Smackdown Thread

Has to be the home straight for his career.  There's 5 or so PPV's left until (and including) Wrestlemania.  I see no reason why he couldn't be at most of those building up a final angle to culminate at WM.  Pretty cryptic stuff said last night but saw someone suggest that he start a program with Styles, win the title at the Rumble, then set up a feud with Cena for WM.  Can add in a retirement angle if they really want to go all out, but it's a nice way to get Taker vs Cena, Cena getting that title he clearly wants.  Would be a bit harsh to drop Styles so soon, but there's plenty of options for him outside of the title.

Guest bernardblack

If styles drops the title to taker at the rumble, does that mean that he has to be the guy who costs the SD team?

Basically meaning Raw will win?

Guest bernardblack
His promo seemed more human, if that makes sense than they usually did.

Definitely preparing for retirement.

I was trying to explain this to someone today, you've worded better than I managed!

He's on his way out, glad he's going to be doing it on a semi regular basis

We've heard Taker is on his way out for about 10 year now. There'll be a massive deal made of it when he is.

I personally just think he's been brought back to boost ratings at an all time low. He'll continue as long as he can contribute and even if this WM ends in a 'retirement' I don't think he's done.