Smackdown Thread

10 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

LESNAR IS HERE FOR KOFI. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Kofi vs Lesnar is happening on the Fox debut.

Lesnar clearly winning it then. Fox want a box office champ on their show to pull eyes in early doors. Can see Lesnar being there a lot more as well now that the 'will he, won't he' stuff about UFC has finally been put to bed and WWE will throw even more cash at him as they have it in their interests to keep Fox sweet with all that money flying their way. 

Kevin Owens (once he's done with Shane) or Big E going after champion Lesnar would be fucking great to be fair. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Unless...they actually go ahead and have Kofi win.  I'm a great believer that you can make any story make sense with decent enough writing, so not as if him winning is completely unbelievable.  I'd far rather Lesnar start going after something more interesting than just grabbing the title and then disappearing.  He should be built up to have these attraction matches, and that doesn't need the title.  

But, let's face it, bit of a shame for Kofi that after all that effort to build him up to be a solid champion, he'll likely get fed to Lesnar in a "just-ok" TV match.  Hopefully if that is the case, he'll at least be around for a few TV episodes, and can get that interest back that sees him put on good PPV matches.

He did delete that tweet (or one of them), hopefully it's just him announcing too early rather than it being pish.

Wyatt/Fiend has been going after people who wronged him...they shat out of having him go after Stone Cold for the shock value, but the Rock would make more sense.  Let big Dwayne hype up the crowd, then let the Fiend have him.  

Looking forward to Friday night’s now. Well probably Saturday morning’s but gives me something to watch before footy.

Stacked card this week, let’s hope they can build on It. Shame Kofi will lose the title I think but It’s been a good 6 months for him.

Superfluous apostrophes. Bleuch.

It probably is time for Kofi to lose the belt but Lesnar having it feels a bit meh given we've seen it all before recently (albeit with the Universal title). Not sure where that leaves Kofi either. Presumably he'll get a rematch but after that what then? A move to Raw would be the obvious thing but would he be top of the card, i.e. challenging for the Universal title, there? Or is it back down to the midcard for him?