Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Good delivery from a dead ball and good at crossing from deep.

Won't take on a man and won't hit the byline so he isn't that type of full back. Positioning is usually alright. Seems like a good guy aswell, didn't hide and had massive balls to take some important penalties

After near liquidation I think we were a bit happy clappy and some really shit players got us relegated twice and struggled in the league one last season.

We were forced to play young players but none of them were much good TBH. I remember Millen getting absolutely roasted by any half decent wide player but he looked ok as part of a back five. If you could teleport him and take a cross then back again he would be world class but he's slower than a week in the jail so ultimately useless as a modern full back. I really don't get the praise for defensive positioning, he was just terrified to go forward and sat back. The crowd got on his back because of this and at the poor management of continuing to play him on one side and Whittle on the other.

Williamson was left out for this guy, I find that incredible TBH.

Is he really good at set pieces? I know he scored a couple of penalties for us but how many free kicks did he score? How many goals did we score from his free kicks and corners?

None, we let our only decent set piece taker go and swapped him for Andy Barrowman.

:lol:

He's not Ryan Williamson so he deserves as much vile abuse as you can throw at him.

In seriousness he'll do a job for Clyde as League 2 probably is his level.

Edited by GordieBoy80

Millen will probably end up a lower league mercenary.

He's a reasonable player who I would imagine will improve with a settled environment.

To those who moan that he kept Williamson out of the team - Millen is two years older, he was also the under 20s captain. Millen himself was thrown in at the deep end, never mind Williamson, who would have been about 16 years old. There's a big difference between happy clapping and hopeful encouragement.

Fingers crossed that Williamson is back to full fitness soon and I hope Millen does well for Clyde.

There's three or four ex junior players or managers on there who get to be the deciding factor in whether a player is deemed good or bad. Despite being spectacularly wrong about many players they still are the judge and jury on if a player is good enough.

Also massive contradictions like any abuse of Millen is unacceptable but it's ok to call Muirhead a poof or Simmons all the names under the sun.

Millen was one they all back and again it's backfired and they are all backtracking and still persisting with the 'he's got good positional sense' 'don't you know i played for Inverbay Rovers U18S!'

Facts are he clearly isn't.