Smackdown Thread

Don't like the exclusive PPV thing. I don't agree about holding the two MITB matches on another PPV. There's no reason why they couldn't just have that PPV with both rosters. It'd make perfect sense, and has always been a PPV that people look forward to. There's no reason to dump it.

Yeah, I'd far rather they just dual branded it.  It's one of the better stip-only PPVs, but if it's a choice between sacking it and putting the matches elsewhere (with both brands) or having it brand-only, I'd rather they did the former.  But the much better option would be just to have both rosters there.  

SmackDown hype train rolls on as next week we have a FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE match between Natalya & Nikki Bella.

And now, thanks to Randy Orton not wanting to face Bray Wyatt.... We have a #1 Contender battle royal match, winner faces Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania. Hoping this leads to Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton vs AJ Styles :wub:.

6 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

SmackDown hype train rolls on as next week we have a FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE match between Natalya & Nikki Bella.

And now, thanks to Randy Orton not wanting to face Bray Wyatt.... We have a #1 Contender battle royal match, winner faces Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania. Hoping this leads to Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton vs AJ Styles :wub:.

To be fair to them, they've pulled a bit of a swerve with Orton.  Everyone was saying how predictable it was that we'd see the tearing apart of the Wyatt Family because of this, and while we still could, having Orton sacrifice his shot is something not many saw coming I imagine.

Bit shit having a Battle Royal though, as they're rarely good.  Makes sense I guess given that it's essentially Royal Rumble 2.  

Orton will still be cashing in his Rumble win. They'll figure out some silly storyline to make sure this happens, maybe even as early as next week. He could interrupt the Battle Royal and batter everyone, having the match called off.

He's a Viper as they say, a snake by nature. The storyline will be that he wanted to destroy the Wyatt Family, and he's already managed to turn Harper against Bray. He can say he'll finish off the job by taking the title from Bray at Mania. 

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

They wouldn't be stupid enough to do that. Would they?

200.gif#10

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Orton will still be cashing in his Rumble win. They'll figure out some silly storyline to make sure this happens, maybe even as early as next week. He could interrupt the Battle Royal and batter everyone, having the match called off.

He's a Viper as they say, a snake by nature. The storyline will be that he wanted to destroy the Wyatt Family, and he's already managed to turn Harper against Bray. He can say he'll finish off the job by taking the title from Bray at Mania. 

Putting my booking hat on, what if the plan is to try and get a triple threat of some sort?  For sake of argument, let's say Styles wins this Battle Royal (because that would be nice).  We're then set up for Styles vs Wyatt at WM...but OH NO!  Orton didn't really drop his chance, he was keeping it in reserve.  He says he's going to go into the match to make it a Triple Threat to protect Wyatt.  We then get a brilliant match, only Orton finally snaps late on, completing the turn on Wyatt and taking the title. 

Never mind that it makes f**k all sense that Orton wouldn't just do the same without the need for adding another person into the match, it's just the type of plothole that Creative love.

Edited by forameus

Yeah I'm assuming Harper will win Battle Royal and then Orton will reinsert himself into the match somehow to protect Bray making it a triple threat.

It's how I'm viewing it to be honest, Wyatt to still come out on top too.

Orton is beaten down by Harper post match or pre match during an upcoming smackdown, then tells Bray he is getting involved in the wrestlemania match in a bid to destroy Harper for him, then attempts an RKO on Wyatt at some point.