Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

They have the most warped sense of encouraging talent I've ever came across. They want their talent to stretch boundaries, challenge Vince if they believe he's wrong and 'reach for that brass ring' but whether it gets you over or not is irrelevant, if Vince doesn't agree that's it, you're forced out.

Pretty much encourages wrestlers to play it safe.

On 9/28/2016 at 09:44, Ludo*1 said:

I love Foley but I do get the distinct impression he's ruining his legacy some what in this role. I thought he'd be amazing at it but he's just shite.

He comes off passionate at times doing the big speeches. But yeah, you can tell he is massively restricted in what he is allowed to do. Huge difference from 2000 to this. It's nto the man: listen to him on a podcast or see him at a live show, he's still hilarious and engaging. It's the restraints of the environment. 

That match does not have a place on the already stacked HIAC PPV. Big build towards Survivor Series I guess. The PPV has been a dud for so long anyway I'd rather it be on that than one of the other big ones. Goldberg has always said he's wanted to have his son see him wrestle and it also gets Lesnar back in the spotlight in the lead up to the crucial months of the wrestling year so I'm fine with it.

Goldberg has wrestled for some smalltime independent companies in the states on and off. He's still in good shape and I imagine he'll be committed for the match this time.