Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

I didn't think the asylum match was that bad.  It's not going to go down as a classic by any means, but it was fairly enjoyable for me anyway.  The Kennel from Hell and Punjabi Prison matches are more egregious examples to me.  Building a match type around a wrestler then having him not actually wrestle in it is bad enough, but the rules for the prison match were just baffling.  Think it was Brian Zane from Wrestling With Wregret that said it was a cool idea for a match with the cage within a cage, and the bamboo stuff gave it a little extra, but all the stuff about the four doors just devolved it into farce.

I was watching an old WCW PPV recently - I think it might have been Slamboree 2000 - and they had a triple-cage match. I can't remember what the rules were but I think they had to climb to the top of this three-tiered pyramid to get the belt. Chris Kanyon took a massive bump from the top, I think.

That was alright actually but would have just been better as just DDP vs JJ. Poor taste the announcers selling the Kanyon 'Awesome Bomb' bump as a legit broken back in the building Owen died in the year before though. The three tier cage was a neat idea, shame that's not been redone actually.

Edited by Christophe

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Think my favourite cage match was Austin v McMahon where if i mind right Austin had to win to go to the Rumble that year. Was Big Shows debut when he flung him through the side.

It happened after the Rumble and Austin had to win to go to Wrestlemania XV.

My favourite was the first America's Most Wanted vs Triple X tag match. Think that was TNA's first cage match, back when they were putting on some great stuff. Cage was actually used properly, to escalate a bloody feud and keep other interested parties out, brilliantly done. A lot of people say the rematch was better but I felt they went too spotty on that. 

Edited by Christophe

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Think my favourite cage match was Austin v McMahon where if i mind right Austin had to win to go to the Rumble that year. Was Big Shows debut when he flung him through the side.

Vince took a horrible bump off the edge of a table, or the ring apron if I remember XD

Guest bernardblack
Nah. Top of the cage through the announce table. He actually bounced on the fucker as it broke. Incredible bump.

I vividly remember that bump and the finish, but how did that not win him the match again??