Smackdown Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Really wish they'd stop making Rollins look like such a pussy. The guy's been the best thing in it over the last 12 months but the constant whining and the need for outside interference from J and J Security does him no favour - I know it's to play up to his heel persona but he's so much better than that.

Always quite like Johnny Curtis as a wrestler but the Fandango gimmick needs to go. Can't ever take it seriously.

Really wish they'd stop making Rollins look like such a pussy. The guy's been the best thing in it over the last 12 months but the constant whining and the need for outside interference from J and J Security does him no favour - I know it's to play up to his heel persona but he's so much better than that.

Always quite like Johnny Curtis as a wrestler but the Fandango gimmick needs to go. Can't ever take it seriously.

Rollins is really good in that role tho. He doesn't really look like a badass heel character, don't know if it would work. He has effectively carried the company since Bryan got injured imo, so hopefully they will reward him for it, Reigns to win belt at mania, Rollins to successfully cash in is the most likely angle going forwards.

Francesc Fabregas, on 21 Dec 2014 - 11:49, said:

It doesn't need to go anywhere. That persona has helped to make him a bigger name in WWE than most.

He hasn't carried WWE though. Nobody has.

• 4 weeks later...

The promos written for Reigns are some of the worst things I've ever heard.

Tag team titles match was good enough though. Always good to see Mizdow get some time in the ring, no matter how little it might be.

Why on earth did Sin Cara (Hunico) just beat BNB clean???

Cracking idea getting Reigns and Ambrose back together though. Was actually an okay match. Rollins is definitely the future though!

Gutted that was Tom Phillips last commentary until they finally decide to punt old Jerry.

Next week Smackdown moves to Thursday and we'll see Daniel Bryan return to action. Looking forward to that.

Good return for Daniel Bryan in the opening match against Kane. Once again the Authority interfere. Daniel Bryan joined by Reigns and Ambrose to fend off The Authority. Will be good to see them together in a 6 man tag for the main event.

Classic Miz sacrificing Mizdow so that he can pick up the win. Good to stick Foxy with them.

Seth Rollins and Paul Heyman having a war of words is beautiful to watch. Paul teased working with Rollins in the future, don't think that's necessary imo.

Natalya beats Nikki, with an assist going to the wonderful Paige. I'm a bit lost as to who's in the title picture right now as they are all beating each other, maybe they'll have their own Rumble match, unlikely though.

Strange for Sin Cara to be in the title picture in the first place but I thought seeing as he's there that they could at least get a good match out of it. Very quick match unfortunately, it was alright with BNB taking him clean out with the bullhammer.

Daniel Bryan looked great in the main event, it was a very good match for a Smackdown show tbf. The Royal Rumble match is going to be absolute carnage with these guys in it (minus Rollins of course).

Sadly, Bryan vs Kane again next week. Yawn.

Enjoyed Smackdown this week, solid matches with the added bonus of having Bryan back. I like Sin Cara (the new one) there is definitely room for a wrestler like him in the roster.

Shows how decent a two hour show can be and how baggy Raw is with the extra hour. Post PPV Raw's should be three hours but not every week.

Enjoyed Smackdown this week, solid matches with the added bonus of having Bryan back. I like Sin Cara (the new one) there is definitely room for a wrestler like him in the roster.

Shows how decent a two hour show can be and how baggy Raw is with the extra hour. Post PPV Raw's should be three hours but not every week.

The Raw replay should be taken out Smackdown, surely they could put another match on?