Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Guest bernardblack

Funny feeling Owens wins the briefcase via shenanigans and we get Braun vs owens for the title down the line. 

Probs have to add Reigns into that because...Reigns 

To be honest, I want Reigns to win.  At least then you have someone who is there and can run stories with.  Lesnar used to be this massive attraction, and I genuinely looked forward to his matches.  But now he's put on the same match for what seems like decades, and it's no longer interesting.  Frustrating too, because it's clear that if he really fancies it, he could put on a brilliant match.

I want them to take a leaf out of NXTs book at the end of Summerslam.  Presumably Lesnar/Reigns goes on last, and presumably Reigns finally wins.  But even if he doesn't, whatever result you get is going to get booed out of the building.  Put up the wee advertising board, which usually means the end, and then just when you think they're about to fade to black...

BRAAAAAAAAAAAUN!  Or just have him appear, standing behind the winner as he raises the belt.  The pop would be massive, and it gets the title away from both shitty options.  

So what was the chant last night?  We Want Roman or We Want Strowman?  I've seen reports of both.  Vince will be fucking delighted if it's the former, they've finally managed to do it through sheer bloody mindedness.

They've resorted to paying Lesnar loads of money and not having him on TV just to try and get Roman cheered. 

They still don't get it. Even if he was cheered against Lesnar, he won't be cheered against other folk.

I watched raw for the first time in a while last week and reigns has actually improved in the ring but the way he's booked just means he won't be cheered. Best thing they could do is turn him into a proper heel but they won't. As long as merchandise is getting shifted they are happy to put on a sub par show.

22 hours ago, TheGoon said:

I don’t understand why they don’t attempt to do a Rock. Have him be a heel for a while, then turn him when people begin liking him.

That's what surprises me.  I know they don't really care about bad reaction given the money will keep rolling in, but the only thing people with a lot of money like is having more money.  Reigns is marketable, no doubt about it, and I think he could end up being more marketable if they do some kind of turn, even if it's towards a more popular heel, then turn him back once people like him again.  Just seems like they'd have an easier time across the board doing that - more popular faces going up against him, better matches, seems a far better fit for him as a person.

52 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Modern wrestling fans don’t deserve heel turns anyway. People would just cheer whatever he did to turn heel then cheer him anyway.

You know that this sort of stuff has been going on for years and isn't confined to 'modern wrestling fans'? Take the previously mentioned Rock. As Rocky Maivia he was booed out of the building all the time.

I’m not even sure they need to turn Reigns heel. They just need to build him as the unstoppable fighter that he is. It’s pointless having him as the constant underdog when you know he’s going to get it done.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

I’m not even sure they need to turn Reigns heel. They just need to build him as the unstoppable fighter that he is. It’s pointless having him as the constant underdog when you know he’s going to get it done.

Fans just don't buy him.

It didn't do him any favours that he was 'protected' last night by Angle keeping him out of the tag match with Rollins. Makes him seem like the golden boy he was accusing Lesnar of being, as well as being a bit of a pussy.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Fans just don't buy him.

It didn't do him any favours that he was 'protected' last night by Angle keeping him out of the tag match with Rollins. Makes him seem like the golden boy he was accusing Lesnar of being, as well as being a bit of a pussy.

Making him the kayfabe golden boy would work as well tbf.