Smackdown Thread

Smackdown wasn't very good this week. (The last few Raw's have suffered also with the lack of Lesnar and CM Punk)

Why has Emma been called up to the main roster instead of Paige? That segment with Emma/Santino and Summer/Fandango was a complete waste. Surely a wrestling match between Paige and Summer would have been a better choice? Ridiculous.

Smackdown wasn't very good this week. (The last few Raw's have suffered also with the lack of Lesnar and CM Punk)

Why has Emma been called up to the main roster instead of Paige? That segment with Emma/Santino and Summer/Fandango was a complete waste. Surely a wrestling match between Paige and Summer would have been a better choice? Ridiculous.

Smack down is always pish before a PPV it's all build up etc as it's shown on the Friday before the Sundays.

Quite enjoyed the Ziggler vs Del Rio math actually. Usually I fast forward Del Rio matches and so on, but I watched that one and really enjoyed.

Anyone notice one of the commentators saying 'not many people kick out of that move' after Del Rio done his kick that won the title and Ziggler kicked out? IIRC, Ziggler is the only one to be pinned after that move!

Was also great to see the Kane Shield segment at the end, I hate Kane :lol:

Hopefully ziggler gets a push now he's been a total jobber for too long. What do they actually get for winning the Andre the giant memorial? A title shot?

They win the Andre the Giant Memorial Trophy.

They win the Andre the Giant Memorial Trophy.

I heard Hulk Hogan presented it to the winner. He was said to have held it high above his head and it reportedly weighs well over 900 pounds.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd get the Smackdown chat rolling again...

Cesaro vs Big Show was a bit flat. But the way Cesaro took out Big Show after the match was incredible! That Neutralizer was insane!

I do love RVD indeed. One of the most impressive superstars ever. Sandow is a huge jobber now.

Also, what's the deal with Hogan? I assume he's going to be around for a long time.

Bad News Barrett is simply magnificent. Will be good to see where they are going with him once he gets his run really going.

Thank god Fandango got rid of Summer Rae, I hate her. I also hate Santino. Brilliant from Layla stealing the cobra. That's a great new partnership.

Pretty cool video on Paige.

Complete chaos evolves in the main event which was cool. It'll be interesting to see where this is all going and what sort of match we'll be seeing at Extreme Rules. The Shield receiving huge love for saving Daniel Bryan. If The Shield take on Evolution in a 6 man tag at Extreme Rules, who does that leave to face Bryan for the title? Definitely not Kane that would be tragic.

Anyway, good show, putting some pieces together for Extreme Rules feuds. Cesaro vs Swagger. The Shield vs Evolution (possibly). AJ Lee will likely get her rematch against Paige, which if done properly could be great. Don't particularly want to see another botched Paige Turner.

Agree with that, Orton with the more likely claim to the title rematch.

So I'd imagine the Shield vs Triple H, Batista and Kane to be the way they go with it.

Although a 4on4 Wargames down the line somewhere would be nice!

Smackdown was terrible this week. It was full of low to midcard dross.

Actually to be fair to 'Bootista' he has actually fought nearly every week since returning, much more than some other part-timers. Plus he seems to be getting better. He is still pretty rubbish but he is much better compared to when he first reappeared.