Smackdown Thread

Couldn't be bothered waiting for our broadcast so just went straight ahead and watched.

As fun as it was, please tell me Ziggler & Ryback are not about to fill the tag team slot that Goldust & Stardust are about to vacate.

Easy win for Dean Ambrose on his quest towards winning the Intercontinental Championship. Barrett adding the BNZ to his gimmick now :lol:. Quality.

The Rosebuds messing up the trust fall and then celebrating Fandango winning... :thumsup2

Roman Reigns and The Miz put on a good match. Ruthless Miz is great entertainment, he obviously wasn't going to win but he put on a better showing than I thought he would.

What do we make of Rusev? It's been a year and I still can't form an opinion, is he any good or not?

Rollins & J&J vs Bryan was not bad. It was pretty slow for the majority of it. I just find J&J hilarious right now.

Guest bernardblack

Don't think this needs spoilers. Rusev is fucking mince. Have Cena squash him in 10 seconds please.

Why? Love rusev just now. Especially the sheer look of "I'm better than you" whilst applying the accolade

Okay first off, Heath Slater's new hair-do is ugly. Also I liked the grabbing the bull by the horns idea with El Torito :lol:.

I'd imagine that R-Truth lasted as long as he did only because the roster for this show was so small that matches had to last longer, hence the massive main event. I'm amazed every time Bray Wyatt goes into a crab, didn't think someone his size could even do that.

Fandango with another easy win. Would like to see him wrestle some decent guys now.

Reigns & Bryan dispose of Miz & Mizdow very easily to start tag team turmoil. Mizdow's popularity is at an all time high. Would love him to get a push after beating Miz when they eventually split. The element of this match with the Usos was great. The tension created between Reigns & Bryan will hopefully make for a decent main event at Fast Lane. LOL at The Ascension destroying them and getting DQ'd. Big Show knocking out Kane.... If this leads to those two going against each other at Fast Lane I might boycott WWE until they retire.

Is Smackdown worth watching these days? My impression of it was that it was a bit more fighting and no story progression compared to Raw.

Usually worth a watch but this week most of the roster were away abroad somewhere, so unless you love Reigns & Bryan then this week probably isn't for you :lol:

Starting off with a fun segment between Daniel Bryan, BNB & Ambrose.

Dean Ambrose beats The Miz very easily and BNB comes down to steal his own title back!

A very short match between Natalya and Naomi. Usos decked the tag champs outside of the ring.

Jack Swagger interrupts Rusev and Lana. Comes down to the ring for a fight and as has been the case every time he's tried this, Rusev CRUSHES him.

Daniel Bryan beats BNB in a fairly good match. I guess that's Bryan in an ever growing Intercontinental title picture. Why are the burying the champion so hard? It sucks that you have to actually beat the champion to get a title shot these days. R-Truth steals the title from BNB and gives it to Ambrose :lol: What?

Curtis Axel is a fucking idiot. Has his own Axelmania countdown clock and he can't even read the bloody thing :lol::unsure2:. Then he gets instantly beaten by Fandango.

Goldust quickly beats Adam Rose. Stardust attacks him after the match.

Ziggler & co defeat The Authority in a Fast Lane rematch. It was actually decent enough tbf! Ryback is a monster.

Starting off with a fun segment between Daniel Bryan, BNB & Ambrose.

Dean Ambrose beats The Miz very easily and BNB comes down to steal his own title back!

A very short match between Natalya and Naomi. Usos decked the tag champs outside of the ring.

Jack Swagger interrupts Rusev and Lana. Comes down to the ring for a fight and as has been the case every time he's tried this, Rusev CRUSHES him.

Daniel Bryan beats BNB in a fairly good match. I guess that's Bryan in an ever growing Intercontinental title picture. Why are the burying the champion so hard? It sucks that you have to actually beat the champion to get a title shot these days. R-Truth steals the title from BNB and gives it to Ambrose :lol: What?

Curtis Axel is a fucking idiot. Has his own Axelmania countdown clock and he can't even read the bloody thing :lol::unsure2:. Then he gets instantly beaten by Fandango.

Goldust quickly beats Adam Rose. Stardust attacks him after the match.

Ziggler & co defeat The Authority in a Fast Lane rematch. It was actually decent enough tbf! Ryback is a monster.

XD poor Swagger, he's become Russev's personal jobber.

This week we have some more Intercontinental title nonsense to kick off Smackdown this week :lol:.

Very quick tag team match between the champs & Los Matadores. Not interesting in the slightest.

Ryback beats Kane then Big Show beats Ryback, some of the least appealing wrestling ever. I quite like Ryback but get him away from these guys please.

Some mic time for the Bella Twins. They might not be much to watch in the ring but they're good enough all round, definitely better as heels, especially Nikki. Very glad AJ Lee has returned, getting all the big stars back for the big event! Anyway, AJ vs Brie was not bad.... It got pretty decent time too. AJ winning with the delightful black widow submission.

New Day beat Miz & Mizdow. Mizdow's face as Miz was being pinned :lol:. I really hope Miz vs Mizdow will be at Wrestlemania.

Jack Swagger jobbing to Rusev once again, that's getting pretty old :thumbsdown.

The main event match wasn't up to much, but again the title changing hands with Stardust now adding himself into the mix which surely means Goldust will follow? The ladder match will be total chaos and I expect it to be match of the night. It's getting a huge build up, almost all of the build up in fact...

This week we have some more Intercontinental title nonsense to kick off Smackdown this week :lol:.

Very quick tag team match between the champs & Los Matadores. Not interesting in the slightest.

Ryback beats Kane then Big Show beats Ryback, some of the least appealing wrestling ever. I quite like Ryback but get him away from these guys please.

Some mic time for the Bella Twins. They might not be much to watch in the ring but they're good enough all round, definitely better as heels, especially Nikki. Very glad AJ Lee has returned, getting all the big stars back for the big event! Anyway, AJ vs Brie was not bad.... It got pretty decent time too. AJ winning with the delightful black widow submission.

New Day beat Miz & Mizdow. Mizdow's face as Miz was being pinned :lol:. I really hope Miz vs Mizdow will be at Wrestlemania.

Jack Swagger jobbing to Rusev once again, that's getting pretty old :thumbsdown.

The main event match wasn't up to much, but again the title changing hands with Stardust now adding himself into the mix which surely means Goldust will follow? The ladder match will be total chaos and I expect it to be match of the night. It's getting a huge build up, almost all of the build up in fact...

you forgot Axel "challenging" Rusev for the US title *snigger snigger*

The usual opening with the participants in the IC title match. Resulting in a mass brawl.

Up next was a good 8 man tag match. Usos & New Day vs Cesaro/Kidd & Los Matadores. One of the matadores picks up the win with a backstabber. Xavier Woods wiping out one of the Usos was great, think he is quite underrated, hope he can stay injury free. Not sure what's going on with Tag titles with regards to Mania, probably a huge match with all teams in it, on the pre-show I'd imagine.

Ryback easily beats The Miz. Mizdow watching on the monitor in the back, loving the outcome :lol:.

Welcome back Mark Henry, he's looking really good. Enjoyed him on the mic, but once again he gets destroyed on his return, this time by Roman Reigns.

AJ & Paige beat Cameron & Summer Rae very easily. Pretty boring stuff.

Decent 6 man tag main event. Babyfaces pick up the win via a Daniel Bryan running knee. I'm very hyped for these guys to tear each other apart in the ladder match.

• 2 weeks later...