Smackdown Thread

This is exactly why I never started a WrestleMania thread, crazy booking, no idea what's going on. Miz/Cena tore each other apart it was brilliant. Wish it was a singles feud.

I can only assume Shane will now have to give Randy Orton his shot back which will lead to AJ vs Shane & Orton vs Wyatt. 

I laughed a bit too much when JBL was advertising Cena/Nikki vs Ellsworth/Carmella as an inter species match.  

Nikki Bella is abysmal. Can't stand her. Get her to f**k.

Please, please, please, please don't have AJ vs Shane, or indeed anyone vs Shane, or indeed Shane in any capacity. It would be a monumental waste of AJ Styles to have him in a match with Shane. Plus Shane is fucking awful and can get the f**k to f**k, the fucking c**t. 

I am seething.

:lol:

While I'd rather not have Shane vs AJ (I don't really see the point) I'd be up for Shane being in a sideshow match.  He's not a technical wrestler, he's just a stunt monkey really.  Have him go up against someone in a spot fest if they really want him on the card.  Or just don't have him there - it really isn't necessary just to give Styles something to do.

Shane's shitshow matches might have worked in 2000/01, but now he's an older guy it's just sad. We all know that he'll get battered, make some kind of weapon assisted comeback, get battered again then fall/jump off something high.

Pish. Fucking pish. He's a dick and he's shite. Hopefully Kurt Angle throws him through some glass again, but it's even tougher glass, and takes 10 goes instead of 2, and Shane gets burst to f**k and fucks the f**k off forever, the wee p***k.

f**k Shane.

Shane was a terrific hardcore wrestler. About... say... 15 years ago. He was never a great normal match kind of guy, and is anyone else getting the feeling that's the type of match he'd have with Shane McMahon?

As for in a spotfest match, he's had those since then, and they were boring shitfests because he simply isn't as good at it anymore. It wouldn't be a good side attraction because it simply wouldn't be good.

Yeah, I do agree to a point.  But if they're intent on putting him on the card, I'd rather see him in that kind of match than something more wrestling based.  Most of all I'd rather he just didn't have a match though.  The thought of him having a normal one-on-one match with AJ Styles, regardless of how good a worker AJ is, just isn't appealing in the slightest.  

Loved the opening segment. Though I'm not sure if that being the match I'm most hyped for at so far WrestleMania is a good thing. I'm not a fan of the Wyatt mythical nonsense, so did not like the closing seg. 

Weekly reminder Alexa Bliss is great.

I watched the clips WWE put up of the Styles/Harper match, and the opening and closing segments.

Still not sure what they're planning with Styles.  They seem to be going in two different directions - building a match with Shane but still having him win.  Doesn't really make sense at the moment, but presume they're just putting wrinkles in the road so it's not just 4 weeks of nothing before we get to WM.  Styles also didn't exactly wow on Talking Smack.  Falling all over the place over his words.  Lucky you're a dreamboat AJ...

Cena/Miz has the potential to be absolutely brilliant.  Cena is really rising up to be better on the mic, losing the happy-go-lucky stuff he used to have and giving serious, impassioned promos.  Miz is dragging even better out of him.  They're right to tap into the real world issues with Cena, but I'm still surprised they're doing it.  I'm not sure what the match will get by being mixed tag though.  Maryse isn't brilliant on the mic, wasn't really convinced by her in that respect.  She's still better than Nikki though.  Only question now is whether they go all out Wrestlemania and get Bryan involved too.  Surely they have to with the story they've been telling between him and Miz.

The closing segment...I still don't get it.  Not one bit.  If they're trying to do a double turn, that would've been perfect, but I'm not sure they are.  We've seen with Enzo Amore that they seem to have their moral compass a little off when it comes to faces, but burning down a guys house (with his dead sister buried underneath apparently) while he's in tears in the ring doesn't really strike me as a big face pop.  It was definitely something different, and a great visual, but it just doesn't make sense at this point.  Why did he give up his title shot 2 weeks ago if he knew he was going to do this?  Where does it leave him given they've just changed the number one contender?  Is Wyatt a face now?  Does Harper side with either of them?  What's going on?

Imagine if Randy went up to Shane and said "I was just kidding about giving up my shot at Mania to trick Bray, so I'm in the Main Event aye?" to which Shane, look of incredulity upon his wee dickhead face replies, "Eh nah pal, sorry, that was all legally binding. You'll be in the Andre Battle Royal and won't be winning it".

Most likely he'll challenge Styles at some point for the number 1 contendership.

4 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

I'm thinking Randy Orton says "I want my title shot back" which then leads to Shane removing AJ Styles, which leads to the matches we were expecting. Rocket science, this ain't.

Or Shane says you can face someone better and the lights go out and the dead mans dongs begin to sound.