authority. Only problem is that there's not really any really good heels out there for him to go up against. Their top ones are probably Owens (he'll be defending the IC) and Lesnar (already done, and he's facing Ambrose). Like Jamie says, he's advertised for RAW now, so should become clearer next week.

It'd be a repeat, but this is where having HHH free would've been good. Not the most original, but the story would write itself, and it'd be a Wrestlemania worthy match.

Edited by forameus

I still think Taker will flip and end up representing Shane, with a heel going up against him for the Authority. Only problem is that there's not really any really good heels out there for him to go up against. Their top ones are probably Owens (he'll be defending the IC) and Lesnar (already done, and he's facing Ambrose). Like Jamie says, he's advertised for RAW now, so should become clearer next week.

It'd be a repeat, but this is where having HHH free would've been good. Not the most original, but the story would write itself, and it'd be a Wrestlemania worthy match.

They'll probably fire him in to the main event and have the old 'a McMahon in every corner' pish again (Mania 2000 represent!).

They'll probably fire him in to the main event and have the old 'a McMahon in every corner' pish again (Mania 2000 represent!).

I watched that not that long ago. The Stone Cold vs the Rock part was actually a pretty good match I thought, the Triple Threat once Big Show was out was OK too. Far too over-booked in the end. The idea was alright, execution was dreadful.

Maybe Sting isn't as fucked up as initially thought, and Shane will bring him up to play the face to Undertakers "heel". I don't think its the Undertaker as a heel that's the big issue - he could play it, and very effectively. It's the fact that by doing that, he's aligning with the authority effectively. Why would he do that? Sure they could have him come out next week and spin a line about how McMahon has promised him something if he wins, but would it be believable?

I watched that not that long ago. The Stone Cold vs the Rock part was actually a pretty good match I thought, the Triple Threat once Big Show was out was OK too. Far too over-booked in the end. The idea was alright, execution was dreadful.

Maybe Sting isn't as fucked up as initially thought, and Shane will bring him up to play the face to Undertakers "heel". I don't think its the Undertaker as a heel that's the big issue - he could play it, and very effectively. It's the fact that by doing that, he's aligning with the authority effectively. Why would he do that? Sure they could have him come out next week and spin a line about how McMahon has promised him something if he wins, but would it be believable?

Austin wasn't at Mania 2000 (main event was HHH vs Rock vs Foley vs Show).

Taker doesn't have to be a heel if he really will be facing Shane. He could play the part of the guy not wanting to do it but threatened with the old 'you're fired!' schtick if he doesn't go along with it. It could be a reluctant beating he dishes out only for whatever sort of interference that happens to come along later.

Still hoping though that he faces someone else.