Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

I'd be genuinely furious if Taker had his last ever match with Cena.

Kane or Sting make the most sense - but rightfully, neither of those are the most attractive of options as the match wouldn't be the best.

It'd have been a perfect way to get the whole Wyatt family over. Something like Taker getting the win, but something cheesy, with Taker acknowledging the crowd before the Wyatt family drag him off to 'Hell' or something like that, but they blew that one.

Taker vs another 'old timer' such as The Rock or Triple H again whilst it'd create a lot of hype, I just wouldn't see the point.

With Cena it's scraping the barrel and I'd be furious, but it looks like it's all they have because they've blown every other opportunity.

I'd be genuinely furious if Taker had his last ever match with Cena.

Kane or Sting make the most sense - but rightfully, neither of those are the most attractive of options as the match wouldn't be the best.

It'd have been a perfect way to get the whole Wyatt family over. Something like Taker getting the win, but something cheesy, with Taker acknowledging the crowd before the Wyatt family drag him off to 'Hell' or something like that, but they blew that one.

Taker vs another 'old timer' such as The Rock or Triple H again whilst it'd create a lot of hype, I just wouldn't see the point.

With Cena it's scraping the barrel and I'd be furious, but it looks like it's all they have because they've blown every other opportunity.

I'm on the opposite side. Not a huge Cena fan, but I think with the right build (of course, that's a big if) they could make it really work. Who else is there that can really go up against realistically for that proper last match feel? The Rock I can't see. Triple H has been done too many times. Lesnar has been done too many times. Orton? Maybe, but it's a bit meh. Wyatts? Too many times, and what they've already done was hardly sparkling. Sting? Would've been great, but he's done by the looks of it.

One youtube channel I look at a lot suggested possibly Balor to have the Deadman vs the Demon gimmick battle. That could definitely work, and it would let Undertaker end his career on his back, as he will no doubt want to do. That would really benefit Balor, same can't be said for if Cena goes over. Maybe Owens if he doesn't get Lesnar?

Short answer, there just isn't really too many credible opponents. If Cena is going to be back in time, and if he's healthy enough (which looks debatable) then it's a decent option.

Just read a report that Roman-Hunter is the main event whether it's for the title or just a singles match. Cena-Taker could still happen if Cena comes back early from his injury. Lesnar is involved in the other main event whether that's for the title or a singles match. Basically means Triple H/Roman/Lesnar is winning the rumble.